PDA

View Full Version : Dctf?

Gsquared
06-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Whens it gonna hit the new stands?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Not sure when the Holy Book of Football hits the stands....Hopefully soon.

KTJ
06-01-2005, 01:01 PM
That book gets worse and worse each year.

pirate4state
06-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Whens it gonna hit the new stands? :thinking: I think the end of June. :clap:

Gsquared
06-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Seems like it gets later and later every year

PurpleFreddy
06-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Nah, it's about the same time. And for those who think the magazine gets "worse and worse" each year, I challenge you to try to get 1,100 coaches to fill out a questionnaire and return it. How exactly is it worse? If I were to go back 10 years and look at the 1995 edition of the magazine, how would it be better?

Ranger Mom
06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Nah, it's about the same time. And for those who think the magazine gets "worse and worse" each year, I challenge you to try to get 1,100 coaches to fill out a questionnaire and return it. How exactly is it worse? If I were to go back 10 years and look at the 1995 edition of the magazine, how would it be better?

I think it's great.....maybe not always accurate, but with predictions, what do you expect??

I took mine to the meet and greet at Inks lake last year....evidently the people that were there from Burnet hadn't been able to get their hands on one yet.

Oh the compliments I received!! "Can I get you a drink, Ranger Mom?" "Do you want anything to eat?" "Do you wanna sit here in the shade?" "Can I look at your magazine?"

When I finally let them pry it out of my hands, my glass ran dry, my shade turned to sun, and they didn't even notice.

So now I am left with the question....."did they like me for ME or my magazine"??:thinking:

Bandera YaYa
06-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think it's great.....maybe not always accurate, but with predictions, what do you expect??

I took mine to the meet and greet at Inks lake last year....evidently the people that were there from Burnet hadn't been able to get their hands on one yet.

Oh the compliments I received!! "Can I get you a drink, Ranger Mom?" "Do you want anything to eat?" "Do you wanna sit here in the shade?" "Can I look at your magazine?"

When I finally let them pry it out of my hands, my glass ran dry, my shade turned to sun, and they didn't even notice.

So now I am left with the question....."did they like me for ME or my magazine"??:thinking: Awwwww RangerMom..........it's tough at the top....everyone wants to knock you down....you just needed a person -in-waiting to weed out those ( ( ) kissers!!! :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
06-01-2005, 01:38 PM
i liked the story of the TJT/Plano East game last year... great to read up on a great game.

Gobbla2001
06-01-2005, 07:18 PM
I remember not finding it until July in 1998, and remember it coming out in July (not just at a Wal Mart near me, but PERIOD) the next two or so years...

My education teaches me that June is before July, and that June is 'earlier' than July, meaning it comes out earlier, not later...

And so what if they're not right, how else would we know for 'sure' how many players are returning? What was their record? Who do coaches feel are their top prospects? How fast are they? And the list goes on and on and on...

Yah, you can get that info from here... But on the internet, where a guy's 40 speed can improve from 5.2 to 4.5 in however long it takes you to backspace, why not trust the coach's word?

gobbler grad
06-01-2005, 10:03 PM
can't wait to get it...

Old Dog
06-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I still enjoy "The Book". No place else can provide so much data. Sometimes it's skewed, but it's still a good source.

I still have every single copy since 1966 and go back and check out old "stuff" all the time. The Mrs. doesn't really care for me keeping all those old mags that collect dust!