PDA

View Full Version : what movie is worth dishin out $8 (well, actually $16) to see this saturday?

pirate44
06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
going on a date with my wife saturday. any suggestions for a good movie?

Gobbla2001
06-08-2005, 12:34 PM
$16.00???

Y'all are sneaking into the movie???

Usually all that 16 bucks will get ya is two small popcorns and two small drinks...

Good luck finding a movie with that ha...

Honestly, it's been a while since I've been to the movies, so I dunno what to tell ya...

pirate44
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
$16.00???

Y'all are sneaking into the movie???

Usually all that 16 bucks will get ya is two small popcorns and two small drinks...

Good luck finding a movie with that ha...

Honestly, it's been a while since I've been to the movies, so I dunno what to tell ya...
its 8 bucks per ticket. id never buy food at a theater. are you crazy!!:crazy:

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
personally i wouldnt pay more than about 6 for any movie, regardless of how bad i wanted to see it. they all cost 8 bucks out here, and to me that seems extremely pricey. i can only imagine how you folks back on the mainland feel paying that much for a movie, besides i use my military discount to help out a little bit. but mr and mrs smith looks like it will be a really good movie, if that one is out yet. i have also heard the longest yard w/ adam sandler and nelly is good.

pirate44
06-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i have also heard the longest yard w/ adam sandler and nelly is good.
i thought about that one. i also heard Cedric the Entertainer has a movie base on The Honeymooners. its gotta be good cause everything Cedric does is hilareous. still ahvent seen star wars, but i may wait till its out for rent

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
star wars was ok, but then again if the date i was on when i saw it were going a little better i might have liked it alot more. but its nothing you cant hold off on til its on dvd/vhs/dollar movies.

Etexpirate
06-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Saw Crash last weekend.. It was...um.. amazing? I'm not sorry that I went to see it.. but if it was THIS weekend..would probably go see Mr and Mrs Smith instead and would have missed this one.. It was stunning.

44INAROW
06-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I wanna see Mr and Mrs Smith too.. When does Bewitched come out? I wanna see that too

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 04:42 PM
mr and mrs smith is supposed to be good

CHS_Grad '85
06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Took my mom to see Monster-In-Law... man was that funny... my mom swore that Jane Fonda was doing her MIL... :D and not all the best parts showed up on the trailer...

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah i thought that was good i took my girl on that

AP Panther Fan
06-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Took my mom to see Monster-In-Law... man was that funny... my mom swore that Jane Fonda was doing her MIL... :D and not all the best parts showed up on the trailer...

I have heard it is a great movie!

It's on my list "To See" but of course, after it comes out on DVD. (hey, that rhymed :D )

CHS_Grad '85
06-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Well I think it's well worth the price of admission at the theater but I can respect waiting for it on DVD (cool rhyme by the way)... I just love going to the movies and watching it on the big screen...

I do plan on watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith... everything I've heard about it says that it's "HOT"...

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 05:00 PM
hot enought to break up pitt and anniston

Bandera YaYa
06-08-2005, 05:33 PM
LOL...all you cheap guys out there......a date to the movies has to include drink, popcorn and candy.......come on, forgo some of the mula you spend on beer every week and show your date a proper time.....hey, you wanna get your money's worth, don't ya?? ;) ;) :kiss:

44INAROW
06-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85

yep, I wanna see Monster in Law too :) glad to hear that not all the good parts are in the trailer

44INAROW
06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I have heard it is a great movie!

It's on my list "To See" but of course, after it comes out on DVD. (hey, that rhymed :D )

You're a poet
We all know it
Your toes show it
They are LONGFELLOWS :D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
06-08-2005, 10:30 PM
The Bewitched movie looks crappy man, yeah yeah... like a dead fish...

its a movie about making a movie... now how dumb is that.. they are lookin to make a new bewitched and find that kiddman is a witch... now am i the only one that finds this stupid?:confused:

SintonFan
06-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
its 8 bucks per ticket. id never buy food at a theater. are you crazy!!:crazy:
$16 will get you caviar at the Beeville theater! :) It's just as close as Corpus and only a few bucks to get in. All stadium seating with no crowds. This is where we go now. I finally went there to see Hitchhikers' and I was impressed.
If Fantastic four is opening this weekend, that might not be a bad choice fofo.

Also, Portland will be opening up a new theater around Thanksgiving.:cool:

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-08-2005, 11:53 PM
i forgot who mentioned crash, but that movie was a really good movie. i saw it twice and want to see it again. the part w/ the little girl made me choke up both times i saw it.

pirate44
06-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
LOL...all you cheap guys out there......a date to the movies has to include drink, popcorn and candy.......come on, forgo some of the mula you spend on beer every week and show your date a proper time.....hey, you wanna get your money's worth, don't ya?? ;) ;) :kiss:
1. we buy whatever we feel like consuming at a movie. never skimp.
2. $0.00 <---money spent on beer every week.
3. we plan on our date being an all day thing by doing other activities and a fancy restaurant.

i aint cheap with my woman:mad:
as of today, been married 54 months and as far as i can tell there are no complaints from either side!! :p

;) :D

AP Panther Fan
06-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

LOL...my waiting for it on DVD is more, well okay....I am being cheap!:D

Unfortunately, family of 5 + spares = big bucks at the theater.;)

AggieJohn
06-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
1. we buy whatever we feel like consuming at a movie. never skimp.

;) :D

exactly fo fo