PDA

View Full Version : Possible Roger Clemens Trade?

superslyguy06
06-04-2005, 01:29 AM
I read on my break at work tonight in the DMN that Rocket has a potential trade in the future. It's actually 2 articles by the leading sports columnists w/ one saying why and one saying why not. I tend to side with the one that said why not simply because a Rangers trade for him would screw up, IMO, a DANG good farm system that has just now gotten to the point where it's one of the best around. Plus, how many more years does Clemens have left? Also, the writer who said that the Rangers should go after him listed all of the POTENTIAL great things the Clemens could bring. Personally, I don't feel he's worth the price tag or the talent. I say, let Steignbrener flaunt a little more of his money and keep our farm system. I was just wondering what everybody else's thoughts are, Ranger and Astro fans alike.

sahen
06-04-2005, 05:50 PM
im sick of hearing about trades w/ clemens...he came back to play in houston and the GM for the Astros said he isnt gonna trade him unless if Clemens asks to be traded....The Astros' GM knows that with the crap that the Astros r laying right now when they play baseball he will loose tons of money in fan attendence if he trades the rocket...Also do u really think the Astros will trade Clemens to the Rangers after they did the same thing with Nolan Ryan???? its not gonna happen...Clemens said if he gets traded it will ONLY be to the Yankees earlier in the season, and he said that would be later in the season if the Astros wanted to deal him...The media just want to have something to talk about so they keep beating this issue to death....

AggieJohn
06-04-2005, 09:03 PM
i hear that their is clause in his contract that allows him to be traded if the stros look like they are out of contention....

sahen
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i hear that their is clause in his contract that allows him to be traded if the stros look like they are out of contention....
he has a no trade clause....and he said that he would only be traded if the astros were out of contention....so he has to approve and it has to be to the right team and for him he said the yankees, but why would he go there right now...they rnt doing much better than us...

AggieJohn
06-04-2005, 11:43 PM
i heard the rangers possibly

HighSchool Fan
06-05-2005, 06:37 AM
houston didn't trade nolan ryan, they said he wasn't worth 1 million dollars so he left via free agency.

sahen
06-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
houston didn't trade nolan ryan, they said he wasn't worth 1 million dollars so he left via free agency.
ok sry....it'd be the same concept getting rid of a hometown superstar to the rangers....

HighSchool Fan
06-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sahen
ok sry....it'd be the same concept getting rid of a hometown superstar to the rangers....

it's not the same concept, if they trade, or get rid of in your words, clements, they will get some pretty good players in return. they didn't get rid of ryan. he left on his own free will. people just need to quit getting so emotional over professional athletes. if a trade to texas, new york or anywhere else helps the astros, then they need to do it. i for one hope texas doesn't trade for him.

sahen
06-05-2005, 04:48 PM
it's not the same concept, if they trade, or get rid of in your words, clements, they will get some pretty good players in return. they didn't get rid of ryan. he left on his own free will. people just need to quit getting so emotional over professional athletes. if a trade to texas, new york or anywhere else helps the astros, then they need to do it. i for one hope texas doesn't trade for him.

if they wouldve paid ryan the 1 million then he wouldve stayed so yes they did get rid of him....they let him go because they didnt want to pay him the money....they rnt gonna trade clemens unless if clemens not clements says he wants to go....did u see the astros game today? sold out again when clemens pitched...McClane is not stupid, he isnt gonna trade his fan producing super star when they cant win a game....he would kill the fan base...Clemens has to come out and say he wants to be traded then it would be done because McClane would have a reason to trade him then....

HighSchool Fan
06-05-2005, 05:07 PM
so he holds on to clements and clements starts another 12-15 games this year, and the team stays in the cellar. then clements retires at the end of the year. how does that help the astros in the long run?? they either keep him, make a few million at the gate this year and don't get any help for the future, or they trade him, take the financial loss this year and get 3 to 4 good prospects for the future that can help the team win. the decission really comes down to a couple of questions, are you a clements or astros fan?? do you wanna get prospects for the future or do you wanna be on the losing end for a few more years??

sahen
06-05-2005, 05:31 PM
i pull for clemens and the astros.....clement plays for the red soxes he used to play for the cubs and looks like abraham lincoln, i dont pull for him....clemens said to the houston chronicle he doesnt want to go to AL East anymore (yankees or red soxes) and he will only be traded if McClane wants to trade him now...so basically both sides r saying that he wont be traded unless if the other side wants it...i think neither wants to trade him honestly and he will stay an astro....

