PDA

View Full Version : Next years 22-3a

wildkat0507
06-04-2005, 04:20 PM
what will be the outcome of this season??? Jasper, Kirbyville, silsbee,coldsprings, sheppard, buna..........

j_dog
06-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I think the top three teams will come from Jasper, Kirbyville, Silsbee, and Sheppard. How is that for sticking my neck out? ;)

Hupernikomen
06-05-2005, 01:37 AM
shepherd and coldspring is always a battle. hard to imagine shepherd as a favorite over coldspring but that seems to the state of things right now.

AggieJohn
06-05-2005, 02:43 AM
they might throw huffman to yall

wildkat0507
06-05-2005, 09:38 AM
you mean after this next year??!how would they compare to jasper, silsbee and , kville

15portsfan
06-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I dont know about the others in this district but Shepherd is going to have to fill a bunch of holes in a good ball club that narrowly missed the playoffs.Shepherd loses the core of an exceptional defenses that is responsible for at least 4 of the wins for Shepherd this past year (Woodville,Cleveland,Buna and Coldspring),all these games were won by defensive stands that determined the outcome of the game.Shepherd loses both DE,2 DT,Middle LB,both CB in a 4-3 def that allowed 13 points a game and was very stingy against the run.Shepherd also loses a core of offensive starters,3 WR,C,OT,and an Hon.Men.All-State RB.These are loses to an offense that was argueably the main reason the Pirates didnt make the playoffs this year.Shepherd had 2 offensive outburst against Kountz and Splendora but were otherwise incapable of scoring with half the seasons offensive scoring coming in these 2 games. I wish the Pirates well next year and hope this years success rolls over to next year but it is hard to imagine the defense being better than last years and the offense showed no signs of improvement through this year,good luck to all.

AggiesAreWe
06-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Silsbee, Jasper, Kirbyville in that order will make the playoffs. Back to back district titles are in order for Silsbee who return 5 offensive and 6 defensive starters. Of those 11 starters, 9 made all district. 25 letterman return also, 10 of which are sophmores(6 starters). The Tiger JV team was district champs also, undefeated, that with there best players playing on the varsity this past season. Tigers to do well for a few years to come.

JHS_c/o_06'
06-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I, as a player, look for Jasper Silsbee game to be the game of the district...much like it was this year. I expect this year to be just as much of a 'barn burner' as it was last year. From my observations last year, the only thing that we couldnt really stop was #4 (the running back..i forget if he was #4 or not) but he is gone, so that might make things a wee bit easier for our defense. I look for it to be a good and fun game to play.

As for Kirbyville, short of yall getting your hands on our plays again, i look for it to be the same outcome as it was the year before last. Sorry. And for those you you wildcats who are so quick to forget that game but shout the 42-20 win from a mountain. I believe the score 2 seasons ago was Jasper 55 Kville 7. But the past is the past, and it makes no difference on this season.

I'm not sure how shepard will do. Lol...but i do have a funny story. When we were coming out of the dawg house for the second half. Shepard was right behind up going to their run-through sign. And for those of you who were there, you know it was rainy and wet. Well....there were puddle in between where the shepard team was and their sign was....so they had to run through the water.....and i looked over and saw #10 tip-toe through the water and say "I gotta stay pretty, baby" I thought it was pretty funny.

Etexpirate
06-05-2005, 06:33 PM
If we were talking Softball.. I would have to put my money on Shepherd...:D

Old Cardinal
06-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Etexpirate: What was quite funny! I evidently have a wrong e-mail on you folks. Please forward it in a message form. I was at the big tournament at Beaumont the other day and as I was leaving I saw that the MC Gold had played at the field. Would have loved to have got to see you folks again.

As for football the long thread here is a little much the real ballgame in that District will be Kirbyville vs Silsbee. After the first 4 preseason games played by BC we will know a lot about that District--BC plays all three. I was a little surprised how the Wildcats ran all over the Bulldogs 42-20 last year. BC expects a great game out of Silsbee and Kirbyville this season they return so many good players. BC walked over Kirbyville last year and the Wildcats will have revenge on their minds this coming season--they will be tough to take with such a good returning squad.

j_dog
06-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
you mean after this next year??!how would they compare to jasper, silsbee and , kville
Huffman did beat WOS in bi-district last year so they are certainly more than just chopped liver. Hope that does not offend any liver lovers! ;)

But, there are several 3a teams closer by than Huffman to the district so I would be very surprised to see Huffman added to District 22-3a.

JHS_c/o_06'
06-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

As for football the long thread here is a little much the real ballgame in that District will be Kirbyville vs Silsbee. After the first 4 preseason games played by BC we will know a lot about that District--BC plays all three. I was a little surprised how the Wildcats ran all over the Bulldogs 42-20 last year. BC expects a great game out of Silsbee and Kirbyville this season they return so many good players. BC walked over Kirbyville last year and the Wildcats will have revenge on their minds this coming season--they will be tough to take with such a good returning squad.

Old Card....i have a question for you.....and ive been trying to ask you for a year but you've kind of beat around the bush and avoided it. You say that K'ville and Silsbee will be the big game. You back this up with the fact that Jasper lost 42-20 to K'ville. OK...fair enough. But how do you justify that. When BC stomped K'ville, Jasper Stopmed BC, and Kirbyville whipped us. Silsbee pretty much made a mockery of K'ville, but Jasper played them with a one point overtime game. Your always very quick to bring up our 42-20 loss, but seem to over look all the other evidence ive presented you with time after time. Please explain.

j_dog
06-05-2005, 09:41 PM
06, you can't confuse OC with the facts. he is just trying to push our buttons. :) as for his responding to your question, i doubt that he will. he knows the real facts on those games.

personally, i have decided it is best to just let him live in his dream world. :D

Old Cardinal
06-05-2005, 10:09 PM
:D I was just pushing your button as usual. You had run out of material to write on and needed someone you could go into attack mode:D I do however think that the Silsbee vs Kirbyville game is big because they should field some seasoned kids this next season.

By the way JHS 06', I want to compliment you on your ability to express yourself very well for a 17 year old. I would just bet that you are a serious student at Jasper High School.

Etexpirate
06-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey OC...we weren't at Beaumont...we were at the Round Robin in Spring Klein.. You must have seen the 16 U team that has our old uniforms.. I looked for you guys there...but think the Blast red team was there as I didn't see any of you guys..
My email is sheridan@eastex.net...
Send me a note.. You can push my buttons all you want!:D

RBARKER
06-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Huffman did beat WOS in bi-district last year so they are certainly more than just chopped liver. Hope that does not offend any liver lovers! ;)

But, there are several 3a teams closer by than Huffman to the district so I would be very surprised to see Huffman added to District 22-3a.

J dog, also Huffman along with BH could be 4A by next alignment. Both schools are in growing mode and should have over 1000 students this year.

j_dog
06-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
J dog, also Huffman along with BH could be 4A by next alignment. Both schools are in growing mode and should have over 1000 students this year.
Hey, don't let BH go up to 4a before Jasper gets to play them in football !! Jody needs his chance to prove that BH can whup Jasper! :D

AggiesAreWe
06-06-2005, 10:16 AM
I'll have to disagree with OC about the game of the district in 22-3A. As long as Silsbee and Jasper are in the same district, that will always be the game of the year. Kirbyville caught Jasper with there pants down, we exposed Kirbyville for what they are, a third best team. Kirbyville will not consistantly produce a team to challenge Silsbee or Jasper on a every year basis. They could come up with a team every now and then, but not every year. If that was one of Kirbyville's better teams last year, the Tigers have no need to worry, with that 44-13 drubbing they gave them. Like I said, in 22-3A, it will always be Silsbee-Jasper in just about every sport.

15portsfan
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Its amazing how quick someone forgets an 0-10 season when they become the big dog.I remember Silsbee getting put in their place in the first playoff game by a good football team who had the same numbers as you to pick from.I wouldnt brag about beating schools half your size when its obvious from your past records that you cant compete with schools your size.I say get what you can while your here cause in a year when you go back to 4a where you belong you will again be used as someones practice game.As for Jasper,at least they have class and represented the district well but they to are headed to the 4a club but will continue to do well as long as Moya stays healthy,after that ,Im not sure how well they will do at the 4a level.

Old Cardinal
06-06-2005, 11:21 AM
To Aggies are we: I agree with you that year-in-and-year-out Kirbyville with thier ultra-small enrollment can't always compete with Silsbee and Jasper. They should do find again this year however. I disagree with the last Jasper poster--I think Silsbee had a great year in 3A and will be a force again if the numbers fall where they can stay in 3A in next alignment.
In fact, to ridicule Silsbee for not being able to shine is 4A is ridiculous: that 4A District is stout even for the high enrollment 4A schools trying to compete.
I think that Bridge City's and Silsbee's QBs are just as good as WO-S and Jasper's this coming year. I know Johnny Dishon looked a lot better against WO-S in the tie ballgame last season. He is not getting to play 7 on 7 because he is now knocking HRs deep in the baseball playoffs.
I think that all the hype by a few at one school may be unjustified -- all of these schools are doing a good job. In fact the lower enrollment schools are holding their own against schools that should not be playing Division II except for unusual circumstances that they find themselves in.

j_dog
06-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 15portsfan
......As for Jasper,at least they have class and represented the district well but they to are headed to the 4a club but will continue to do well as long as Moye stays healthy,after that ,Im not sure how well they will do at the 4a level.
Jasper did very well in the last 20 to 25 years they were in 4a, despite being a "low enrollment" school. In fact, they were in the 4a playoffs almost every year. That is not to even consider that they picked up four state track championships in 4a, and in the process set a 400m relay national record that held for six years.

Certainly, they have enjoyed greater football success being in 3a, but they did advance to Quarterfinals a few times in 4a, including their last year in 4a. I am in no way convinced that Jasper will be going back to 4a anytime soon since it seems their enrollment continues to gradually drop. But, it it happens, I am confident that Jasper will be very competitive just as they were before. :)

j_dog
06-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
.... As long as Silsbee and Jasper are in the same district, that will always be the game of the year. .....
So very true AggiesAreWe!! :) The Jasper/Silsbee series has to be one of the longest continuous rivalries in Texas. Many years ago I saw where they already had played some 50 to 60 straight years. Now it must at least be up in the seventies. It would be interesting to know the exact number of years if anyone has access to those records.

15portsfan
06-06-2005, 12:55 PM
It wasnt my intent to ridicule Silsbee or their program just to defend the smaller schools which with a adjustment by the numbers they could very well become a smaller school in the 4a ranks.It is very difficult to get beaten every friday night by schools that are twice your size then listen to how they wooped you in the papers and on these threads.Anyone who deals with this knows that the bigger the school the better the chance of fielding a larger number of above average athletes to compete with.This is and will be a debate for years to come until someone with a little sense realizes that all you have to do is make a 6a or a 7a if need be.Their defense is that they are trying to control the distance of travel but as you can see from this district it was of no concern that these teams travel far or they could have given you all Liberty and Barbers Hill instead of Shepherd and Coldspring,would have been far less traveling on all concerned and possibly answered some questions about how a Jasper/Barbers Hill matchup might go.I would love nothing more than to see an alignment that allowed schools to compete at every aspect with schools of their own size so that every student could know the feeling of winning,then you would have up and down years not 1 up 15 down.

AggiesAreWe
06-06-2005, 03:51 PM
As for Silsbee and Jasper moving up to 4A, I can't see it with their respective enrollments still declining. The ceiling for 3A is 899, Silsbee's enrollment is 858, Jaspers 848. With the new rules for 5A, the ceiling should drop to include some high 4A's, but the 4A class has enough schools to allow a move up where as 3A does not. This last reshuffle put the 3A class at an alltime low of schools. I think the ceiling may drop some, possibly to 875, but that would be it. Silsbee and Jasper probably will never see those numbers again. Now if it went to 850, that's another story.

j_dog
06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 15portsfan
......It is very difficult to get beaten every friday night by schools that are twice your size then listen to how they wooped you in the papers and on these threads.Anyone who deals with this knows that the bigger the school the better the chance of fielding a larger number of above average athletes to compete with.......
I feel your pain. It took Jasper some 15 plus years to learn to compete consistently at the 4a level. Even then, it was not their numbers that changed. They just learned to compete. In fact, even though they were a "small" 4a school, beginning in 1986 they started scheduling almost exclusively 5a schools. Many of these were playoff type 5a schools like Lufkin, Houston Kingwood, Houston Forest Brook, Huntsville, and some of the Beaumont schools. Often times it was not about playing someone twice as big. Schools like Lufkin probably had several times more students. No matter. You can check the records for those years. Jasper won most of those games they played against the 5a schools. It was all part of upgrading their program so they could compete in 4a.

Now that they are in 3a, they play mostly 4a schools in pre-district, or very good teams (like Newton or WOS). I would imagine that if there were several more classifications we would still see the same schools winning and the same schools losing. If it were only about numbers, then somebody please explain how Newton was such a big winner in 3a all those years with a minimum 3a enrollment.

As for Silsbee, yes they were down the past 2 or 3 years. But historically, they were VERY competitive in 4a.

WOS1
06-06-2005, 05:06 PM
WO-S competed and excelled for several years with a small 4A school. In 2000 we were the 15th smallest school in the state and went to the DII state championship. It can be done.

wos fan1
06-06-2005, 05:17 PM
To Aggies are we: I agree with you that year-in-and-year-out Kirbyville with thier ultra-small enrollment can't always compete with Silsbee and Jasper. They should do find again this year however. I disagree with the last Jasper poster--I think Silsbee had a great year in 3A and will be a force again if the numbers fall where they can stay in 3A in next alignment.
In fact, to ridicule Silsbee for not being able to shine is 4A is ridiculous: that 4A District is stout even for the high enrollment 4A schools trying to compete.
I think that Bridge City's and Silsbee's QBs are just as good as WO-S and Jasper's this coming year. I know Johnny Dishon looked a lot better against WO-S in the tie ballgame last season. He is not getting to play 7 on 7 because he is now knocking HRs deep in the baseball playoffs.
I think that all the hype by a few at one school may be unjustified -- all of these schools are doing a good job. In fact the lower enrollment schools are holding their own against schools that should not be playing Division II except for unusual circumstances that they find themselves in. Good Post but the BC and Silsbee QB's will be nowwhere close to Beasley at QB...:thinking:

j_dog
06-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Good Post but the BC and Silsbee QB's will be nowwhere close to Beasley at QB...:thinking:
And I will be very impressed if either the BC and Silsbee QB's is nearly as good as Moye also. :)

