PDA

View Full Version : Day -3-

Ranger Mom
06-08-2005, 09:01 AM
with no air conditioner! I don't see how people back in the "old days" did it!

We replaced the thermostat yesterday thinking that may be the problem.....NOTHING!!

I slept outside with the dogs and 182 brown beetle bugs til about 2:00 am, then skeedadled back into the house.

44INAROW
06-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Ouch.. sure hope it gets fixed today :eek: I am with you, I do not know how they did it back "in the olden days"

Old Green
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Ouch.. sure hope it gets fixed today :eek: I am with you, I do not know how they did it back "in the olden days" RM, run down to Wal Mart and buy you one of those $75.00 dollar window units.

I bought one last year when our central unit went out.

It's great for cooling one room and sets up in about 15 minutes and plugs into 110. it works great in a pinch.:)

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 09:14 AM
i ditto that advice

Ranger Mom
06-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
RM, run down to Wal Mart and buy you one of those $75.00 dollar window units.

I bought one last year when our central unit went out.

It's great for cooling one room and sets up in about 15 minutes and plugs into 110. it works great in a pinch.:)

Actually one of my sons has one in his room. We enclosed the garage but haven't got anything vented in to it yet.

And I know this is gonna sound pathetic, but I haven't taken the A/C out of his room because a rabbit lives in there and I don't want him to get too hot!

Hubby just called, he FINALLY found someone that would be able to come out today and take a look at it. (That's been our problem, anyone we have talked to said they wouldn't be able to come out til next week sometime)!

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 09:25 AM
you need to tell that guy that you will publicize his name and number and do the best to advertise him since he will come out now...pay him some respect

Ranger Mom
06-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
you need to tell that guy that you will publicize his name and number and do the best to advertise him since he will come out now...pay him some respect

Well, the only reason he's doing it is, his son and my son ride bulls together. It's almost as if he is doing it as a favor for Chad's "mom and dad"....but hey, whatever it takes!!:D

spiveyrat
06-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Only IF he gets it back on today! :nerd:

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well, the only reason he's doing it is, his son and my son ride bulls together. It's almost as if he is doing it as a favor for Chad's "mom and dad"....but hey, whatever it takes!!:D i'll scratch your back, you scratch mine

GreenMonster
06-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Create your own "Swamp Cooler" get a cooler full of ice and set a fan up blowing across the cooler. This works best if you position yourself on the opposite side of the cooler from the fan. :cool: I know, it's pretty Red Neck but hey even a little cool feels good when the A/C is on the blink.

Old Green
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Actually one of my sons has one in his room. We enclosed the garage but haven't got anything vented in to it yet.

And I know this is gonna sound pathetic, but I haven't taken the A/C out of his room because a rabbit lives in there and I don't want him to get too hot!

Hubby just called, he FINALLY found someone that would be able to come out today and take a look at it. (That's been our problem, anyone we have talked to said they wouldn't be able to come out til next week sometime)! i know what you're talking about. AC repairmen are pretty busy these days. I was told the same thing two years ago.

BHKrystal06
06-08-2005, 10:05 AM
My dad's family lives in Massachusetts and they don't have any air conditioners till the summer since it stays cold for most of the year...but when it starts getting hot, it gets REAL hot and they go buy window units..

GWOOD
06-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Isn't it weird how A/C's always go out when it's hot?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................I wonder if we could get a government grant to do a study on that?

Old Dog
06-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Only way we stood it in the old days, is because we didn't know any better.

Remember those hot afternoons in class when you would stick to you papers and pray for a little breeze?

District303aPastPlayer
06-08-2005, 10:33 AM
good luck to ya :)

spiveyrat
06-08-2005, 10:47 AM
i know what you're talking about. AC repairmen are pretty busy these days. I was told the same thing two years ago.

You've been waiting for 2 years? :eek:

Snyder_TigerFan
06-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Isn't it weird how A/C's always go out when it's hot?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................I wonder if we could get a government grant to do a study on that?

Now that's funny!

Old Green
06-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You've been waiting for 2 years? :eek: Ha! Didn't wait that long. 8 days though:D

spiveyrat
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Ha! Didn't wait that long. 8 days though:D

;) Yeah, I knew what you meant. I just had to say that. :)

mwynn05
06-08-2005, 12:12 PM
with no air conditioner! I don't see how people back in the "old days" did it!

We replaced the thermostat yesterday thinking that may be the problem.....NOTHING!!

I slept outside with the dogs and 182 brown beetle bugs til about 2:00 am, then skeedadled back into the house. we had this same thing happen like 4 years ago. W ejust got a window unti and put it in the living room.