HighSchool Fan
06-05-2005, 05:35 PM
i would rather him stay there than to go to the rangers. hopefully we will both get what we want :)

sahen
06-05-2005, 05:38 PM
the only way he becomes a ranger in my opinion is if the rangers offer up some serious talent for him.....which might not be worht it, however if they r in a pennant race u never know...

HighSchool Fan
06-05-2005, 05:42 PM
i hope the rangers don't do it, they are finally getting a good farm system. i don't want them to give up alot of good prospects for anyone that is close to retirement.

AggieJohn
06-05-2005, 10:54 PM
so he holds on to clements and clements starts another 12-15 games this year, and the team stays in the cellar. then clements retires at the end of the year. how does that help the astros in the long run?? they either keep him, make a few million at the gate this year and don't get any help for the future, or they trade him, take the financial loss this year and get 3 to 4 good prospects for the future that can help the team win. the decission really comes down to a couple of questions, are you a clements or astros fan?? do you wanna get prospects for the future or do you wanna be on the losing end for a few more years??

clements? clements?..hmm,c'mon scott

big daddy russ
06-06-2005, 12:49 AM
The Astros have a decent team, they just don't have the stud bat they need. Berkman could fill that void if he was playing up to his usual self, but he's not. If him, Morgan Ensberg, Craig Biggio and Jason Lane could all get rolling at the same time they'd be a dangerous team, especially with that pitching staff they have. Hell, if Berkman had been healthy and strong all year the 'Stros would easily be a .500 team.

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
the astros are 14.5 games out of first place. they aren't playing like a decent team. they need to start building for the future and clements isn't part of the future.

GWOOD
06-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Irony from yesterday's game-

Clemens pitches the worst game of this season-9 hits, 4 runs, in only 5 innings-and wins! Astros score 5 runs in the bottom of the first.

Clemens has pitched at least two games this year where he gave up zero runs in a 7 inning stint and did not get a decision.

AggieJohn
06-06-2005, 09:04 AM
the astros are 14.5 games out of first place. they aren't playing like a decent team. they need to start building for the future and clements isn't part of the future.
scott for the last time, it's clemens

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 09:07 AM
john, for the last time, i don't care what you have to say about anything.

AggieJohn
06-06-2005, 09:09 AM
then quit making an idiot of yourself, and no i'm not doing enough for the two of us....

but remember if your going to post senor on a topic, at least be educated on it

jason
06-06-2005, 09:11 AM
then quit making an idiot of yourself calling the kettle black arent we ???

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 09:27 AM
then quit making an idiot of yourself, and no i'm not doing enough for the two of us....

but remember if your going to post senor on a topic, at least be educated on it

so does me spelling it wrong annoy you. i hope so, now you see how everyone else feels when they see most of your post. you are the foremost expert when it comes to idiots, since your the biggest one on here. and to you my name is HSF or HighSchool Fan, nothing else.

Ranger Mom
06-06-2005, 09:30 AM
You two remind me of my two male dogs!

HSF = Zeb

AJ = Bandit

jason
06-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You two remind me of my two male dogs!

HSF = Zeb

AJ = Bandit does bandit lick himself ???

:doh:

Ranger Mom
06-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by jason
does bandit lick himself ???

ROFLMAO!!!!

Yes he does....regularly!!

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by jason
does bandit lick himself ???

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ya beat me to it

Ranger Mom
06-06-2005, 09:46 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!

Yes he does....regularly!!

But that's not what I based my comparison on!:p

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 10:43 AM
But that's not what I based my comparison on!:p

we were having a good convo about the astros and the rangers, then aj shows up and puts in his 1 cent worth, i do the right thing and try to ignore him, then he comes back with more garbage. so i tell him i don't care what he says. then he shows how mature he is and calls me an idiot, btw, he sure is brave hiding behind that computer. as anyone can see, if aj would of minded his own business, this thread would of still been about baseball and not about how much of a fool he is.

Ranger Mom
06-06-2005, 11:09 AM
we were having a good convo about the astros and the rangers, then aj shows up and puts in his 1 cent worth, i do the right thing and try to ignore him, then he comes back with more garbage. so i tell him i don't care what he says. then he shows how mature he is and calls me an idiot, btw, he sure is brave hiding behind that computer. as anyone can see, if aj would of minded his own business, this thread would of still been about baseball and not about how much of a fool he is.

Yep....that pretty much sums up Zeb and Bandit!

Two dogs who, when separate, are great dogs.....when together they get on your last nerve.