I suspect most folks comparing their guys to Moye did not see him play his last three playoff games last fall. :) In a few months we will start seeing if he still has the magic touch.

wos fan1
06-06-2005, 05:59 PM
And I will be very impressed if either the BC and Silsbee QB's is nearly as good as Moye also. :)

I suspect most folks comparing their guys to Moye did not see him play his last three playoff games last fall. :) In a few months we will start seeing if he still has the magic touch. The BC and Silsbee QB's will not even be close to Moye and Beasley on numbers. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that posted about the BC QB, He's good but not even close to the League of Moye and Beasley..:doh:

j_dog
06-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
The BC and Silsbee QB's will not even be close to Moye and Beasley on numbers. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that posted about the BC QB, He's good but not even close to the League of Moye and Beasley..:doh:
when you have someone who consistently continues to make such bold claims, well, just consider the source! :D

wos fan1
06-06-2005, 06:06 PM
when you have someone who consistently continues to make such bold claims, well, just consider the source! :D No Kidding! :thinking:

AggiesAreWe
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
I do not know why OC thinks Silsbee's qb will be as good as Moye and Beasley. The fact is, our qb from last season was a senior, that's one of the positions we have to fill. Porter was a good qb, ran the veer very well, passed the ball better than Moye, I thought. But he is gone, so no need to compare. Moye is a great player, not going to be, but already there as long as he improves his passing. He had a great first half against us, but after seeing he wasn't too much of a threat passing, Silsbee kind of bottled him up in the second half. Beasley on the other hand, is a fine high school qb, but he will not play that position in college. Moye, if he improves his passing, will be a college qb.

Old Cardinal
06-06-2005, 11:16 PM
I saw BCs QB as a Sophomore out play WO-S QB when those two teams met last year. Beasley from WO-S is a great running back that will be pressed into a QB role this year but he will not ever be a college QB.

j_dog
06-06-2005, 11:31 PM
...... Beasley from WO-S is a great running back that will be pressed into a QB role this year but he will not ever be a college QB.
It is most likely true that Beasley will never be a college QB, especially a Div I QB. That is not because he does not have the ability. It is because of the college prejudice against any QB who is not well north of six feet tall. But that does not mean that he cannot be a terrific high school QB.

Consider Gilmer's Manuel Johnson. He did a very good job last year and lead Gilmer to the state championship, but likewise, he will be a WR at Oklahoma. Like Beasley, I think it was his first year at QB.

AggiesAreWe
06-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Silsbee's qb situation is not as good as Jasper's or WOS's, but not many are. We have 2 juniors to be that will battle for the position, one that has speed and can run the veer real well, the other has a great arm, but not as fast. Not slow by any means, just not as fast. All depends on what the coaches want to do with the offense, we'll see. The player we will miss the most is Desmond Doss. He was district MVP in football and basketball, started on both sides of the line in football, wr and safety. In my opinion, he was hands down the best athlete in the district. He will be very hard to replace, on the field and court.

j_dog
06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Silsbee's qb situation is not as good as Jasper's or WOS's, but not many are.....
Perhaps that is true, but for sure, Silsbee will be competitive at QB.

Jody
09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
It is most likely true that Beasley will never be a college QB, especially a Div I QB. That is not because he does not have the ability. It is because of the college prejudice against any QB who is not well north of six feet tall. But that does not mean that he cannot be a terrific high school QB.

Consider Gilmer's Manuel Johnson. He did a very good job last year and lead Gilmer to the state championship, but likewise, he will be a WR at Oklahoma. Like Beasley, I think it was his first year at QB.

Now that is amazing if true. That Gilmer QB was the best I ahve ever seen....bar none.

j_dog
09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Now that is amazing if true. That Gilmer QB was the best I ahve ever seen....bar none.
I thought that J fellow down at bh was much better. :D

j_dog
09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
I thought that J fellow down at bh was much better. :D
but i guess you never actually SAW him play. ;)

JHS_c/o_06'
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM

By the way JHS 06', I want to compliment you on your ability to express yourself very well for a 17 year old. I would just bet that you are a serious student at Jasper High School.

Thanks OC, i could just come on here and trash talk, which is what i feel like doing sometimes. But i know how to control myself. Plus, the coaches watch this board, and they know who i am on here. So...lol...you understand. But thanks.