PDA

View Full Version : Krispy Kreme outlets will be giving away free doughnuts on 3 June 2005.

pirate44
06-02-2005, 07:25 AM
ALL HAIL NATIONAL DONUT DAY!!!!

Could there be a sweeter day of the year? On Friday, June 3rd, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD - News) celebrates National Doughnut Day by offering customers a free doughnut of their choice in participating stores throughout the U.S.

National Doughnut Day was established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to raise much-needed funds during the Great Depression and to honor the work of World War I Salvation Army volunteers who prepared doughnuts for thousands of soldiers. National Doughnut Day is celebrated annually on the first Friday in June.

"National Doughnut Day is a perfect time for us to give a little something back to our loyal customers throughout the country," said Stan Parker, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Krispy Kreme. "It's also a great opportunity to build awareness and acknowledge the continued good work of the Salvation Army."

BTEXDAD
06-02-2005, 07:54 AM
You ruined my day by telling me that, pirate. There are no Krispy Kreme shops in Bellville.
Guess I'll just have to pick up a couple sausage biscuits.

Ranger Mom
06-02-2005, 08:33 AM
We don't have them here either. But I have had one before, I wasn't that impressed!

rhs78
06-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Their just doughnuts and i don't see why everyone thinks they are the best. they are good but not worth the price (6-7dollars for glazed dozen) to rich for my blood and you usually have to wait in line.

PurpleFreddy
06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Well, they are the best I've ever had. And if you've ever been to one of their stores where you can get them hot, they are even better. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? In my opinion, yes. But, hey, some people don't like Starbucks coffee, either. Just a taste thing.

Bandera YaYa
06-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.....they are the best......and I know just where one is close by.....well 30 miles close!!! RM, you need to go get one fresh off the conveyor belt, in their store....melts right in your mouth!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... :) :)

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.....they are the best......and I know just where one is close by.....well 30 miles close!!! RM, you need to go get one fresh off the conveyor belt, in their store....melts right in your mouth!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... :) :)

We don't have a store, but one of our 73 convenience stores has them brought in each morning. Hubby's research discovered that he can almost recreate the "hot off the belt" freshness by reheating in the microwave for 8 seconds. :rolleyes: I'm not sure how many he tested before coming up with this....I was a little afraid to ask. :D

pirate44
06-02-2005, 09:44 AM
i agree they are the best, but i dont discriminate. im an equal opportunity donut eater.:D

pirate4state
06-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.....they are the best......and I know just where one is close by.....well 30 miles close!!! RM, you need to go get one fresh off the conveyor belt, in their store....melts right in your mouth!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... :) :) I'm with YaYa!! I love them especially when that "HOT" sign is on. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - sugar heaven!! :D

spiveyrat
06-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We don't have them here either. But I have had one before, I wasn't that impressed!

Was it warm? They HAVE to be warm and fresh. If they aren't, they're just another donut.

pirate44
06-02-2005, 09:53 AM
whatever happened to that donut flavored milkshake/smoothie krispy kreme was introducing? anyone try it?

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
whatever happened to that donut flavored milkshake/smoothie krispy kreme was introducing? anyone try it?

I never tried one. I do know the "health-nuts" jumped all over that one. Once the scoop was out, it most likely had a quick demise.

spiveyrat
06-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Haven't heard of that. I'd try one if I could find one.

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Krispy Kreme the BEST???

HEY Y'ALL!! THE EMPEROR IS NEKID!!!!:eek:

Their donuts are skinny and the glazing breaks into chunks and falls off!!:mad:

Bandera YaYa
06-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Krispy Kreme the BEST???

Their donuts are skinny and the glazing breaks into chunks and falls off!!:mad: ..and falls off right into my mouth......................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh..... :kiss:

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 10:31 AM
..and falls off right into my mouth......................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh..... :kiss:
Do you eat them while laying down??:D :p :p

LH Panther Mom
06-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Has anyone around Abilene been to the donut place on South 7th (I think, maybe 14th) and whatever the heck the other half of Hickory is? If you get there fairly early, you can get them hot right out of the fryer. YUMMY! :inlove:

Bandera YaYa
06-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Do you eat them while laying down??:D :p :p Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......that could be arranged!!! :p :D

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......that could be arranged!!! :p :D
I'll bring the donuts.;)

Bandera YaYa
06-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll bring the donuts.;) Well, only if you include a few choc glazed ........................ :D :D :devil:

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Deal !!!:inlove:

I hope Mrs. Stang doesn't read any of this.:doh:

pirate44
06-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Krispy Kreme the BEST???

