PDA

View Full Version : Forney 10 Carthage 6 FINAL

eye of the tiger
11-22-2002, 11:17 PM
What a game. Forney found a way to win. Trailing 6 to 3 with a minute left Forney has the ball 4th and 14. A desperation TD pass gives Forney the win

Chris Hart
11-22-2002, 11:26 PM
Great game, congrats to the Forney Jackrabbits!

sinton66
11-22-2002, 11:26 PM
PPHSfan was at this game and said everybody MUST see the highlights from this one. Says it was a fantastic finish.

surfspike
11-23-2002, 12:55 AM
did forney just have an off-night? or was carthage really that good? wink

BigDog
11-23-2002, 01:07 AM
I've seen every game this year of Forneys and this was not their best effort. Hats off to Carthage, they came to play and controled both the offensive and defensive lines. Hanie had no time to throw and avoided a sack to fire an unbelievable pass of 50 yards to the goal line for the winning score with less than a minute to play. We had our lucky rabbits foot tonight and found a way to win!

Go Rabbits!

BigDog
11-23-2002, 01:15 AM
Forney's defense did make several stands to hold off the Bulldogs! Forney keep the bulldogs from scoring and getting a first down on Forney's 20 yard line before "The Play"! The offense did convert on a cruical 4th down to keep the drive alive as Hanie threw the pass while being sacked and the receiver came back to make a great catch for the first down. Not sure I've seen a Forney game with as many penalties at key times! Great Game and a highlight finish!!!

Jimbotex40
11-23-2002, 01:23 AM
carthage, i am truly sorry that you guys had to lose like this, in a game which yall dominated both the offensive and defensive lines, yall were unfortunate not to win. well, i guess yall didnt dominate the o-line, cuz our d-line did a good job also. i guess in that case, i would say that it was a push

forney, great job on the comeback, that was awesome...i hope yall know that the o-line isnt gonna be able to play like crap (if i were a cussing man, i would say the "s" word) against atlanta or any other team.

great job with the skills positions, but not much you can do when their d-lineman prance right through our o-line. all i can say is that the o-line better step it up.

enjoy the victory until tommorow at practice, then start getting your "A" game.

i love you guys more than yall will ever know (keep up the forney spirit and tradition)

aamove
11-23-2002, 01:40 AM
I agree that Carthage really dominated most of the game. They gave Hanie a lot of pressure. I had all but conceded that the season was over. Carthage is a really talented team. They are every bit as good as any team we played this year. My hat goes off to y'all.

old horns
11-23-2002, 06:44 AM
GOOD JOB FORNEY. WAY TO FIND A WAY TO PULL IT OUT. GOOD LUCK TO YALL NEXT WEEK.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH RABBITS WILL BE A GREAT GAME.

Rabbit'93
11-23-2002, 09:25 AM
What a game. I too thought it was all over. Carthage congrats on a great year. Forney better bring it against those "other" rabbits.

<small>[ November 23, 2002, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

justanopinion
11-23-2002, 10:36 AM
WOW!!!!! That was way too close. Congrats to the players. Carthage - ya'll had a very talented team and dominated our line like it was nothing.

I can't wait for Friday at Texas Stadium.

runninrabbit04
11-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Wow, what a game...the first half no one was giving any ground...with only a Forney FG being scored, then in the 3rd quarter Carhage got their first TD with a blocked xtra point...Forney was getting pushed back on every drive...that defense from Carthage was pretty good, even if our line wasn't playing their a-game...and man Carthage were you guys quick...but yea, in the 4th quarter it's 4 and 9 we get illegal procedure 4 and 15...Hanie is scrambling Carthage guys all over him, he launchs a desperation pass and adams catches inches off the ground...wow...then of course the drive was finished with a hanie to davis td...this in my book is one of most amazing games I hav ever seen us play,great job to our QB and WR's...and great job to Carthage, you gave us all you got and you guys played great.

<small>[ November 23, 2002, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: runninrabbit04 ]</small>