PDA

View Full Version : Runaway bride... continued

spiveyrat
06-09-2005, 07:47 AM
From nydailynews.com:

Runaway deal?: Fresh from copping a plea to faking her own abduction, "Runaway Bride" Jennifer Wilbanks seems ready to cash in. I hear that Queen of All Media Judith Regan is close to inking a mid-six-figure deal with the 32-year-old Wilbanks and her on-again, off-again future husband, John Mason, that includes movie-of-the-week rights (possibly for NBC) and a network television interview - maybe with Katie Couric. No comments all around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is happening so quickly that it seems to have been almost been orchestrated. Hmmmm.... :thinking:

Phil C
06-09-2005, 08:06 AM
It was bound to happen. Only in America! :)

Green Ranger
06-09-2005, 08:25 AM
I don't agree with it, but she is going to have to pay off those fines/bills somehow. Why not cash in on it, pay of the fines and come out on top. What is not American about that, as sad as that is these days.

spiveyrat
06-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
I don't agree with it, but she is going to have to pay off those fines/bills somehow. Why not cash in on it, pay of the fines and come out on top. What is not American about that, as sad as that is these days.

The thing is, when people see her being "rewarded" for bad behavior, someone is sure to try to cash in the same way.

AggieJohn
06-09-2005, 08:53 AM
America, land of Opportunity

Green Ranger
06-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Like I said I dont agree with it at all, I believe she should have been put behind bars. But if you step back, America has become just that. Who can make the bucks and be better off. Prime example, the basketball player from Illionis (Sp?) that was at a pre-draft camp and broke his ankle. The athlete was going to make the bucks and skip out on his education but one of the titles on one of the articles I read was "Illionis gets break from pre-draft camp." In aspect of being rewarded for being bad, that is where courts should but the hammer down and if it is possible make part of the sentencing that they cannot make money (be it movies or books) or they will be sent to jail.

AP Panther Fan
06-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
The thing is, when people see her being "rewarded" for bad behavior, someone is sure to try to cash in the same way.

I agree. Not only should she do some jail time, I think the judge should prevent her from "selling" her story for a profit, not one cent. The whole thing really ticks me off. :rolleyes:

RBARKER
06-09-2005, 09:36 AM
That did it! I'm tired of being a normal working stiff. I'm going to go out and do something to get national attention so I can retire:D

Bandera YaYa
06-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
From nydailynews.com:

Runaway deal?: Fresh from copping a plea to faking her own abduction, "Runaway Bride" Jennifer Wilbanks seems ready to cash in. I hear that Queen of All Media Judith Regan is close to inking a mid-six-figure deal with the 32-year-old Wilbanks and her on-again, off-again future husband, John Mason, that includes movie-of-the-week rights (possibly for NBC) and a network television interview - maybe with Katie Couric. No comments all around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is happening so quickly that it seems to have been almost been orchestrated. Hmmmm.... :thinking: Ha....Katie Couric would be the perfect choice for this cheezy interview..........B-O-R-I-N-G !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
06-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Ha....Katie Couric would be the perfect choice for this cheezy interview..........B-O-R-I-N-G !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You got that right!!!