PDA

View Full Version : Is this going to be another 'boring' series? (Pistons/Spurs)

Gobbla2001
06-07-2005, 09:18 PM
I can hear it now... "This is so boring, the ratings are down etc..."

What do you guys think?

Maybe because I watch the Spurs all of the time I get hyped up about defense...

Maybe because so and so watches the Pistons all of the time they get hyped about defense and awesome shot-blocks...

Whichever the outcome of the series, one thing is for certain: The last 3 champions have been defense oriented... IT WORKS, whether it is exciting or not...

Diocletian
06-07-2005, 09:21 PM
judge the competition with the excitement and you'll realize that this series has the most potential for a pure dramatic up-and-down showing of games..

Gobbla2001
06-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
competition with the excitement

There are the two words I am looking for...

competition is what it is all about, excitement is just an added feature at times...

j_dog
06-07-2005, 09:26 PM
it won't be boring if the Spurs win! :D

sicem74
06-07-2005, 09:27 PM
this series will be so boring without seeing shaq playin but at least spur or the lakers thing still continues for the last 5 or 6 years!

Gobbla2001
06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
this series will be so boring without seeing shaq playin but at least spur or the lakers thing still continues for the last 5 or 6 years!

No, it won't continue, because the Lakers, with that exciting guy 'Shaq' lost to Detroit last year...

So that will make the order: Spurs, Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons and Pistons/Spurs...

Diocletian
06-07-2005, 09:30 PM
those players give all they have physicaly and emotionaly to be in the Finals and you think it will be boring???

they have a moral responsiblity to play the best 4-7 games of their lives.....

and when the entire court is playing up to their full potential, then and only then can you say you've seen a real NBA game...

sicem74
06-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No, it won't continue, because the Lakers, with that exciting guy 'Shaq' lost to Detroit last year...

So that will make the order: Spurs, Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons and Pistons/Spurs...

lol ok u will c then the heat will b there to back up the lakers

Gobbla2001
06-07-2005, 09:37 PM
lol ok u will c then the heat will b there to back up the lakers

I have absolutely no clue what that means... :confused:

sicem74
06-07-2005, 09:39 PM
so i noe so sic em bears

Gobbla2001
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
I was hoping that this topic would be a good one, where people could discuss the Spurs and Pistons, maybe even learn more about the two teams...

But now I feel it will only make everyone who reads it more and more stupid..

thanks

PhiI C
06-07-2005, 09:59 PM
This should be an epic series with both teams playing well. The ratings should set records. This is going to be the most exciting month in the lives of about 90% of America and 80% of the world who will be glued to their television sets.

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 11:09 PM
so i noe so sic em bears
sylvan learning center

Old Tiger
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
This NBA Final will be about TWO TEAMS instead of inidividuals so it will be a true basketball fans dream series

Gobbla2001
06-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
This NBA Final will be about TWO TEAMS instead of inidividuals so it will be a true basketball fans dream series

Dang straight...

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 01:44 AM
the past two champs, it ought to be good

big daddy russ
06-08-2005, 02:10 AM
If you're a fan of basketball, you'll love this series. If you're a fan of the guys who play basketball, you'll probably change the channel.

Timmy D's the closest thing to a superstar in this series, but he's not Hollywood and he doesn't get the attention of a Shaq, T-Mac, Kobe or LeBron. Sad thing too, because he's the only one of them all that could make any team in the league a championship-caliber team. Put him on the Hornets they'd be right there with the Pistons, Spurs and the Heat. Put him on the Jazz, they'd win a title.

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 08:25 AM
russ you hit it on the nail, if you are a mediocre fan of bball, then this is boring, however if you are serious fan than you are marveled by the two teams together