PDA

View Full Version : Good job EA SPorts

AggieJohn
06-06-2005, 10:31 PM
http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/ncaa/screenshots/xbox/screenshots/05_ncaa_xbox_320x240.jpg

Finally got the part of no names on the back of the jersey's

Diocletian
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
isn't that just the older Aggie team you can select?

and can't you just disable the names in the options?

Adidas410s
06-06-2005, 10:40 PM
two things...

1) No when you disable names that is referring to the indactor below the highlighted player that tells you name/number/position etc. Even though A&M removed the names from the jersey last year, EA still had them on in the game. They are usually 1-2 years behind in catching some of the more subtle changes that teams make to their unis.

2) Notice what game that is from...now who won that game again? :p Not that I really care though! I am a UT fan first but LOVE going to games at Kyle Field and taking part in the "festivities" of Aggie football. It's an atmosphere matched by VERY FEW other college games. I must say that I literally laughed out loud last night when I was in Waco and saw people that had t-shirts made to "commemorate" the win over A&M. Pretty sad when school gets a shirt made when their school wins a conference game! HA!!!

Diocletian
06-06-2005, 10:43 PM
sry it's against my religion to defend the aggies....

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I must say that I literally laughed out loud last night when I was in Waco and saw people that had t-shirts made to "commemorate" the win over A&M. Pretty sad when school gets a shirt made when their school wins a conference game! HA!!! this is pretty funny. i would hope for their own maturity levels they let it go after this next season. if they dont it will show either just how far and few between wins really are for them, or that they have no sportsmanship. i dont mean to sound like im hatin' on baylor, God knows they are one of the best acedemic schools in the country. so they have earned my respect. but let it go, wins happen.

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
this is pretty funny. i would hope for their own maturity levels they let it go after this next season. if they dont it will show either just how far and few between wins really are for them, or that they have no sportsmanship. i dont mean to sound like im hatin' on baylor, God knows they are one of the best acedemic schools in the country. so they have earned my respect. but let it go, wins happen.

academic yes, frugal with their money no

sahen
06-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
academic yes, frugal with their money no
frugal w/ our money? what r u talkin about didnt yall just build a 250 million dollar locker room? we r having troulbe building a 20 million dollar practice facility.....i dont think a&m can say anything about how baylor spends their money....

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:06 AM
no it was like 20 million i think at the most, how bout that chemistry building eh?

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:07 AM
What this old thing....
http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/facilities/images2004/full/brightcomplex.jpg

sahen
06-07-2005, 01:08 AM
it is a science building.....yah....we spend money on academic buildings so we can mantain being one of the best academic schools in the nation....what a novel idea for a college???? gees we rnt a minor league sporting team....

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:09 AM
gosh it only got us http://www.aggieathletics.com/specialsites/signingday/images/MFB-05-bennett-martellus-mug.jpg and http://www.aggieathletics.com/specialsites/signingday/images/MFB-05-coffman-gremon-mug.jpg

sahen
06-07-2005, 01:11 AM
well John, I'd rather have said that i went to the school that has the science building when im being interviewed for med school than to say my school got X 5 star recruit....i'll live w/ being bad-mediocre in football so that i can get into what med school i want due to the rep of my college....it will help me a lot more in my life than having a winning football team....and do i have to mention taht we spent that money on our science building and still beat yall?

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Some stats i found...

More than half of entering freshmen in top 10% of HS class (2003)
Average Fall 2003 freshman SAT score – 1,189 (U.S. Avg. – 1,026)
Average Fall 2003 freshman ACT score – 26 (U.S. Avg. – 21)
Average Fall 2003 incoming graduate student GRE score 1,125 (Avg. for all 2001-’02 test-takers – 1,069)
Ranks among the top 20 U.S. institutions in enrollment of National Merit Scholars
Student body included about 600 National Merit Scholars
Nearly 7,000 students in 2003-'04 eligible to enroll in honors classes, with 164 course sections offered each semester.
More than 20 percent of students graduate with international experience
72 percent of students receive scholarships or other financial aid
Highly sought-after by employers: 19,976 on-campus job interviews by 1,044 companies from September 2002 through August 2003
The university's Memorial Student Center is the largest student-run program of its type in the nation; include approximately 700 clubs and organizations to satisfy myriad social, personal-development and recreational interests

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by sahen
and do i have to mention taht we spent that money on our science building and still beat yall?
touche!

sahen
06-07-2005, 01:16 AM
i didnt say yall were stupid or a bad school.....however, to get into med school baylor grads r well above their texas counterparts....i could pull up the percentages but i dont feel like doing it.....

