PDA

View Full Version : bellville wins it 10-7

CHEERDAD
11-29-2002, 10:56 PM
fairfield had first and goal from 6 with 2 1/2 minutes to go ,threw an interseption on first play

eye of the tiger
11-29-2002, 11:43 PM
Sounds like a real defensive struggle. Congrats to Fairfield for a great year and big congrats to Bellville on their victory.

rhs_olb33_06
11-30-2002, 01:25 AM
Fairfield has a first and goal on the 6 or so, and they lineup in shotgun and throw an INT, when all of their runningbacks are probably averaging over 6 yards a carry, and they can just lineup in I form and run up the middle and score and win the ball game...doesnt make sense...but what a game though, and what a awesome season for fairfield coming off an 0-10 season last year

SintonFan
11-30-2002, 01:36 AM
Congrats Bellville on your big win! Some of us in Sinton have believed in yall all year!
Go Bellville!!! :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-30-2002, 02:41 AM
Boy what a game, 10-7 this was a game with good defense tonight, great season for Fairfield, they played Bellville very close, Good job by the Bellville defense holding a Fairfield team that avg. 35 points a game, to only 7 points. Bellville has still yet to play up to par in the playoffs, but still find a way to win. Bellville will need to click on all 4 cylinders instead of one or two from now on out, if they want to win state. Once again good game by Fairfield yall have a very good football team.
Go Bellville Win State!!!!!

Pudlugger
11-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Congratulations Bellville for the win. Although a defensive struggle like that may not appear impressive on the surface it shows determination and metal. We at La Grange are fired up for Marlin, and the prospect of a match with ya'll just stokes us all the more. :)

Old Cardinal
11-30-2002, 10:32 AM
Congrats to Bellville! And Congrats to Coach Anderson and that Cinderella team from Fairfield that surprised everyone this year!

Bongo
11-30-2002, 10:53 AM
Hey Pud, good luck to you guys as you go up against Marlin today. Certainly a LaGrange vs. Bellville match will be one to get the juices flowing.

Congrats to Fairfield for a great season and a well-played final game. You guys are tough up the middle on both sides of the ball. I think when a game is this close, it's easy to scrutinize the play calling. Certainly I thought Bellville was too conservative late in the game and FField had opportunities in the last 2 minutes.

But what a 4th quarter! Both teams had chances.
Go Bulls!

eaglefan24
11-30-2002, 12:10 PM
Congrats to Bellville, they have a very solid team and will make a wonderful representative in the next round of the playoffs.

Our boys played hard, but little mistakes did us in. I hate how conservative we were up until the 4th quarter, and I wish they would have, (#1) not run that option after Bellville fumbled on the 25, and (#2) lined up with our big boys on 1st and goal at the 6 and ran it up their throat because if we cannot get 6 yards on 4 downs with our boys then we did not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Our defense played great, had pressure on the QB all night long and I know he is going to have nightmares about Rashad Manning (#31) and Roderick Promise (#35) putting those hits on him.

But congrats once again to our boys from Fairfield. After going 0-10 last year, everyone had them picked at the bottom of the district.....who knew they would be 11-2 and Area Champions? They also have a lot of seniors returning so it will be an interesting team next year as well.

Brahma73
11-30-2002, 03:50 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Boy what a game, 10-7 this was a game with good defense tonight, great season for Fairfield, they played Bellville very close, Good job by the Bellville defense holding a Fairfield team that avg. 35 points a game, to only 7 points. Bellville has still yet to play up to par in the playoffs, but still find a way to win. Bellville will need to click on all 4 cylinders instead of one or two from now on out, if they want to win state. Once again good game by Fairfield yall have a very good football team.
Go Bellville Win State!!!!!I'll say this Former, we got the win. Don't know about the "cylinders" part. I think we played pretty well last night, but we ran against one hell of a defense. We played pretty well mistake free football, but their speed in rushing the QB, covering our receivers and beating our backs outside was almost enough to make our good effort second best. We were VERY fortunate to escape that game when you consider they threw 2 ints in the red zone and nearly stopped us (didn't we get a great spot?!?!) on that 4th & 8 near the goal line when Jobbo JUST got the 1st. Sometimes meeting a solid, well-coached opponent has a way of making a great team look plain. I think that was the case Friday. :rolleyes:

Things don't get easier, and we'll need our best effort weekly now, but I have a good feeling about this group of Brahmas. Seems like we have a knack for rising up at the right moment. wink wink (Whew!!!!)

GO BULLS! TAKE STATE!! :D :D :D