PDA

View Full Version : A little feedback please....

Ranger Mom
06-06-2005, 06:35 PM
....the moderators have had some "chatter" that we (some of us anyway) are too strict on this board.

If you think the board's rules are too stringent, please send me a PM saying so, and why you think like you do.

Also, if you think the rules make for a better experience on the board and you think they should be left alone, please let me know that too.

I am just trying to get a feel about how the majority of posters feel about this.

If you would rather, you can email me at KSimm@aol.com.

Just put FEEDBACK in the subject thread so I don't dump you in the trash!

Thanks!!

Diocletian
06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/5280/miror.mp3

PhiI C
06-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Keep up the good work moderators and keep it strict. We don't need to become like a lot of web sites.

Gobbla2001
06-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Check 'em, RM...

And I love that signature, Diocletian

AggieJohn
06-06-2005, 10:29 PM
i'll say it right here, i don't think that rules are too stringent, i think they are just right for a family board, if you don't like the fact that this is a family board, go to a public where you can say what you want board...

if you don't like the position that they take on politics, trust me, i've seen a lot of time wasted on threads about politics that make it sad to be at.....

if you want to come here to bash people, your coming here for the wrong thing, you should come here for high school football, primarily, then you can come for the other stuff

if you don't like some poster on this board, send them a PM, don't make it aired out...let them know in private, don't be an idiot about it and post it publicly

that being said, yes i am guilty of not doing some of this

GreenMonster
06-06-2005, 11:10 PM
I personally love this board the way things are.

Old Green
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
The rules are not hard to live with. I LIKE THIS BOARD JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Old Cardinal
06-06-2005, 11:35 PM
You folks do a great job! It kind of tickles me how some folks think everything is life-and-death serious on here. The most fun is pushing peoples buttons in a friendly way. I have really enjoyed making friends and visiting with regular 3A-DL folks on here at various sporting events across the state.
I renewed an acquaintance via the 3A-DL message board with the Catcher from the 4A 1992 Silver Metal finalist baseball team for Bridge City. We had a great time remembering some great shared times.
Keep up the good work Moderators and thanks for letting us have a little chat leeway in the off-seasons!

j_dog
06-06-2005, 11:43 PM
I too will say it right here for everyone to see. You Mods are doing a terrific job. Please keep it up! :clap: :clap: :clap:

On some of the other boards the name calling and trash talking goes on and on and on and on........ It totally takes away the fun of participating.

Keep it just the way you have it. If someone starts causing too much difficulty, ROM'em! :clap:

You guys don't get paid enough to put up with backtalk! :D

vet93
06-07-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't need to pm either....I think that the mods are doing a great job. It may seem strict at times but it is just that type of moderation that will assure the LONG-TERM health of this board. For those who see only the short term, selfish picture and decry that their civil liberties are being disrupted, then move on down the road. I personally enjoy coming to this board and feel good recommending it to others because a "family" environment is being maintained. To the moderators: Thank you for moderating and maintaining an atmosphere that allows people to communicate and have fun without having to worry about alot of other "stuff".

rhs78
06-07-2005, 09:29 AM
The Mod's do an outstanding job on this board. Keep the rules like they are, this site is the best!!!!!!

CheerMom
06-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I agree with everyone. The mods do a great job, and I think the rules are perfect for this board. I wouldn't change a thing!!

pirate4state
06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!! :mad:

:clap: Our mods do a great job! I wouldn't change a thing. :)

HighSchool Fan
06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
there is no way to make everyone happy. i've seen people that i think should be rom'd and haven't been. but overall, i think everything is working pretty good.

AP Panther Fan
06-07-2005, 09:58 AM
I appreciate someone willing to enforce the rules fairly and impartially ... not always easy.

I personally would not enjoy posting or reading messages on a board where members were allowed to behave immaturely or irresponsibly... JMHO.;)

Cameronbystander
06-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Now you know a little of what it is like to be a football referee. You have to know the rules and enfore them to your best ability but ultimately you can't make everybody happy. The biggest difference is that you participate as a poster in addition to your refereeing job. This makes it harder. In sports, if the officials are not seen or heard from or talked about, then they are usually doing a good job. As a poster and a mod it is difficult to maintain this relationship.

The other problem is that you also make some of the rules. This adds to the complexity. My suggestion is to do what you think is right and the strength of the board and it's posters will show what kind of job you are doing (and it looks pretty good now).

VWG
06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Strict rules??? On this message board? You've got to be kidding me.
The 3A DL is fine just the way it is. No need to mess with it.

Raider4ever
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
You guys don't get paid enough to put up with backtalk! :D

They GET PAID??? OMG lol Just kidding! Keep up the great work mods!