PDA

View Full Version : DCTF top 25 - ALL CLASSES

Ranger Mom
06-12-2005, 08:29 AM
I didn't know if all of these had been posted or not......if so, sorry for the duplication!

DCTF 5A Top 25
1 Southlake Carroll
2 Spring Westfield
3 Tyler Lee
4 Smithson Valley
5 Lufkin
6 Longview
7 Katy
8 Austin Westlake
9 Euless Trinity
10 SA Churchill
11 Copperas Cove
12 Converse Judson
13 The Woodlands
14 North Shore
15 Midland Lee
16 Duncanville
17 Abilene
18 Denton Ryan
19 Schertz Clemens
20 Dallas Carter
21 SA Marshall
22 South Garland
23 Cypress Falls
24 Fort Bend Hightower
25 SA O'Connor

DCTF 4A Top 25
1 La Marque
2 Texas High
3 Boerne
4 Highland Park
5 Marshall
6 Stephenville
7 Lake Travis
8 Kilgore
9 Ennis
10 Brenham
11 Rosenberg Terry
12 Pflugerville Connally
13 Bay City
14 Wylie
15 Calallen
16 Brownwood
17 Texas City
18 Arlington Seguin
19 Plainview
20 New Braunfels Canyon
21 Wichita Falls
22 Houston Kashmere
23 Alamo Heights
24 Sout Oak Cliff
25 EP Riverside

DCTF 3A Top 25
1.....Cuero
2.....Marlin
3.....Synder
4.....Wilmer Hutchins
5.....Atlanta
6.....WO-S
7.....Cameron Yoe
8.....Bridgeport
9.....Wimberley
10...Tatum
11...West Columbia
12...Gainsville
13...Devine
14...Sweetwater
15...Caldwell
16...Jasper
17...Sinton
18...Iowa Park
19...Barbers Hill
20...Waco Connally
21 Canyon
22 Kaufman
23 La Feria
24 Bellville
25 Rusk

DCTF 2A Top 25
1 Newton
2 Celina
3 Brookshire Royal
4 Omaha Pewitt
5 Troup
6 Hamilton
7 Salado
8 Colorado City
9 Wall
10 Post
11 Hughes Springs
12 Troy
13 Lexington
14 Crane
15 Canadian
16 Van Vleck
17 San Augustine
18 East Bernard
19 Bangs
20 Crawford
21 Scurry-Rosser
22 Argyle
23 Tulia
24 Mart
25 Sanford Fritch

DCTF 1A Top 25
1 Chilton
2 Big Sandy
3 Windthorst
4 Normangee
5 Goldwaithe
6 New Deal
7 Groveton
8 Sunray
9 Harleton
10 Hale Center
11 Quanah
12 Stratford
13 Haskell
14 Seagraves
15 Muenster
16 Wolfe City
17 Flatonia
18 Bremond
19 Valley View
20 Joaquin
21 Clarendon
22 Roscoe
23 Irion County
24 Harper
25 McCamey

Phil C
06-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Shouldn't Gregory-Portland have a spot there on 4A? :confused:

rockdale80
06-12-2005, 11:20 AM
No Rogers in 2a....I am shocked

Gobbla2001
06-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Gregory-Portland lost a lot of key players from a team that was ranked high but shouldn't have been...

From what I've heard Rogers was overrated last year and is losing a lot as well...

I was surprised not to see Shiner in the top 25 in 1A, but they've lost a lot as well...

One team to look for in 1A that is not mentioned is Brackett (sp?)... darkhorse city right there...

rockdale80
06-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Gregory-Portland lost a lot of key players from a team that was ranked high but shouldn't have been...

From what I've heard Rogers was overrated last year and is losing a lot as well...

I was surprised not to see Shiner in the top 25 in 1A, but they've lost a lot as well...

One team to look for in 1A that is not mentioned is Brackett (sp?)... darkhorse city right there...

I thought Rogers was pretty good last year. Gave Lexington a run for their money in the playoffs...and beat them in the regular season. Lexington lost their star Jordan Peterson, so you can make the same argument about them losing alot. I was just saying I was shocked because they have been a top ten team for a few years now. Then again it is just Dave Campbell, and I don't take rankings too much to heart.