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:19 AM
yeah, but then again i can't really talk anymore, being as i'm an http://universityservices.tamucc.edu/images/webwaveonly.jpg

sahen
06-07-2005, 01:20 AM
and i meant percentage wise not gross numbers....obviously more people from UT/A&M/Tech etc. will get in than baylor cause a lot more will apply.....however in percentage accepted baylor is high up there....

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:22 AM
i got into baylor

sahen
06-07-2005, 01:26 AM
i got into baylor
ur not stupid.....and u got into a&m too....but the question i have seen at baylor is not that can u get into it...its can u get out...

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 01:32 AM
i'm finding out that it's kind of that way here at A*M corpus....

these kids seriously think that a bachelors degree can take 8 or 9 years.....

geez though, a lot of kids go to school for 8 or 9 years

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V115/N15/tommy.gif
yeah they're called doctors

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-07-2005, 02:43 AM
not too spoil the sentimentla moment here, but you two went from an in depth argument to seeing that your respective schools are alot more similar than you think. just thought id point that out becuase i thought it was interesting.

sahen
06-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
not too spoil the sentimentla moment here, but you two went from an in depth argument to seeing that your respective schools are alot more similar than you think. just thought id point that out becuase i thought it was interesting.
actually he changed schools int he middle of the argument on me....i dont know anything about a&m corpus other than they r the islanders so i cant really argue anything he says about them...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-07-2005, 03:01 AM
i can see where you are coming form on that, but the aggies are in college station, not corpus. i think that may be where AGGIE john mey very well be aswell. but the name is very questionable. i know the islanders of corpus are the only other college that get to wear the famed aggie ring.

AggieJohn
06-07-2005, 10:29 AM
http://kanga.tamucc.edu/development/alumni/images/ring_ad.jpg
is the corpus ring

http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/images/ring98.gif
that's the aggie ring

District303aPastPlayer
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
A&M-Corpus Christi recently became a Division I athletic school when it took part of the A&M System. It has about 17-20 DI athletic teams that compete. I believe that they have a current bid going to join the Southland Conference. They have wins in athletics over UT in baseball, Florida State in Mens Basketall, UT in womens softball, and Fresno State in Womens Basketball. They are an up and coming athletic program and a great academic school. They have currently, about 25-40 Bachelor Degrees and maybe 5-10 Doctorates offered. Im not sure, but its a great school with a beach across the street.

Old Tiger
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/ncaa/screenshots/xbox/screenshots/05_ncaa_xbox_320x240.jpg

Finally got the part of no names on the back of the jersey's They forgot the white pants ;)

sicem74
06-07-2005, 12:16 PM

Finally got the part of no names on the back of the jersey's

woa that looks like a baylor guy about to run an aggie over oooooo sic em 35-34!

Adidas410s
06-08-2005, 01:20 AM
it is a science building.....yah....we spend money on academic buildings so we can mantain being one of the best academic schools in the nation....

Seriously...since when has Baylor been one of the "best academic schools in the nation?" If you check the US News Rankings, you will find that UT and A&M rank WELL above Baylor in Undergraduat as well as many graduate programs. Case in point, Baylor was again this year one of the bottom 10 schools in Tier 1 where as UT and A&M were both in the top 25.

Law School

Texas - 15...91% of '02 grads placed at employment
SMU - 47 (tie)...62% placement
Baylor - 50 (tie)...71% placement

Med School

Baylor - 13 in Research, 20 in Primary Care
UT Southwestern - 17 Research, 26 in Primary Care

When you get into a lot of the masters/doctoral programs in specialty care, the only places that Baylro shows up ranked is in Nursing and PA's. Texas is ranked in almost every catagory between Southwestern, UTDallas, UTAustin, and Houston Med School. The only one that A&M is ranked in is Veterinary.

