PDA

View Full Version : 2A Baseball Tournament outcome?

Old Cardinal
06-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I know that the 2A baseball Championship completed today. I was wondering if someone could post the scores?

ILS1
06-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Holliday 3, Maypearl 1

Woodville 4, Comfort 2

The 2A State Championship game is scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) @ 12:00 p.m.

Old Cardinal
06-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I think Woodville will win it. They came down our way and played the ranked 3As and 4As in a Tournament and got bopped around a bit in preseason. Again it is not your record-- it is who your play to get ready. Woodville is a fiesty little bunch. I have seen both their girls SB and boys BB and I respect them both as the up-and- coming diamond sports 2A programs.

ILS1
06-10-2005, 08:33 PM
I would not count out Holliday. They make the State tourney,year in and year out. They've been there before and know what it takes. Good luck to both teams!!!

mwynn05
06-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think Woodville will win it. They came down our way and played the ranked 3As and 4As in a Tournament and got bopped around a bit in preseason. Again it is not your record-- it is who your play to get ready. Woodville is a fiesty little bunch. I have seen both their girls SB and boys BB and I respect them both as the up-and- coming diamond sports 2A programs. What are you talking about up and coming weren't they in the 3a regional semifinals or finals like 2 years ago (im pretty sure im right, they beat my school in the 1st round)

Old Cardinal
06-12-2005, 08:02 PM
"What are you talking about" I guess I was hazarding a CORRECT guess that Woodville would win it this year. I have seen their boys and girls play 3A and now 2A for a number of years. They have done quite well on occasion even in 3A. I saw the boys play several games this year and saw the girls play Franklin up at Crockett one night this year. I stand by what I also said that Woodville will be an up-and-coming force in 2A for years to come. They-- both boys and girls may well be contenders for the State Crowns again next season.