Gobbla2001
06-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I thought Rogers was pretty good last year. Gave Lexington a run for their money in the playoffs...and beat them in the regular season. Lexington lost their star Jordan Peterson, so you can make the same argument about them losing alot. I was just saying I was shocked because they have been a top ten team for a few years now. Then again it is just Dave Campbell, and I don't take rankings too much to heart.

I was just tellin' ya what I heard, I agree it is strange not seeing them there...

just trying to give explanation here I guess...

rockdale80
06-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I was just tellin' ya what I heard, I agree it is strange not seeing them there...

just trying to give explanation here I guess...

Wasn't trying to argue..my knowledge of 2A is minimal. Maybe 2A is loaded this year. Or maybe Rogers just is not up to par next season. Who knows. I just didn't think they lost very much compared to Lexington...and those are about the only 2 teams I know anything about.

Gobbla2001
06-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Wasn't trying to argue..my knowledge of 2A is minimal. Maybe 2A is loaded this year. Or maybe Rogers just is not up to par next season. Who knows. I just didn't think they lost very much compared to Lexington...and those are about the only 2 teams I know anything about.

Well from what I've heard (and just from what I've heard) Lexington will bring back some of the 'key' players, but I could be wrong, I forget what I've really heard, but was under the impression that neither of them would be anywhere close to where they were last year...

Maybe Dave knows something we don't... maybe not

big daddy russ
06-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Not a single Corpus-area school made the top ten in any of the classifications. That's the first time that's happened in at least 15 years.

dogs15
06-12-2005, 09:14 PM
im suprised not to see shiner in 1A they won state this year

vet93
06-13-2005, 10:41 AM
West Texas is well represented this year with C-city, Crane, Wall and Bangs...also throw in Post and Canadian from the south plains/panhandle! Should be a good year for West Texas 2a football!

pero chato
06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by vet93
West Texas is well represented this year with C-city, Crane, Wall and Bangs...also throw in Post and Canadian from the south plains/panhandle! Should be a good year for West Texas 2a football!

Hey Vet I would love to see Ballinger back in the mix. How do they look this year?

vet93
06-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Pero Chato....Good to hear from you! Ballinger returns almost every starter from a team that went 3-7 last year. We started a wad of sophomores. Our seniors this year are solid, the juniors are pretty salty and the sophomores have only lost to a couple of teams when their team remained intact. With coach Owens going to Monahans (by the way....keep your eye on the lobos....they are going to be pretty salty in the next few years), we are going to a completely different scheme on offense. Coach Owens ran the Wing T and Coach Brevard runs the spread with the qb lining up in the shotgun about 75% of the time. We will be a finesse team. I am not sure what we are running on defense. It should be an interesting year watching the transition of the new offense. I don't know what to expect at this point. With the classes that we have coming up Coach Brevard should have some decent material to work with over the next few years. Hopefully we can return to being competitive. Bangs should be the class of the district, Coleman should be much improved. Early may be down a little and Jim Ned will be rebuilding, but have some good underclassmen coming up. San Saba will struggle. We scrimmage Vernon again this year...that should give us an idea pretty quick what kind of season we are going to have.

Originally posted by pero chato
Hey Vet I would love to see Ballinger back in the mix. How do they look this year?

BullFrog Dad
06-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Aledo not in the 4A top 25!

Gobbla2001
06-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by dogs15
im suprised not to see shiner in 1A they won state this year

Lost a lot I believe...

Knowing them they'll be back, may be a top 10 team before the end of the year, but I got my money on Chilton this year, they're due...

mwynn05
06-13-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't know about everyone else but im tired of waiting! I just happned to be in Waco friday but they had already closed by the time I had gotten there. Isn't it supposed to come out this week? If not i will be going through Waco again so maybe we can stop. I probably wont have time though.

VWG
06-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Aledo not in the 4A top 25!

Ditto!

Gobbla2001
06-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I don't know about everyone else but im tired of waiting! I just happned to be in Waco friday but they had already closed by the time I had gotten there. Isn't it supposed to come out this week? If not i will be going through Waco again so maybe we can stop. I probably wont have time though.

How about this one?

You drive up to Kansas City to pick up a family heirloom from your girlfriend's family, drive it all of the way up to Minnessota, stay there a few days, drive back, tired as hell, but MAKE SURE you stop by the Hall of Fame to pick up the Mag, and they're closed...

The good thing out of trying to make it back that early? We got to see the Spurs win their 2nd championship that night...

mwynn05
06-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't go through waco....