PDA

View Full Version : wasps !

BCsportfan
06-10-2005, 12:55 PM
ok, I got so much information on killing fire ants I thought I'd get some advice for killing wasp. I have to spray every 3 nights to keep them away and it is costing a fortune not to mention killing my shrubs....any ideas ?

sinton66
06-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Soapy water works on bees, should work on wasps, but use something that sprays at a good distance, and, definitely wear safety goggles(they will come after your eyes).

turbostud
06-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I got stung on my ear lobe the other day while weed eating by a yellow jacket. Very painful and irritating place to get stung. But I took care of the little suckers. :mad:

BCsportfan
06-10-2005, 01:19 PM
how'd you take care of the little suckers ??
They come after us anytime we get in the pool, (like they are diving for us) Can't find any nest either, I elimanated the nest months ago

spiveyrat
06-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Get some of that wasp spray that sprays about 20 feet or so and spray the wasps on the nest. Many will fall down immediately, some will fly off, so be prepared to run if you have to. After all have left and things have calmed down, spray the nest real good. They shouldn't come back after that.

Ranger Mom
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by BCsportfan
how'd you take care of the little suckers ??
They come after us anytime we get in the pool, (like they are diving for us) Can't find any nest either, I elimanated the nest months ago

Are they actually coming after you or just getting a drink? I have wasps land on the water on my pool all the time, they never bother us....just drink their fill and head off!

underware
06-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't usually kill bees (wasps). I keep them as long as possible. They eat the web worms in pecan trees.

CHS_Grad '85
06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
My husband is allergic so we have to get rid of them every year... the best stuff we found is at the Dollar King store... it shoots from a good distance and it paralyzes them till they die... and it only cost a buck :D

Astrosdawg07
06-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are they actually coming after you or just getting a drink? I have wasps land on the water on my pool all the time, they never bother us....just drink their fill and head off!

The wasps we have prefer to sting and drink!

SintonFan
06-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Soapy water works on bees, should work on wasps, but use something that sprays at a good distance, and, definitely wear safety goggles(they will come after your eyes).
I'll second that!
I deal with WASP all the time and if you aim the soapy water at their eyes they run off to the local law enforcment(but it gets rid of them quick). :D
j/k
Soapy water knocks them down just as quick as poisons do and is not hazardous to anyones health. If you hold your breath and not move they won't sting you either. I run into 3-4 nest everday this time of year.

BHKrystal06
06-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I run when they come at me...

Matthew328
06-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I get the foam spray that sprays 20 feet or so...it foams up on the nest so they can't fly at you because they are weighed down too much...but if you can't find the nest I'm not sure what you can do!!