PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 1 Van 0 13 innings

cdlvj
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
You have to really feel bad for Van. The LG runner was on third and the batter laid down a perfect bunt.

The third baselady did not purposely block the base path, it was totally inadvertent. But it did prevent the runner a clear path to home plate.

In the bottom of the 13th Van got a runner to second and the next hitter got a hit to the outfield, The LG fielder mad a perfect throw to home for the out.

Van's pitcher is very very good, she had LG swinging late throughout the game.

Congrats to both teams.

Old Tiger
06-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Sounds like a great game! Good job La Grange, represent 19-3a well in the state title game! :(

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
congrats on the grueling win ladies. good luck.

rhs78
06-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Congrats lady Leps,bring it home for R-3

cdlvj
06-03-2005, 08:10 AM
I would also think the Kimmy Lee sealed her position on 3A all state team with this performance.

cdlvj
06-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Pitching error in 13th inning helps lift Leopards

By John Boyce

AMERICAN-STATESMAN

Friday, June 3, 2005

After encountering futility for 12 innings, La Grange pushed across an error-aided run to defeat Van 1-0 Thursday night in a Class 3A state softball semifinal at McCombs Field.

On Saturday, the Leopards (24-12) will face the winner of today's other semifinal between Columbia and Pilot Point.

Van pitcher Cara Hulme (28-3) pitched brilliantly, striking out 19 while giving up six hits, but it was her throwing error in the 13th inning that started La Grange on its way to victory.

As a result of the error, Mandi Bertsch ended up on second base. Brandy Hollas sacrificed Bertsch to third. Jenna Cernoch's attempt at a bunt resulted in third baseman Ashley Patterson making an error that allowed Cernoch to reach base and Bertsch to come home with the decisive run.

La Grange pitcher Kimmy Lee allowed Van (32-3) just five hits while striking out nine.

In the 13th, Lee gave up a one-out single before La Grange's sole error of the game allowed Brandi Dalme to reach second. Bethany Smith sharply singled to center, but Leopards center fielder Ashton Jaksa threw a sliding Dalme out at home.

pirate4state
06-03-2005, 08:49 AM
:eek: WOW - sounds like a great game!!! :clap:

:clap: Congrats to both teams and Good Luck to La Grange in the championship game!

CheerMom
06-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Great game, Lady Leps!!! Good Luck, Saturday!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bellville22
06-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Went to the game, and what a game, congrats to both teams.

Play of the game came in the 4th or 5th inning. With a runner on first and 2 out, Van hit a blast to deep left field. Hannah Sulik retreated and made an over the shoulder basket catch, then ran into the wall, but held on. Saved the run and the game for LG, tremendous catch!

Gutsy effort by both Lee and the P for Van.

Good luck LG.

cdlvj
06-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Went to the game, and what a game, congrats to both teams.

Play of the game came in the 4th or 5th inning. With a runner on first and 2 out, Van hit a blast to deep left field. Hannah Sulik retreated and made an over the shoulder basket catch, then ran into the wall, but held on. Saved the run and the game for LG, tremendous catch!

Gutsy effort by both Lee and the P for Van.

Good luck LG.

Shortly thereafter, I ribbed her father that your daughter makes the catches he could not make. He was 3A all-state in baseball.

He just replied that you were not around to see him play.
I was working in Wash dc.

Bull's-eye
06-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Congratulations Lady Leps! :clap: :clap: :clap: Good luck Saturday!!

BTEXDAD
06-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Congrats to both of the teams on getting where they are. Both seem to have peaked at the right time of the season, ie. playoffs.
Should be a great game.
I'll have to pull for lady leps, though, simply because I know some of the girls and parents.