PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this?

PhiI C
06-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I am not a men's soccer fan I admit but even then some injustice was done to our Men's National Soccer team Wednesday when they played Panama in an important game to advance to the World Cup. ESPN delayed giving us the score and showed a tape delayed game at midnight acting as if it was live. Please don't insult our intelligence like that again ESPN! The game was played earlier but they were showing pro baseball as if we couldn't do without one baseball game in a long season for an important event like this one. The other ESPN channel showed the NCAA softball championship game which needed to be shown that I watched but to refer to it as a World Series! Pleasseeeee! Soccer fans in America got the gas pipe that night. I don't really care for Men's soccer like I said but it is the most popular sport in the world. After what happened this week the rest of the world is probably laughing at us. :mad:

mwynn05
06-11-2005, 12:56 AM
It's becuase of contractual obligation (you know that i know but im just saying) they would probably have to pay quite a bit if they didnt so that game

kepdawg
06-11-2005, 12:56 AM
That just breaks my heart, Phil.

PhiI C
06-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
That just breaks my heart, Phil.

Thank you for your support kep. And another thing is that the winner of the Spurs vs Pistons are the NBA champions. They are not the World Champions as ABC announcers sometimes say. Argentina and other countries have more right to that especially after what our NBA stars did in last year's olympics. I want the Spurs to win of course but if they do they are NBA champions not world champions.

AggieJohn
06-11-2005, 01:02 AM
oh phil i definately phil you

District303aPastPlayer
06-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
oh phil i definately phil you
scary thought..