PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe young men choose an herb over college football

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Not naming any names...

...but let's call a duck a duck. They chose chronic over football. Facts are facts. Ricky Williams freaking chose it over millions of dollars and every in college program in the country kicks players off the team for the same reasons.

I am impressed that Fran and Mack run such a tight ship.

I used to think the marijuana wasn't a bad drug at all, not that i ever did it, but it must be addictive if young men throw everything away for it.

I am sure my thread won't last long. But a plea to Mods on the topic. This topic effects every program in America, including ours, and skirting the issue isn't going to solve anything.

sahen
06-08-2005, 01:04 AM
yah it is a bad prob, but the real reason i replied...1 in 20 equals success? no one is claiming us to have a sucessful program but there were some ties in there too....it was 1 in 13 i believe.....but like i said i havent heard anyone at baylor go "ok, well we beat the ags we can pack it in and coast from here" actually now it seems like there is more pressure on morriss to win this coming year because he is proving we have the talent to win some more games....

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 01:10 AM
true, but my sigs not aimed at you, it's at sicem74 and it's all in jest

sahen
06-08-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
true, but my sigs not aimed at you, it's at sicem74 and it's all in jest
sicem74 needs to calm down about the football victory over a&m and stick w/ baseball for now....im more worried about our team winning 2 of the next 3 against clemson to get to omaha and cap off this great year for baylor athletics....

sahen
06-08-2005, 01:27 AM
sry double post

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 01:28 AM
nice perspective

LH Panther Mom
06-08-2005, 06:59 AM
I'll have to agree with you on this, AJ. It is beyond me why a talented athlete at any level would choose to jeapordize that over any type of drug, whether it's alcohol, street drugs, or prescription meds. My oldest would have loved to have the opportunity to play college, though not at the expense of sacrificing the degree he chose, by attending a smaller school. It galls me to think of the amount of money that tax payers have to fork over to pay for the education of these kids, then to have them turn around & abuse the privilege they have.

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 07:49 AM
they should have ot pay back for what they have squandered away