PDA

View Full Version : Can someone share info about the pitching at Cooper, Carthage, & Yoakum?

Old Cardinal
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM
I would like to hear some general info on the pitching personnel on these strong playoff teams, please?

GreenMonster
06-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Rumor I heard about Cooper was that they had 2 that were pretty good and then there was a long fall off to the number 3 guy. Cooper plays very solid defense and the pitching uses this fact to it's advantage. Not big strikeout guys, lots and lots of ground ball outs against Iowa Park. Very good offensively. Top 5 or 6 hitters in this lineup can really hurt you and the bottom third does a nice job of spraying the ball around just to stay alive.

Old Cardinal
06-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Thank you GreenMonster: I guess that if you have just two games at the Tournament you don't need a three-man rotation. Who did Cooper lose their season games too, 3A or 4A?

Any Region IV info on Yoakum pitching? loses? biggest ranked teams that they have beat?

GreenMonster
06-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Try 4a and 5a on their losses. Also, all of their losses were early in the season around tourney time. They are HOT and riding that wave. IP jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first and it was the first time that they had been behind since well before District started. Good ballclub and they should represent Region I very well.

gobbler grad
06-05-2005, 08:37 PM
They got 2 good pitchers, believe their #1 pitcher is like 13-0 with a great ERA..., their 2nd pitcher only has 1 loss, maybe 2, not sure...think they have over 230 KO's between them so far, but their offense is so explosive...should be a great tourn.