PDA

View Full Version : IN DEFENSE OF BURNET FANS ...

pirate4state
09-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Now, I was not happy that our Pirates lost to Burnet last year, but in their defense about their fan following here are some pictures of them at Southwest Texas State Stadium. Granted the picture of the Burnet side is only a small window of their fans, but as someone who was there can, I can tell you there was ALOT of green on their side. I've included a picture of Sinton's side to show the seating (in case you've never been to this stadium) & just imagine the Burnet side with as many (and I suspect MORE) fans on the opposite side. http://www.sintonisd.net/Athletics/Football_Pics/Burnett/B00074.JPG http://www.sintonisd.net/Athletics/Football_Pics/Burnett/B00018.JPG http://www.sintonisd.net/Athletics/Football_Pics/Burnett/B00019.JPG Sorry, for all the pics, but like the old saying goes, 'a picture is worth a thousand words!' wink

<small>[ September 18, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

pirate4state
09-18-2003, 02:59 PM
ttt, I don't want these pictures to go to waste! :D

cunbed10
09-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Hell! They filled Kyle field stadium side against Jasper, I was there, they beat Marlin last year, but we didn't have no hard feelings, as a matter of fact the kids talked after the game and got acquainted with each other.

bd0707
09-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Thanks Pirate, man that was a great day for football. In the end I think it really unified region4.

HotDawg89
09-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks Pirate! I really appreciate the pics! Those are always great to look at! Sinton had lots of people there too! I love it that there is so much support for our kids these days!

3afan
09-18-2003, 03:21 PM
pirate4state:
Now, I was not happy that our Pirates lost to Burnet last year, but in their defense about their fan following here are some pictures of them at Southwest Texas State Stadium. Granted the picture of the Burnet side is only a small window of their fans, but as someone who was there can, I can tell you there was ALOT of green on their side. I've included a picture of Sinton's side to show the seating (in case you've never been to this stadium) & just imagine the Burnet side with as many (and I suspect MORE) fans on the opposite side. Sorry, for all the pics, but like the old saying goes, 'a picture is worth a thousand words!' wink yup, they came out in green that day. just like if it was Cameron they'd have been there in maroon, Marlin purple, Glan Rose red, Forney black, Atlanta maroon, etc. ALL WINNERS FOLLOW THEIR TEAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bd0707
09-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I remember looking at SWT's web site (sport page) and right there on the front page were the top 10 attendance figures for all football games ever played at Bobcat stadium. As it turns out the Burnet/Sinton game would have made #7 on that list! Needless to say they never edited the list to reflect our games attendance.

cunbed10
09-18-2003, 03:33 PM
good job pirate, now show me how it's done, I want to put a little purple on my posts.

pirate4state
09-18-2003, 04:55 PM
check your pm

HornetMom
09-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Great pictures.
Win or lose, I would be happy with a fraction of Burnets fan base. They also support their band at contest with a large number of fans.