Their donuts are skinny and the glazing breaks into chunks and falls off!!:mad:
just because you have a differing opinion doesnt mean you have to be so hostile. long live Krispy Kreme and to heck with Atkins!!

AP Panther Fan
06-02-2005, 12:21 PM

Now THAT was funny! Ya Ya, best of luck to ya with the donut "thingy"....:D :D :D

pirate44
06-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
donut "thingy"....:D :D :D

they make those? what will they come up with next?

sicem74
06-02-2005, 12:32 PM
does temple, or waco area have krispy kreme

pirate44
06-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
i dunno but they dont need one. they have all the good Czech bakeries nearby;) id take a good Kolace over a donut any day.

pirate44
06-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by sicem74

Waco
621 N Valley Mill Drive
Waco, TX 76710 US
Phone: 254-399-9494

Bandera YaYa
06-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Now THAT was funny! Ya Ya, best of luck to ya with the donut "thingy"....:D :D :D Well, they all "rise" on occasion!!!!!!!! :D :kiss:

sicem74
06-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Waco
621 N Valley Mill Drive
Waco, TX 76710 US
Phone: 254-399-9494
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet alright thanks yeah that place in west thats good too!

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 03:28 PM
just because you have a differing opinion doesnt mean you have to be so hostile.
My hostility is directed at the donuts, not at the people who like them.:)

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 03:32 PM
long live Krispy Kreme and to heck with Atkins!!
I'll have to admit that I agree with the second part of this statement.:cool:

sahen
06-02-2005, 03:34 PM
waco has one on valley mills....right side if ur driving from baylor's campus....it opened a year and a half ago, for a while they gave out free donuts when they turned on their "hot" sign....i dont think they still do that cause that was when they first opened....it was funny to me, i went up there a couple times and it seemed like all of baylor was waiting for a free donut when they turned that sign on.....

KTJ
06-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Those people who hate Krispy Kreme are usually from small towns who can't get them everyday like I can.

:D

mustang04
06-02-2005, 03:40 PM
i will say..Krispy Kremes arent THAT awesome if they are room temperature...but pop some of those bad boys in the microwave and then u have the BEST doughnut youll ever eat....they LITERALLY MELT...wow they're good.....but u know what i like..the Rasberry filled donuts.....those are THE BOMB-DIGGITY!

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Mustang04, Is Doris' Sweet Shop still open? My family considers those donuts to be a treat!:)

mustang04
06-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Mustang04, Is Doris' Sweet Shop still open? My family considers those donuts to be a treat!:)

yeah its still open and som ppl LOVE their donuts...but im sry i think Krispy Kreme surpasses them

BTEXDAD
06-02-2005, 04:09 PM
just because you have a differing opinion doesnt mean you have to be so hostile. long live Krispy Kreme and to heck with Atkins!!

Now wait a minute, pirate. I'd take a Atkins friendly rib eye before a donut any day.

Phantom Stang
06-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yeah its still open and som ppl LOVE their donuts...but im sry i think Krispy Kreme surpasses them
Honestly, I haven't had my last Krispy Kreme donut. I just think they're over-rated.

Still, try to give Doris' some business when you can. I say this because I'm reminded that when Sonic opened in Sweetwater, Ray's Drive Inn only lasted a few months. Nowdays, 30 or so years later, some of the same people who ignored it, are on Classmates posting about how much they miss Ray's. :rolleyes:

mustang04
06-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Honestly, I haven't had my last Krispy Kreme donut. I just think they're over-rated.

Still, try to give Doris' some business when you can. I say this because I'm reminded that when Sonic opened in Sweetwater, Ray's Drive Inn only lasted a few months. Nowdays, 30 or so years later, some of the same people who ignored it, are on Classmates posting about how much they miss Ray's. :rolleyes:

definitely...Doris' Sweetshop is AWESOME, but i like Kripsy Kremes....doesn't mean i don't make my stops by Doris' hehehe

pirate44
06-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Now wait a minute, pirate. I'd take a Atkins friendly rib eye before a donut any day.
i cant fault ya there. especially if its a Texas Ropadhouse ribeye cooked medium.
i wonder what a ribeye sandwich would taste like using krispy kremes as the buns:thinking: