PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood High School vandalized

Ranger Mom
05-31-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't have all the facts yet. But sometime late Friday night/early Saturday morning, some punks broke into the high school.

They broke huge plate glass windows looking into the gym from the cafeteria, busted the trophy cases, toppled them and threw trophies everywhere. Got into a room full of computers and set them on fire, along with file cabinets (and took a "dump" on one of the computers)! They got a hammer from the woodshop and knocked holes in walls, TV's, pretty much any thing breakable. They broke into the band hole and trashed lots of band instruments. Broke all the fire extinguisher cases....there's more but I can't remember it all. My best friend works for the school and she told me it is TRASHED!!

Early estimates is over $100,000 in damages. I hope they catch these scumbags!!:mad:

AP Panther Fan
05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
This sort of stuff REALLY ticks you off! I hope they catch them also!:mad:

LH Panther Mom
05-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I hope they catch these scumbags!!:mad:

The sooner, the better. :mad: :mad:

ej2525
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
That sucks!! I hope they throw "The Book" at those punks! Guess who gets to pay for that damage??? That's right!! We do.... taxpayers!!!! :clap: :clap:

mustang04
05-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
That sucks!! I hope they throw "The Book" at those punks! Guess who gets to pay for that damage??? That's right!! We do.... taxpayers!!!! :clap: :clap:

all the more reson i wanna beat them

Ranger Mom
05-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
all the more reson i wanna beat them

:thinking: :thinking: Hmmmm.....where were YOU Friday night??

AP Panther Fan
05-31-2005, 03:45 PM
I absolutely hate it when someone that has no clue how hard it is to work for a living and has never made a major purchase of any sort .... can just destroy what someone else has.

We tend to not feel as sorry for a school district, municipality etc....when these things happen...BUT IT IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENT THAN IF THEY BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND DID THIS DAMAGE!!!:mad: :mad:

(I have had my house broken into, can you tell?)

mustang04
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Hmmmm.....where were YOU Friday night??

ummmm....ummmmmmm hehe funny that u ask and i cant remember...uhhh...i was, uh babysitting

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-31-2005, 04:55 PM
Same thing happened in Vernon a few years ago. They caught the 18 year old that did it and he got 10 years in prison. Sent a strong message.

mustang04
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Same thing happened in Vernon a few years ago. They caught the 18 year old that did it and he got 10 years in prison. Sent a strong message.

hmmmm....18 yr old in prison......i feel sry for him...or should i say i feel sry for his tush muahaha

well now hes around 21.....3 years of holding on to the soap for dear life out of the way

AggieJohn
05-31-2005, 05:59 PM
when i was a freshman in high school we had a vandalization happen....you have to picture LHS' back porch to the school...it's about 50 4' by 4' inch glass squares one on top of the other.....well a group of guys broke into the school and punched glass through all of these windows.....they did some minor damage to the school..

however the story got interesting because everyone remembered when that happened but my senior year our local PD acted on a tip that it could of been some of these guys...and they got arrested at the school for what they had done almost four years ago....when i thought everyone had forgot the PD was still searching and was able to convict them

Ranger Mom
05-31-2005, 06:13 PM
WOW!!

I just saw a piece on the news. Every single classroom was hit in some form or fashion. I think the estimated $100,000 is gonna be a very low estimate.

What wasn't busted has paint thrown all over it. There isn't a single door in the high school left with glass in it, unless it was an outside door.

This makes me so mad, we are currently in the process of adding on to our band hall, putting in new science labs, getting our new baseball and softball field installed, getting a brand new roof and a new parking lot and now we have to deal with this on top of all of that!

Bandera YaYa
05-31-2005, 06:44 PM
This is horrible......guess there is no security sysytem in place in schools.....My first thought was the same as yours.....REGGIE, where were you??....haha....but after thinking a bit, might check to see who didn't get to graduate ..????

mustang04
05-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
This is horrible......guess there is no security sysytem in place in schools.....My first thought was the same as yours.....REGGIE, where were you??....haha....but after thinking a bit, might check to see who didn't get to graduate ..????

YOU CANT PROVE ANYTHING!!!

I left NOOOO fingerprints

Bandera YaYa
05-31-2005, 06:56 PM
YOU CANT PROVE ANYTHING!!!

I left NOOOO fingerprints Yeah, but I heard the vandall left behind some shirtless pics......... :eek: :D

KTJ
05-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Is there no sort of silent alarm at the high school?

mustang04
05-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Yeah, but I heard the vandall left behind some shirtless pics......... :eek: :D

hahaha.....wellllll....the only ppl i sent shirtless pix to were u and Rangermom...yall have the only copies i ever got developed...:rolleyes:

hehe

Bandera YaYa
05-31-2005, 07:10 PM
hahaha.....wellllll....the only ppl i sent shirtless pix to were u and Rangermom...yall have the only copies i ever got developed...:rolleyes:

hehe LALALALALALA...........I can't hear you!!!!!!! :p

Ranger Mom
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Is there no sort of silent alarm at the high school?

No....nothing like that! I think we felt too safe out here as far out of town as we are, no one is feeling safe now!

c-town_balla
05-31-2005, 08:55 PM
We had something like this in Cameron. Three kids, former students mind you, broke into our new gym and busted up the place and then painted nazi and other rasist symbols all over the place. They only got probation.:mad:

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2005, 09:04 PM
ummm if he took a dump on a computer... this is gonna sound weird.. can they get DNA from his fecal matter?

Ranger Mom
05-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ummm if he took a dump on a computer... this is gonna sound weird.. can they get DNA from his fecal matter?

Sadly, I thought the same exact thing Aaron!

They have to have a suspect first though, and right now, I don't think they do!

The do know that there was more than one person, because they left shoe marks in the fire extinguisher dust. Also, they were dusting for fingerprints...but can you imagine how many fingerprints would be in a school??

District303aPastPlayer
05-31-2005, 09:13 PM
the shoe markings should make for a break in the case... and sadly... someone is sure to be talking about it

Ranger Mom
06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Here is the article from the paper. The picture at the top is the stage in the auditorium.

Greenwood Vandals (http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14620862&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475626)

Old Green
06-01-2005, 08:18 AM
That's sad that someone would trash a school. :(

spiveyrat
06-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Here is the article from the paper. The picture at the top is the stage in the auditorium.

Greenwood Vandals (http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14620862&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475626)

Holy Cow. With that much damage, they must have been there all night! Someone's going to do some hard time for this one! :eek:

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2005, 08:34 AM
I hope one of the kids "drops a dime" on 'em and they get the maximum punishment. This makes a strong case for crimestopper programs within the school.

sicem74
06-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
We had something like this in Cameron. Three kids, former students mind you, broke into our new gym and busted up the place and then painted nazi and other rasist symbols all over the place. They only got probation.:mad:
racist u mean

spiveyrat
06-03-2005, 01:23 PM
You're correcting someone else's spelling??? Now that's funny!!! :D ROFL!!!

AP Panther Fan
06-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You're correcting someone else's spelling??? Now that's funny!!! :D ROFL!!!

ha,ha,ha....you made me smile (it is pretty darn funny) :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

sicem74
06-03-2005, 01:46 PM
ha AHAHHAHA SIC EM!:mad: :foul: :evil: