PDA

View Full Version : The Sinton GodFather Got Thrown Out of a Softball Game!!

Phil C
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
:eek: Can you believe that and it was a little league game with 8th graders between Sinton and Odem! Sinton was winning in the fifth inning 22 to 1 and we were encouraging our girls to swing at anything to end the game and one girl even let them put her out on purpose between third and home to keep the score down and end the game. The umpire got mad (and I found out at the urging of an Odem fan who was his brother) and with no warning kicked everyone on the Sinton side out of the game and ran us off. To be consistent at the insistance of the Sinton fans he threw out the Odem fans too. There was no warning from him on anyone's behavior - it just came out of the blue. :mad: Of course I obeyed the umpire and left right away. I am so ashamed. :(

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2005, 08:42 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have seen you in action.;)

pirate4state
06-01-2005, 08:44 AM
random :confused: Jeez, that is quite a whoopin' the girls put on Odem!! :eek: :clap: Sorry you were kicked out.

LH Panther Mom
06-01-2005, 08:45 AM
WTG, Phil! ;)

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2005, 08:52 AM
LOL....I love it! A few years ago, my daughter was playing in the all star tournament in Sinton. We were playing Odem for the opportunity to play in the championship game against a team we had already beaten.

We had them 11-1 in the 5th and once the game was called their Coach protested the game for a last minute illegal substitution. You know how it is in Little League, everyone plays a certain amount of bats or an inning in the field. ANYWAY, our coach had sent a girl in but failed to tell the Ump...:mad:

I have never forgiven the Odem coach because it cost us the tournament, 2nd place was a shallow victory and we didn't get to advance. I am still mad..:mad: ;)

GOFOR2
06-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL....I love it! A few years ago, my daughter was playing in the all star tournament in Sinton. We were playing Odem for the opportunity to play in the championship game against a team we had already beaten.

We had them 11-1 in the 5th and once the game was called their Coach protested the game for a last minute illegal substitution. You know how it is in Little League, everyone plays a certain amount of bats or an inning in the field. ANYWAY, our coach had sent a girl in but failed to tell the Ump...:mad:

I have never forgiven the Odem coach because it cost us the tournament, 2nd place was a shallow victory and we didn't get to advance. I am still mad..:mad: ;)

Little League........................................more politics than the State Legislature in Austin.

Phil C
06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
If they lost 11 to 1 they probably didn't get very far if they advanced. Mathis once did the same thing to Odem and no one felt sorry for Odem because they had done it before so things balance out. It is a shame that it had to happen in a very obvious one sided game. If it was a one or two run game I could understand. They need to rewrite that rules especially when the game is obviously one sided. Talk about getting something for nothing.

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Little League........................................more politics than the State Legislature in Austin.

Boy, you got that one right! We stayed at the field on the phone with the officials in Waco for about an hour. I felt really sorry for the tournament director...nice lady, that was in a really awkward situation....

Ranger Mom
06-01-2005, 09:02 AM
You da man PhilC!

I coached a Little League T-Ball team one year...that was enough for me! Loved the kids...hated the parents!!:rolleyes:

Phil C
06-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I never get onto the umpires, refs or other officials because when I was in high school I got to umpire a few pre-season warm up games for little league and this was just warm up games and man did I catch it on the close calls. And I wasn't behind the plate thank goodness but at first base. Since I have been somewhat on that side I don't yell too much at them because I know it is a tough unappreciative job even when you are not getting paid. :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
06-01-2005, 09:20 AM
im shocked phil.. but in a weird way... so very proud :D

Bandera YaYa
06-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Just my 2 cents, but I don't think I would like it if the winning teams fans were telling their players to "swing at anything to end the game"......I'm sure it came across as gloating and jeering to the losing team.....no one wants that kinda stuff thrown in their faces, especially when the score is that bad.....
So, I say shame on you!!!:(

sinton66
06-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Don't they use the ten run rule?

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Don't they use the ten run rule?

Got to complete that 5th inning. I was thinking 4 for league girls, but it must be 5. That last inning can last an eternity sometimes.;)

Phil C
06-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Just my 2 cents, but I don't think I would like it if the winning teams fans were telling their players to "swing at anything to end the game"......I'm sure it came across as gloating and jeering to the losing team.....no one wants that kinda stuff thrown in their faces, especially when the score is that bad.....
So, I say shame on you!!!:(

But what are we supposed to do? Were we supposed to encourage our girls to keep scoring and run it up to 30 and possible 40 points which may not have been an impossibility with the way the game was going? Actually I thought we were showing compassion by trying to keep the score down. And the umpire did not one time stop to correct us as most of them will do if fans are misbehaving which I use loosely in this case. I am ashamed of being throw out :( but not of trying to show compassion by trying to keep the score down and end the game mercifully. They should have a 15 run rule and 20 run rule in this case.

LH Panther Mom
06-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Got to complete that 5th inning. I was thinking 4 for league girls, but it must be 5. That last inning can last an eternity sometimes.;)

That bites! Our little league has 10-run after 4th, but that's thru Broncos. It may be 5 for Pony. :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That bites! Our little league has 10-run after 4th, but that's thru Broncos. It may be 5 for Pony. :thinking:

why are you talking about horses, :D its baseball...

Phil C
06-01-2005, 10:46 AM
If I had been for the losing team last night I would have appreciated the compassion of the other team trying to swing at anything and try to keep the score down and end the game. The Odem team didn't even want to come out for the fifth inning and I don't blame them. I remember one time when Penn State was winning a game big late in the game and to keep the score down Joe Paterno called one of his young players and said "Son what position do you play?" He said "Defensive Tackle." Joe Paterno then said "That is good enough. Go in and play Quarterback."
:D

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2005, 11:25 AM
In similar circumstances, my daughter's coach has sent everyone in to bat left-handed (or right if you are a lefty). I think ending it mercifully is a good thing, if the fans on the winning side aren't laughing, jeering etc...the main objective is to show compassion and not be-little the players of the opposing team, not that ya'll did that...

These games do "bite"......:D

KTJ
06-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Phil C get kicked out of a game?! It's a shocker!

:D

PhiI C
06-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I forgot to mention but this past Monday a week after the other game the same Odem team was supposed to play another Sinton team in Sinton at 8 but the Odem team failed to show up so the game was not played.