Holmes_Fans
06-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Why do you think it's weaker?

WOS1
06-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Notice number 81... :D

Old Tiger
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I did, but I hope he isn't over-rated like the mighty WO-S Mustangs ;)

WOS1
06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
We'll see... so far our track record isn't very good in 3A playing the ratings game. :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
06-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm just joking w/ you WOS1 yall have tradition...

WOS1
06-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I know you are... and yes, we have tradition, but that doesn't always get you very far, as we all saw last year.

Old Tiger
06-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Yall could of done worse like have a losing record and not even make the playoffs...

WOS1
06-01-2005, 11:29 PM
True... very true. Sometimes, maybe we expect too much.;)

Here is what one of the guys at Rivals had to say about Beasley from the Combine at Baylor:

Waco Combine Analysis: D. Beasley Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a combine that drew the many of the state's top high school prospects, where names like Goodson, D. Webb, Jerrod Johnson, Mon Williams, Matt Allen, and other top prospects, the most dominant player was a stud named Kenneth Beasley from little old West-Orange Stark. He was solid at CB, but totally dominated the combine at WR. Props to all the participants.

Some of the players that stood out: All the LaMarque kids especially Richard Jones, Castille totally shocked everyone w/ his arm, Cody Williams emerged as a top 3 DE, Cox from Waco Univ. has cover skills, Sherrod Harris looked great even w/ the sore ham, Sneed was tearing the gloves off of the WRs hands, M. Williams deserves all the hype he gets and more, A. Wacha and the other Ft. Bend kids held their own, way to represent, Jerrod Johnson or should I just call you TO already (looked nice at QB), DeMarcus Webb, oh what a specimen, the OL from D. Carter (Wow), Pierie/Wharton great strength at DB, Montre' Weber and the rest of the WRs were on another level.

Overall this was by far the best (talent wise) combine in the state: 40 timing could have been better. There were so many big names that it would be impossible to list.
*I was wondering how the RB from Jones made the selection, but after he shook the LBs in the one on one drills so bad, I excused his invitation.
*Beasley and Williams looked like US Army All American sho-ins, so did Matt Allen. Goodson looked great, even though he appeared to have on hooping shoes.

Great combine despite the 100 F heat

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Notice number 81... :D glad to see he has already commited to texas

big daddy russ
06-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by sicem74
the class of 06 looks pretty weaker than 05
http://www.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1162
There's only one fewer five-star than there was last year.

AggieJohn
06-03-2005, 05:00 AM
looks like mack3 got smarter and decided to go work early rather than get burned like he did last recruiting period