Zeb - older, bigger, more mature. Moseying through life minding his own business....always underfoot but not annoyingly so.

Bandit - younger, smaller, lots of growing up to do. Can't leave well enough alone....always gotta be "pickin" at Zeb.

Setting: The Patio

Scenario: Both dogs laying in the shade minding their own business. Someone goes in the backyard, both dogs jump up to greet them. Zeb stands there waiting to be pet, Bandit is jumping up on you, demanding his attention.

You start to pet Zeb, Bandit starts nudging Zeb with his nose, over and over until Bandit (all 40 lbs) is physically almost knocking Zeb over (who weighs in about 90 lbs). Zeb finally gives in and gives a warning growl. This does nothing but make Bandit more hyper. He starts nudging and nipping all over. Zeb gives a bigger more menacing growl...this gets Bandit growling. (This is when the person who is right in the middle of it better "exit stage left").

Bandit starts circling Zeb, yapping and nipping at him. Zeb stands there, not moving a muscle and just growls. All spectators stand back and watch. Ranger Mom yells " CUT IT OUT" for all the good it does:rolleyes: ....the testostrone has taken over.

Zeb has finally had enough and goes in for the attack. Bandit is down, but he doesn't give up....he just keeps on and keeps on coming back for more...he's like a little gnat..until he finally cries "uncle" and slinks away to lick his wounds. He will live to annoy Zeb another day!

vet93
06-06-2005, 11:26 AM
RM....since testosterone is involved I could offer my services to help neuter the individuals involved;) Just let me know to which scenario you would like me to address.....Zeb and Bandit or "Zeb" and "Bandit".:D

Ranger Mom
06-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by vet93
RM....since testosterone is involved I could offer my services to help neuter the individuals involved;) Just let me know to which scenario you would like me to address.....Zeb and Bandit or "Zeb" and "Bandit".:D

Is there not any kind of age limit?

These dogs are not spring chikens!

vet93
06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
No age limit....though recovery takes longer in the older dogs. For different reasons I have neutered 15 -16 year old dogs. As far as the humans in the other scenario are involved....I am not sure about age limits there...but I am willing to try!!!!!

Is there not any kind of age limit?

These dogs are not spring chikens!

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
ut I am willing to try!!!!!

try is the key word there. "bandit" is probably already neutered, and it ain't happening to "zeb" :D

vet93
06-06-2005, 12:26 PM
We have some very good muzzles and a rather large "assistant" named Guido that uses a common form of anethesia called Brutacaine!

try is the key word there. "bandit" is probably already neutered, and it ain't happening to "zeb" :D

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 12:28 PM
We have some very good muzzles and a rather large "assistant" named Guido that uses a common form of anethesia called Brutacaine!

i'm thinking my assistant "44 mag" might be able to handle brutacaine :D

vet93
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
How bout them astros!!!:cool:

i'm thinking my assistant "44 mag" might be able to handle brutacaine :D

HighSchool Fan
06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
How bout them astros!!!:cool:

go astros and go rangers :clap: :clap:

15portsfan
06-06-2005, 02:41 PM
OK-Heres my take on the Astros.First,the biggest thing that is hurting the astros is Tim Pupura,Scott Boras took him to the school of dont have a clue,he waited and got nothing.Gerry Hunsinger would have found a way to at least get an idea what to expect in time to acquire another top rated player to fill the offensive needs of the club.The Astros can be glad they didnt acquire Beltran because hes struggling right now and I dont think based on his past that he was the guy for us,Willie Tavares will prove that by years end,I can assure you there wont be 120,000,000.00 dollars difference between he and Beltran.As for Beltran and Kent-sometimes you have to take less to get what you want in the long run-I would have stayed with a team that got me to within 1 game of the World Series even for less money for a shot at the ring.Guess that eliminates the old cliche - Its not about the money.As for Bagwell,this guy is still owed tons of money by the Astros from helping financially to get trades such as Randy Johnson,Moises Alou,Jeff Kent,Carlos Beltran and others that have since gone because the club made no effort to keep them or they let someone steal them via free agency.You have to make a decision which way to go,either build a championship team from within utilizing your farm clubs and draft choices or buy you a ball like the Yankees do every year or the Marlins of a few years ago.If you choose the later,you have to pay the price,if you choose the first,you have to stay the coarse and ultimely pay the youngsters to stay.Either way is a proven method but the Astros seem to sway back and forth with little or no direction undecided which way to go.The fans will stay with you if they know the plan and every move stays on coarse to achieve the end result-World Series Champion Houston Astros- looks good dont it?