PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens: An Astro?

District303aPastPlayer
01-12-2004, 12:28 PM
i was told by a friend he said yes...

Talk_To_The_Paw
01-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Astros have a 2:00 p.m. news conference today. May be to announce his signing.

spiveyrat
01-12-2004, 01:13 PM
I heard it on the radio about 30 minutes ago...

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 02:23 PM
WoooooHoooooo!!! Way to go Astros!!! :D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
01-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Gee Roger, thanks a lot from all the Rangers fans...the Rangers made him an offer two months ago for more money than he's getting from the Astros, and they were going to allow him to stay at home during road trips that he wasn't pitching in...I wish he would have just been honest to the team and said that he didn't want to play for the Rangers rather thant telling them that he would not return under any circumstances or else he would have taken the Rangers' offer...I guess we see now that "under any circumstances" didn't include the possiblility of the other Texas team offering him a lesser contract.

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
crzyjournalist03:
Gee Roger, thanks a lot from all the Rangers fans...the Rangers made him an offer two months ago for more money than he's getting from the Astros, and they were going to allow him to stay at home during road trips that he wasn't pitching in...I wish he would have just been honest to the team and said that he didn't want to play for the Rangers rather thant telling them that he would not return under any circumstances or else he would have taken the Rangers' offer...I guess we see now that "under any circumstances" didn't include the possiblility of the other Texas team offering him a lesser contract.This has more to do with Andy Pettit than with the Astro's organization. But if that point of view doesn't satisfy you:

How about some cheese with that whine? :p :p

<small>[ January 12, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

BIG19
01-12-2004, 03:27 PM
What a rotation: Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt, Redding, and Miller. Looks like they made a great move getting Clemens, just wish they would have kept Wagner. Hoping the bats will be there.

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 03:56 PM
BIG19:
What a rotation: Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt, Redding, and Miller. Looks like they made a great move getting Clemens, just wish they would have kept Wagner. Hoping the bats will be there.Redding might be replaced with Hernandez.

crzyjournalist03
01-12-2004, 05:28 PM
JasperDog94:

crzyjournalist03:
Gee Roger, thanks a lot from all the Rangers fans...the Rangers made him an offer two months ago for more money than he's getting from the Astros, and they were going to allow him to stay at home during road trips that he wasn't pitching in...I wish he would have just been honest to the team and said that he didn't want to play for the Rangers rather thant telling them that he would not return under any circumstances or else he would have taken the Rangers' offer...I guess we see now that "under any circumstances" didn't include the possiblility of the other Texas team offering him a lesser contract.This has more to do with Andy Pettit than with the Astro's organization. But if that point of view doesn't satisfy you:

How about some cheese with that
whine? :p :p You're probably right...however I would like to point out to any Astros fan who watched the press conference that the organization thanked Rangers owner Tom Hicks for contacting Roger and being the first to get him to explore the possibility of a return...it's frustrating for Ranger fans, but at least the Astros gave the Rangers credit for something...that hasn't happened much lately.

Bell_06
01-12-2004, 11:56 PM
You better hope he never has to run the bases for the stros...I may be the only one here who didn't want to see him sign.. I don't like his attitude and I think he spent way to much time in New York. Would have loved to have seen Josh Beckett heading home instead.

sahen
01-13-2004, 04:26 PM
JasperDog94:

BIG19:
What a rotation: Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt, Redding, and Miller. Looks like they made a great move getting Clemens, just wish they would have kept Wagner. Hoping the bats will be there.Redding might be replaced with Hernandez.or roberson might beat both hernandez and redding out himself being he had like 15 wins last year....

<small>[ January 13, 2004, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

Wildcat81
01-13-2004, 07:06 PM
sahen:

JasperDog94:

BIG19:
What a rotation: Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt, Redding, and Miller. Looks like they made a great move getting Clemens, just wish they would have kept Wagner. Hoping the bats will be there.Redding might be replaced with Hernandez.or roberson might beat both hernandez and redding out himself being he had like 15 wins last year....Yea The Astros sould have kept Wagner.Not to many
closers have 100 mph fast ball.