PDA

View Full Version : Columbia Lady Necks Softball

18handicap
06-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I want to congratulate all of the members of the 2005 Columbia Lady Necks varsity softball team for their awesome run at the state tournament this year. The players and coaches showed a lot of class at the state tournament and throughout the playoffs and made their community (where I live) and the entire District 25-AAA schools proud. I also want to commend the fans who finally showed up in Austin for Saturday's final -- I was worried after Friday. Columbia went through a lot this year with a real young team, a couple of starters quitting, and then the pitcher, Cami Newsome, throwing both games in the heat in Austin after dealing with walking pneumonia all week. She also had several hits on Friday and Saturday to keep her team in the hunt for a title.

Again, congrats on a great season!!
Coach Hicks,
Head SB Coach, Sweeny HS

PS. To whomever left a "state champs" banner in the back of my truck in LF before the game. I still have it and can give to you for next year. (But you still have to get through our tough district!! LOL!!)

softball_mom
06-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks 18!!!! Save the Banner for next year... we will be back!!! Neck_06 told Cami what you said....but he said no way! She just laughed! Thanks Lady Necks for an awesome year....we are so proud of each and every TEAM member and our great coaching staff!

bmbf_06
06-05-2005, 10:54 PM
yeah, congrats to the Lady Necks.......
trust me, i know its tough to go that far and lose, but you'll be even stronger next year.....
See yah on the field

Old Cardinal
06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I too would like to congratulate WC. That team from LaGrange is exceptional. Losing 7-1 in certainly no disgrace: you faced a superior hitting team. Since you have a Freshman Pitcher and a group of fine young athletes there is a good chance you will represent Region IV again.
I go to a lot of select team games around the state and if some one will give me the names and teams of your players I would like to watch them play on their year-round team. Good Luck next season.