Business (Executive MBA)

Texas - 23 (tie)...ranks in the top 10 in 4 specializaition catagories
A&M - 23 (tie)
Rice - 45 (tie)
Baylor - not in rankings

Education

Texas - 15...in the top 10 in 3 specializations
A&M - 42...in the top 10 in 1 specialization
Baylor - not in rankings

Engineering

Texas - 12...top 10 in 4 specializations
A&M - 14...top 10 in 1 specialization
Rice - 30 (tie)
Baylor - not in rankings

Pudlic Affairs

Texas - 10 (tie)...top 10 in 3 specializations
A&M - 35 (tie)
Baylor - not in rankings

Sciences (PH.D. Programs)

Biology

UT Southwestern - 14 (tie)
Baylor - 24 (tie)
Texas - 29 (tie)
Rice - 45 (tie)
A&M - 60 (tie)
UT Houston - 60 (tie)

Chemistry

Texas - 12 (tie)
A&M - 22 (tie)
Rice - 32 (tie)
Baylor - not in rankings

Computer Science

Texas - 7 (tie)
Rice - 17 (tie)
Baylor - not in rankings

Physics

Texas - 13 (tie)
Rice - 32 (tie)
Baylor - not in rankings

I can keep going but you get the point. Consistently, Texas comes out ahead of Baylor and in every field that both schools offer a program, A&M is ranked ahead of Baylor with the exception of Biology. These figures would lead me to believe that Baylor isn't quite as good as they would like to THINK that they are. I used to date a girl from Baylor and she always bragged about her "Tier 1 education" and I laughed because I could get the same (if not better) at UT or A&M for a lot lower cost...and get to watch winning football (for the most part) at those two schools! :D

And PLEASE don't try and say "You know those ratings are flawed. They don't account for schools with more than 3 TV's in each classroom." :p

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by sicem74
woa that looks like a baylor guy about to run an aggie over oooooo sic em 35-34!

finally you can say 35-34 and it be relevant

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 01:37 AM
good research adidas 410

sahen
06-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Adidas please looks at preprofessional rankings...Baylor is a school that is geared more toward students who are preprofessional, as in premed, predent, preopt, prephystherapy, prenursing, prelaw, etc....Baylor should be located in whatever magazine u are looking in for rankings to justify ur cause....I have always told my friends that are looking at colleges do not come to baylor if ur a buisness major or such because it isnt worht the price, u can get that education from a public school for much less....When you come to baylor you should come preprofessional in a field that u need connections and such to get into professional school....The small size of baylor makes it more of a community than larger schools and ur professors can actually help u out in a personalized manner....this helps esp. when applying to professional schools when in your letter of recommendation ur professor can tell his friend on X Board of X School that not only his "student" but his "Colleague" would be a great fit for X School.....

also i would like to point out to u at no time did i EVER say that Baylor was a better school than any public university no matter what state, i have always believed that most schools of higher education are equal in their education because most employers just look for the degree not a degree from a certain school...Also i think that different schools are better for different people, for me Baylor was the best, for someone else another school is the best....All i said was baylor was trying to maintain its academic prestige and if you want to argue that Baylor is not a good school academically i will tell you to ur face you are crazy, the school is not built really to be great with every type of major but it is great within certain majors, esp. science which is why they built the massive science building.....All in all, What i want to say is if you want to be a Teacher or open a Buisness you shouldnt pay 120,000 for 4 years of college because it will take a ridiculous amount of time to pay it back, but if you want to be a Doctor, Lawyer, Dentist, etc then Baylor is a great school for that, not saying you dont have other options or that baylor is the Best at it but it is great for it.....

and so that i dont offend anyone i dont think the peopel that go to baylor and get a buisness degree or education degree are in the wrong some people have that kinda money from their parents to throw around and others just really love baylor..there are many different factors that contribute to what college you should go to and job placement and the ability to pay back the loans you receive are only part of it, in my opinion a large part but some people believe it shouldnt be as big of a deal...no one is really wrong there but all different things shoudl be taken into account when choosing a college and all....community, money available, ur major, and other things all matter and u have to weigh to urself what is more important.....

phew, ok that is a long post that is prolly wayyyyyy full of typos but i aint no english major...ha...ok yah all in all Adidas i never said my Baylor degree will be any better than any other degree however connections and such i make at Baylor may help me along my path of becoming a doctor a little mroe than other schools.....thats all i wanted to really say...

