PDA

View Full Version : 57th Annual Shrimporee

AP Panther Fan
06-03-2005, 08:37 AM
If you are anywhere near South Texas and looking for some fun this weekend, come see us.:D

Shrimporee celebrates seafood and the Aransas Pass shrimping heritage. There will be live entertainment all weekend, chefs preparing seafood dishes and ice carvings ... lots of fun stuff like belly dancers, magicians, mariachis, barbershop quartets, gypsy dancers. Lots and lots of good food and beverages.

I hope this link works:

http://www.aransaspass.org/Shrimporee.htm

pirate4state
06-03-2005, 08:51 AM
So much to do this weekend so little time. :D

If I make it out your way I'll give you a call!! :)

spiveyrat
06-03-2005, 08:56 AM
If I only lived closer... :(

pirate44
06-03-2005, 09:49 AM
i wish i could go, but spf25 said i couldnt drag her stiff dead body to a seafood festival. she'd rather go to the Haggis Festival before any kind of shrimp fest.:eek:

pirate4state
06-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i wish i could go, but spf25 said i couldnt drag her stiff dead body to a seafood festival. she'd rather go to the Haggis Festival before any kind of shrimp fest.:eek: LOL!! I don't like seafood either, but they do have other food there & great entertainment. :)

AP Panther Fan
06-03-2005, 10:07 AM
LOL ... it is fun, I'm tellin' ya! Tonight's main band is Rotel and the Hot Tomatoes. They put on a great show...big hair, tight sparkling outfits, oldie-type music.

P4S, I am working out there tonight and all day tomorrow and will have my cell phone on me at all times, so please do call if you come over.

P44 and SPF25...tsk, tsk, tsk ... another lost opportunity to meet you guys.:D Oh well, I am sure something will come up soon that doesn't involve seafood.;)

spiveyrat
06-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I thought it was just Kansans who disliked seafood. My reasoning is that they've never had good fresh seafood since it's over 600 miles to the Gulf and even farther to the Atlantic and Pacific. So, what's ya'lls excuse??? :confused:

pirate4state
06-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
So, what's ya'lls excuse??? :confused: I'm weird! :D Everyone else in my family & my friends love seafood, but I have to be an odd ball. :D

spiveyrat
06-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm weird! :D Everyone else in my family & my friends love seafood, but I have to be an odd ball. :D ;)

44INAROW
06-03-2005, 10:25 AM
HHMM sounds good :) There will be a bunch of Cuero people in in your area this weekend fishing in the Annual Pescadores Fishing Tourney - could be a wild weekend :D

SPF25
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I thought it was just Kansans who disliked seafood. My reasoning is that they've never had good fresh seafood since it's over 600 miles to the Gulf and even farther to the Atlantic and Pacific. So, what's ya'lls excuse??? :confused:

Just never had a taste for it if it wasnt cooked by mom or butterchurn here in sinton. lol