PDA

View Full Version : cc moody

mikecheck
06-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Just read in Caller.com that Moody loses to Smithon Valley 1-0 in a one game playoff in 5A.

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Interesting. I thought Moody was supposed to win it all? :thinking: Silly sports writers - adding fuel to the fire. ;)

pirate4state
06-02-2005, 03:31 PM
:doh: Wonder how he is gonna "spin" the loss. :rolleyes: :thinking:

Still 1-0 :eek: must have been a heck of a game!

AP Panther Fan
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck
Just read in Caller.com that Moody loses to Smithon Valley 1-0 in a one game playoff in 5A.

:doh: bad news, indeed...(did that sound an awful lot like Phil C?)

pirate4state
06-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Caller Times (http://www.caller.com/ccct/sports/article/0,1641,CCCT_802_3825533,00.html)

Phil C
06-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Bad news indeed. It also left egg on some sports writers page.

Bull Butter
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
I feel bad for Coach Gallegos and the team. You know that column somehow made it's way to Smithson Valley. The Trojans already had a big enough bulls-eye on their backs before the Caller-Times writer had to add fuel to the fire. Totally irresponsible journalism if you ask me.:mad:

mwynn05
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Is this article posted on here? the one that said they would win it all or whatever?

pirate4state
06-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Is this article posted on here? the one that said they would win it all or whatever?

Here it is:

Trojans are already the state champs
Moody just has not played the games yet

May 31, 2005

The coaches and players can take it one game at a time, but we here in the media like to plan ahead. As for myself, I'm planning on putting out a paper for June 12 that will have all the information on how the Moody Trojans won their second straight Class 5A baseball title.

But John, we haven't even got out of the regionals yet?

I know, but as soon as the last out was recorded against San Antonio Reagan, who was left to stand in Moody's way in Region IV? Smithson Valley?

Not going to happen, and Smithson Valley got rid of any chance to upsetting the Trojans when they fell into the trap of the underdog. Most coaches feel anything can happen in one game, and when facing a better team, you want to play a one-game series.

Smithson Valley, which finished second in District 26-5A to S.A. Reagan, has won 14 straight games. Their top two pitchers have not allowed a run in the past 23 innings. Still, the Smithson Valley coaches felt they could only beat Moody in one game.

I've got bad news for Smithson Valley: You are about to face arguably the greatest high school pitcher in Corpus Christi ISD history - Luis Flores. You better hope your pitchers have another 23 innings of scoreless ball in their arms if you expect to beat Mr. Flores and the Trojans. Because that is what it is going to take.

And if Flores doesn't beat you, the 'Moody Magic' will.

The one thing S.A. Reagan had in its favor - and the thing that helped Ray knock off Moody twice this season - was it understood that 'Moody Magic' was not bigger than the game. For teams that have not run up against Moody before, the number and veracity of the Trojan faithful shock them. When the chants rain down for 'Moo-dy Mag-ic', momentum can change.

Once Moody gets past Smithson Valley, the state tournament is looking less and less imposing as it gets deeper into the rounds.

Of the 10 teams ranked by the Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association in Class 5A on May 2, only three remain among the final eight 5A schools in the state.

It all started in the area round. Southlake Carroll stunned No. 2 Flower Mound, which Moody beat for state title this past June. In the regional quarterfinals, No. 3 S.A. Reagan, No. 4 Cy Fair, No. 5 Tomball, No. 6 Amarillo and No. 9 South Garland were all bounced.

Then in the regional semifinals, No. 8 The Woodlands, the only other 5A team to be ranked No. 1 in the state besides Moody, lost to No. 7 Rockwall.

That leaves No. 1 Moody, Rockwall and No. 10 Mansfield, which beat Amarillo in the quarterfinals and will meet Lubbock Monterey for the Region I title, as the remaining top 10 teams.

At the moment, Rockwall looks like it will be the team Moody must get past to win state. The Yellowjackets, who meet Klein Collins for the Region II title this week, beat both South Garland and The Woodlands with great pitching and opportunistic offense.

Sounds a lot like Moody.

Also expected to be in Austin will be the team Moody beat 7-0 in the semifinals last season, Humble Kingwood. They are playing in the finals for Region III against Humble.

Regardless of who is there when Moody arrives, the facts are this. Moody has three games left in this season - regional finals, state semifinal and state final. Flores will be able to start two of those games and a well-rested Jason Rodriguez with start the third - and McAllen saw what Rodriguez, who took a nap on the bus trip to the game, can do.

To me that spells state title. Now they just have to play the games.

:doh:

AP Panther Fan
06-02-2005, 05:08 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ouch, I hadn't read the article...it is even worse than I could have imagined.:rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
06-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Post his name...

He is ALREADY the dumb@** of the year, and we still have 6 months left...

My request to the Victoria Advocate:

DO NOT SAY THE SAME ABOUT CUERO IN FOOTBALL THIS YEAR OR I WILL BURN THE PLACE DOWN...

Okay, not really, just YOUR HOUSE!!!

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
You should expect smack like that on a message board. As a matter of fact, I'll proudly be guilty from time to time myself. ;) However, newspaper writers need to show some proffessionalism and measure their words more carefully.:nerd:

Haunta Yo
06-02-2005, 07:54 PM
You better hope your pitchers have another 23 innings of scoreless ball in their arms if you expect to beat Mr. Flores and the Trojans. Because that is what it is going to take.

I guess that's what they did...
:clap: :D ;) :p

pirate44
06-02-2005, 10:08 PM
poetic justice. i hope they make an example of this know-it-all. Sorry Moody, but there is just a bit of satisfaction putting a guy like this in his place.