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 01:51 AM
i have always believed that most schools of higher education are equal in their education because most employers just look for the degree not a degree from a certain school...

apparently you've never heard of the "aggie network"

sahen
06-08-2005, 01:56 AM
apparently you've never heard of the "aggie network"
for the most part the employer looks for a degree, even aggies hire bears and horns at times.....the degree is whats most important, the problem that happens w/ ur "aggie network" is when there is 2 applicants equally qualified for the job and ones an aggie and the other is a bear...then the aggie is hired, but it evens out eventually being that the same thing happens when the bear is the employer in that he hires the bear...i know the world isnt perfect and my generalized "they look for the degree" statement dosnt work for ALL situations but it does for most....i shouldve known i could have left it to u, John, to point out one of the exceptions....

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 02:00 AM
the aggie network is more than an exception, it's an powerful arm in texas

sahen
06-08-2005, 02:06 AM
ok forget it john.....and u r right, A&M is the pinnacle of education in Texas, no other university can match its prestige, pull, and power ::rolls eyes::

i now refuse to try to reason w/ u on this board...

all i wanted to make clear was that i never said that Baylor was a better school than any other one, just depends on your situation.....thast it, i now close my discussion in this topic unless if adidas responds with a thoughtful argument like they did at first, in which they were unfortunately mislead about my intentions in my original statements....

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 08:19 AM
ok forget it john.....and u r right, A&M is the pinnacle of education in Texas, no other university can match its prestige, pull, and power ::rolls eyes::

i now refuse to try to reason w/ u on this board...

all i wanted to make clear was that i never said that Baylor was a better school than any other one, just depends on your situation.....thast it, i now close my discussion in this topic unless if adidas responds with a thoughtful argument like they did at first, in which they were unfortunately mislead about my intentions in my original statements....

very lawyer like, and you should note the sarcasm that i use shane, honestly if anyone would pick up on it i would think it would be you Vanilla ICE

sicem74
06-08-2005, 08:51 AM
nice sig aggie john make it 2 in 21 this year hahaha

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 08:52 AM
right

sicem74
06-08-2005, 12:51 PM
sic em

AggieJohn
06-08-2005, 04:58 PM
gig'em

AggieJohn
06-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Just too many folks brought up on the Wally and Co. party line around here these days. "We are A&M and that makes us better than Baylor" doesn't cut it anymore. Baylor has spent lots of money and it has paid dividends.

Let's look at 2005 thus far:

Football - Baylor (yes, a 35-34 win is a "whomping". No way in the world to explain losing to Baylor. Yes, the odds were they had to beat us sooner or later, but it should not have been during a season where we ended up playing in the Cotton Bowl)

Men's Basketball - A&M. Baylor is getting better, but we finally got a coach in place that has elevated A&M basketball to a decent level.
Women's Basketball - Baylor. They won the NC, what else do you say?

Baseball - Baylor. We got swept and they are in the Supers.
Softball - Draw (IMO). We won the season series 2-0, but they knocked us out of the Big 12 Tourney. Both teams made it so Super Regionals and lost (the Bears at least won one game).

Soccer - A&M. We simply have a better program. If we use this to claim some dominance, we have to give credit to all the other meaningless sports.

Volleyball - A&M. We have a much better program than Baylor.

Men's Tennis - Baylor. Not a blip either. They won the NC last year and played in the finals this year.
Women's Tennis - Baylor. 2-0 against the Aggies, Big 12 Champs, Sweet 16.

Men's Golf - A&M. We beat them by 17 strokes in the Regional and advanced to the NCAA and finished 26th.
Women's Golf - A&M. We beat them by 20 strokes in the Regional and advacned to the NCAA and finished 22nd.

