PDA

View Full Version : Gunn gone, does La Grange have a chance?

Malunchico2
11-25-2002, 08:03 PM
I have watch Marlin many games and see many talented players. They have won games even when each player is not playing up to their full potential. I think Marlin will come out strong Saturday night and have a great night. Go Dogs.

Brahma73
11-25-2002, 09:04 PM
Don't be so fast in characterizing LG as a team missing a great QB from years past. Much different than the T. Gunn days, I believe this team is more dangerous in some ways. Their defense is certainly respectable as they've shut down quite a few good offenses, especially running teams. While Anderle may not be Master Tye, he is certainly learning fast. He impressed me a great deal in last year's playoffs and he's better this year. He has surprising speed and will hold his own. The real intangible is Tony Valastro. This gut is the master of preparation & adjustment. When LG was in our district, I watched him more than once take a mediocre team into the locker room at half-time and bring out a totally different look afterwards, usually resulting in a win. NEVER count out La Grange.

Puppetmaster101
11-25-2002, 09:29 PM
How do yall stand a chance without Josh Johnson he was the best D player yall had!!!!! :D :D

Malunchico2
11-25-2002, 11:49 PM
It's Jock Johnson, and yes he was great. But our defense is more balanced now. There are very few if any weak spots in our defense if any. Look at #5 and see another Jock Johnson. He might even be better then Jock. It will be a close game but I still see Marlin on top.

2AKH
11-26-2002, 10:53 AM
I have been on the sidelines against LaGrange and know that you cant count these guys out.. Maybe one of the best coached teams i have ever coached against.. They have talent and they have DISIPLINE and that wins many games against more talented teams... Now on the flip side Marlin has athletes and i believe are well coached also.. this should be a great game.. I plan on bein at the game.. this is what it is all about... i envy the coaches on both sidelines.. Good luck to both teams... lookin foward to the game...