PDA

View Full Version : Rough Year for Hirschi

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-31-2005, 06:47 PM
The Hirschi Huskies of Wichita Falls had a tough first year as they dropped down from 4A.

They went 0-10 in football and 0-26 in baseball.

One thing for sure is that those kids have heart as they never quit.

LH Panther Mom
05-31-2005, 06:59 PM
That is rough. Hopefully, the players will be able to keep their positive attitude over the summer & come back ready to play.

mwynn05
05-31-2005, 08:02 PM
That's pretty horrible especially after dropping down how did the basketball team do?

44INAROW
05-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
The Hirschi Huskies of Wichita Falls had a tough first year as they dropped down from 4A.

They went 0-10 in football and 0-26 in baseball.

One thing for sure is that those kids have heart as they never quit.

dang, that's alot of baseball games to play in regular season......

GreenMonster
05-31-2005, 09:23 PM
The baseball team at Hirshi is 0 for the last 3 seasons straight. They are in desperate need of some leadership. The football team has lost twenty some straight games as well. They did get a new head man prior to this past football season and he will get one more season to turn things around before he will get run out of town. Discipline is the number 1 problem over there. I hope that coach has his head screwed on right because there is a ton of talent in that school. All it would take is a real disciplinarian in that job and they could be a perrenial powerhouse.

VWG
05-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Here is my take on WF Hirschi, which used to be a powerhouse in all sports. They used to kick tail back in the 80's and early 90's, making the playoffs regulary. Take a look at their football records back in '83 through '92.
Here's the problem. WFISD opened up the city and decided that no matter where you live in Wichita Falls you could attend the school of your choice, be it WF Rider, WF Hirschi, or Old High.
So, if you lived right across the street from WF Rider but wanted to go to WF Hirschi you could attend Hirschi. Let it be known that once that started the silent recruiting began. Kids in the junior highs started to be swayed to go to a particular school and Hirschi got left out. Think Rider has a stud baseball program because of kids that live right in the Rider area? Doubt it...
Think WF High has a strong basketball squad year in and year out because of kids living right in the WF High neighborhood? Doubt it....
I've been told that coaches in the WFISD try their best to get kids from across the city to come to their respective schools to play ball. It's unfair, but they made that decision years ago and they're sticking with it. Opening up WF City View was a dumb mistake in my estimation also. Why open up a 2A school in between WF Hirschi and Iowa Park area??? Neither of those schools were overcrowded.
It's gotten so bad at Hirschi that rumors flying around say they will make Hirschi a magnet school with no athletic programs, just specified academic programs. Sad case for the Columbia Blue and Red Husky nation.... sad case indeed.

Anybody want to chip in on this?

Matthew328
05-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Hirschi is located in an area of Wichita Falls which has the majority of the best athletes.....I also remember the days when Hirschi was a force in all sports...especially football....I don't like what Wichita Falls has done....same thing is done in Garland also, the thing about Garland is there are enough athletes to go around...this is not the case in Wichita Falls

GreenMonster
06-01-2005, 08:52 AM
VWG is right on all but one thing. WF City View is it's own entity seperate from the WFISD so the people of that part of the city decided to build their own school when the Choice Plan began due to the fact that the WFISD didn't include their kids in that plan. In the Choice plan WFISD students get to choose but transfer students I.E. the City View kids were placed. It was predetermined that City View kids would go to Hirschi and only Hirschi which led to the City View bond election to build it's own school. WFISD was forced to do something because Washington ws crawling down there back about forced busing that they had implemented in the 60's after the Civil Rights issues. Choice plan was the only plan that they submitted that was accepted by Washington so that is the one they went with. Recruiting is an issue. It isn't really well known and the coaches are not as involved as one would think but it does occur.

VWG
06-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
VWG is right on all but one thing. WF City View is it's own entity seperate from the WFISD so the people of that part of the city decided to build their own school when the Choice Plan began due to the fact that the WFISD didn't include their kids in that plan. In the Choice plan WFISD students get to choose but transfer students I.E. the City View kids were placed. It was predetermined that City View kids would go to Hirschi and only Hirschi which led to the City View bond election to build it's own school. WFISD was forced to do something because Washington ws crawling down there back about forced busing that they had implemented in the 60's after the Civil Rights issues. Choice plan was the only plan that they submitted that was accepted by Washington so that is the one they went with. Recruiting is an issue. It isn't really well known and the coaches are not as involved as one would think but it does occur.

I thought City View kids had their choice of either going to Iowa Park or Hirschi? Why couldn't they have gone to Iowa Park?