PDA

View Full Version : ?? about 1995

44INAROW
06-11-2005, 05:14 PM
OK, was really bored, so I was reading all the State Baseball Tournament Records etc.. noticed this and I think I know the answer but I just KNOW someone on here will tell me so here goes.. It lists the following as the 1995 Final 4 and winner of the Tournament.

Hallettsville over Luling 6-2 (other teams Gilmer and Graham)

Hallettsville and Luling have been in Cuero's district for many years.. how did they play against each other in the state tourney?

Bonus Question. In 1957, who did Cuero lose to in the State Baseball Finals 6-2? And who were the other 2 teams?
** I didn't know Cuero EVER made it that far :)

Old Cardinal, I am sure you have a program so no fair looking it up (j/k) :D :D :D

kepdawg
06-11-2005, 05:22 PM
They obviously must not have been in the same district or region that year! ;)

44INAROW
06-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
They obviously must not have been in the same district or region that year! ;)

LOL I know that.. what I am thinking is maybe for 2 years Hallettsville must have been in Reg III, but I didn't remember that.. Wasn't Rice Consolidated in Reg III at one time?

kepdawg
06-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Wasn't Rice Consolidated in Reg III at one time?

Yes, and they were in the same district as Halletsville.

mwynn05
06-11-2005, 06:00 PM
They are in region 3 now

kepdawg
06-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
They are in region 3 now

They sure are!

GreenMonster
06-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
OK, was really bored, so I was reading all the State Baseball Tournament Records etc.. noticed this and I think I know the answer but I just KNOW someone on here will tell me so here goes.. It lists the following as the 1995 Final 4 and winner of the Tournament.

Hallettsville over Luling 6-2 (other teams Gilmer and Graham)

Hallettsville and Luling have been in Cuero's district for many years.. how did they play against each other in the state tourney?

Bonus Question. In 1957, who did Cuero lose to in the State Baseball Finals 6-2? And who were the other 2 teams?

Old Cardinal, I am sure you have a program so no fair looking it up (j/k) :D :D :D

Stop stirring up bad memories. I was a SR on a powerful Iowa Park team that had beaten Graham HS 5 times that season including a clean sweep in district play and a one game playoff to determine the district champion (we won that one by run rule in 5 innings). Graham's slot should have been ours but we lost 2 out of 3 in the Bi-District round to an inferior Aledo squad. We won game 1 easily and trounced on their Ace pitcher then we went to Prom afterwards and got drilled the next day in games 2 and 3. Too many beers and not enough sleep drained our pitching staff and we didn't have a single pitcher last more than 3 innings on that fateful Saturday at Ft Worth Arlington Heights HS. :(

Gobbla2001
06-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Hallettsville must have been the Region 3 team... I remember when Hallettsville entered La Grange's district my senior season ('00)... Though that was still district 25 in Region 4, LG is sitting in district 19 now, so maybe Hallettsville was Region 3 while in their district along with Columbus and/or Giddings etc... I think those were the years when Wimberly was in our district... it was prolly them instead of Hallettsville...

That's very interesting...

Gobbla2001
06-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I remember when Rice Consolidated was in district 28 and Sealy was in one of the Region 3 districts, must have been district 23... the schools are about 20 or so miles apart...

there are just so many 3A schools in that area and this area that bounce around districts constantly and sometimes they mix the two...

TMer25
06-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Hallettsville must have been the Region 3 team... I remember when Hallettsville entered La Grange's district my senior season ('00)... Though that was still district 25 in Region 4, LG is sitting in district 19 now, so maybe Hallettsville was Region 3 while in their district along with Columbus and/or Giddings etc... I think those were the years when Wimberly was in our district... it was prolly them instead of Hallettsville...

That's very interesting...

you are correct my friend. I was a jr. on that Luling team.

gobbler grad
06-12-2005, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 44INAROW

:thinking: Don't ever hear people talking about going to state in baseball that far back...to many years ago...:o

By the way I cheated and looked...Bryan beat Cuero 6-2 and the other teams were SYNDER and GARLAND.

44INAROW
06-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 44INAROW

:thinking: Don't ever hear people talking about going to state in baseball that far back...to many years ago...:o

By the way I cheated and looked...Bryan beat Cuero 6-2 and the other teams were SYNDER and GARLAND.

ding ding :D