Men's Swimming and Diving - A&M. We finished 15th at the NCAA's.
Women's Swimming and Diving - A&M. We finished 14th at the NCAA's.

Men's Track & Field - Draw. Still going, but we got 5th at the Regional with 40 pts. and they got 6th with 34 points.
Women's Track & Field - Baylor. They got 5th at the Regional and we got 11th.

Men's Cross Country - Draw. I can't find any info, so I guess we both suck.
Women's Cross Country - Baylor. 29th at NCAA's, A&M not in the field.

Archery and Equestrian are not real sports, so they don't count.

So, by my count I give A&M the edge in 7 sports in 2004-2005, Baylor the edge in 7 sports (all but one of the big 3 (big 4 if you think women's basketball is worthwhile), and call a draw in 3 sports.

It might be a blip on the sports landscape, but Baylor has invested a lot of money in facilities and coaches and they are now reaping some of those rewards. For too long, Wally and the Good Ol' Boy network sat back and thought we would just win because we were A&M. Well, that got him fired (finally) and now we are headed in the right direction. It will take a few years for the spending on facilities, coaching, etc. to pay off, but A&M will regain the upper hand soon.

However, getting the upper hand on Baylor is meaningless. We need to start competing with the tu's, Standford's, etc. on the national athletic scene. We have too many resources, too many proud Former Students, and too many folks to choose from to field mediocre athletic teams.

sahen
06-09-2005, 12:55 AM
um...we dont compete in men's swimming and diving or women's swimming and diving so those can't be counted as wins...that gives u just 5 sports...our men got 7th at the big 12 cross country meet and a&m got 11th....

sahen
06-09-2005, 12:57 AM
also u should count our 3 gold medals from the olympics for men's track and field toward something.....

sahen
06-09-2005, 01:04 AM
also...just to point this out Baylor's sports had the following teams finish atleast in the sweet 16 of their respective sports this year:
Women's Basketball
Men's Tennis
Women's Tennis
Baseball
Softball
Women's Cross Country

This is with Men's and Women's Track and Field still going and both teams are ranked 17 and 21 respectively so both can have finishes in the top 16....A&M shouldnt feel bad, Baylor is beating most schools in these sports...Just because football sucks doesnt mean we dont have a good athletic program...

JHS_c/o_06'
06-09-2005, 01:23 AM
What this old thing....
http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/facilities/images2004/full/brightcomplex.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA......the BRIGHT football complex......i guess thats where they " teach aggies to football "

( a joke for those of you who saw the longest yard)

AggieJohn
06-09-2005, 08:54 AM
um...we dont compete in men's swimming and diving or women's swimming and diving so those can't be counted as wins...that gives u just 5 sports...our men got 7th at the big 12 cross country meet and a&m got 11th.... er, well maybe your quaint little athletic department needs to stretch its arm then

AggieJohn
06-09-2005, 08:54 AM
also u should count our 3 gold medals from the olympics for men's track and field toward something..... or not

AggieJohn
06-09-2005, 09:06 AM
er, well maybe your quaint little athletic department needs to stretch its arm then
i didn't even count archery and equestrian, in which A&M won national championships in both

sahen
06-09-2005, 10:22 PM
i didn't even count archery and equestrian, in which A&M won national championships in both
we dont compete in archery, men's swimming and diving, and women's swimming and diving, and we will start competing in equestrian this year...if uwnat to count them to make urself feel better thats fine, but it seems kinda cheap to compare the 2 athletic depts. and use sports we dont even compete in to claim superiority...we r a small school we rnt gonna have teams in the smallest sports, the only reason we have equstrian is because the club team sued under title iX to have them raised to NCAA level....y dont u just stick to the sports we both play...that makes more sense...and im sry gold medals doesnt mean anything to u, i thought it better to represent your country than ur school...i guess in aggieville its different...yall prolly get the 2 confused though...

AggieJohn
06-10-2005, 12:31 AM
...we r a small school we rnt gonna have teams in the smallest sports, the only reason we have equstrian is because the club team sued under title iX to have them raised to NCAA level.

convient, now you use excuses:rolleyes: