PDA

View Full Version : Comparison/Contrast of Burnet and Gainesville

weatherag07
12-06-2003, 09:58 PM
I was wondering if any knowledgable person could provide an unbiased comparison/contrast of the 2 teams? I'm a Burnet fan, but I haven't been following Gainesville, and I was wondering what their strong and weak areas are, so I (and others like me!) could have an idea of what to expect on Saturday.
Thanks so much for any help!! :D

weatherag07
12-06-2003, 10:37 PM
ttt

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 04:06 AM
ttt

olddawggreen
12-07-2003, 11:18 AM
ttt

sinton66
12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
I haven't seen Gainesville either, so I just fell back on my system. Based on DataPoll, Burnet comes into this game with a 4.23 to 1 pf/pa ratio. Gainesville comes in with a 5.14 to 1 ratio. Take the difference, multiply by 7 and Gainesville will be a 6 point favorite in my system. Anything less than a SOLID 7 point pick in my system is considered a toss-up. Statistically speaking, this could be another photo finish IMO.

All that said, no system is perfect, and there is no practical way to prejudge the emotions of high school kids. I'll be rooting for my R4 rep, but anything can happen at this level. You can throw out all the strength of schedule arguments at this point, both teams have been tested.

Keith7
12-07-2003, 01:41 PM
I am biased towards Gainesville..

pirate_playa_13
12-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Gainesville is filled with talent and speed just as Burnet is. Darcel McBath is the go to guy when Chris Brown decides to throw...he is lethal. Terrius Purvey is speedy halfback that can make a move on pretty much anyone. One or two jukes and he could be in the endzone. Chris Brown is threat through the air and on the ground. The Gainesville Leopards defense has speed just like Burnet. Look for Shipley or Warner on McBath, and Kuhn or Taras to take Purvey out from the backfield. Kelley Taylor should pressure Chris Brown and keep him on his toes. Good luck Burnet and Gainesville on your ultimate dream...the 3A State Championship.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE...

Keith7
12-07-2003, 01:51 PM
pirate_playa_13:
Gainesville is filled with talent and speed just as Burnet is. Darcel McBath is the go to guy when Chris Brown decides to throw...he is lethal. Terrius Purvey is speedy halfback that can make a move on pretty much anyone. One or two jukes and he could be in the endzone. Chris Brown is threat through the air and on the ground. The Gainesville Leopards defense has speed just like Burnet. Look for Shipley or Warner on McBath, and Kuhn or Taras to take Purvey out from the backfield. Kelley Taylor should pressure Chris Brown and keep him on his toes. Good luck Burnet and Gainesville on your ultimate dream...the 3A State Championship.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE...well said

pirate_playa_13
12-07-2003, 03:09 PM
I feel like this is a game that no one is really going to run away with...this is going to be a hard fought victory as pretty much all high school games are...the only difference is that it is for the coveted 3A State Title...both teams are amazing and very explosive in my eyes...one miscue could for any of these two teams could mean the game...Burnet is extremely talented on both sides of the ball with Stephen McGee at the helm...Jordan Shipley and Cody Warner at wide recievers, and the defensive back position...Chris Levens who will be the sleeper in this game because to tell you the truth when we played them in the regional finals he ran all over us...I never saw him play before we played them and he surprised me tremendously...Ty Kuhn is dominant at the linebacker spot as well as Austin Taras...Kelley Taylor is a dominant pass rusher and should keep Chris Brown on the run...for the Gainesville Leopards Chris Brown is a threat on the ground as well as the air...Terrius Purvey #8 is quick and speedy back...who will make you miss if you are not careful...one juke here and one juke there and he will be gone...Jordan Shipley and Warner should be able to keep up with him if he takes off or Ty Kuhn can just stop him at the line...however against Abilene Wylie he was limited during the second half due to a hip injury...Darcel McBath is fast and quick at the wide reciever spot and is Chris Brown's #1 target when passing...he is also a lethal return man, and can easily take it for 6 at any given moment...Gainesville's "D" is fast, quick, and fairly big...they can swarm to the football easily...Dylan Buck at the defensive end spot will the lead the Leopard pass rush to keep Texas A&M prospect Stephen McGee on his toes...look for this to be a matchup of two explosive offenses and two dominant defenses!! Good luck to both teams!!!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE...

weatherag07
12-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys!

Keith7
12-07-2003, 10:02 PM
pirate_playa_13:
I feel like this is a game that no one is really going to run away with...this is going to be a hard fought victory as pretty much all high school games are...the only difference is that it is for the coveted 3A State Title...both teams are amazing and very explosive in my eyes...one miscue could for any of these two teams could mean the game...Burnet is extremely talented on both sides of the ball with Stephen McGee at the helm...Jordan Shipley and Cody Warner at wide recievers, and the defensive back position...Chris Levens who will be the sleeper in this game because to tell you the truth when we played them in the regional finals he ran all over us...I never saw him play before we played them and he surprised me tremendously...Ty Kuhn is dominant at the linebacker spot as well as Austin Taras...Kelley Taylor is a dominant pass rusher and should keep Chris Brown on the run...for the Gainesville Leopards Chris Brown is a threat on the ground as well as the air...Terrius Purvey #8 is quick and speedy back...who will make you miss if you are not careful...one juke here and one juke there and he will be gone...Jordan Shipley and Warner should be able to keep up with him if he takes off or Ty Kuhn can just stop him at the line...however against Abilene Wylie he was limited during the second half due to a hip injury...Darcel McBath is fast and quick at the wide reciever spot and is Chris Brown's #1 target when passing...he is also a lethal return man, and can easily take it for 6 at any given moment...Gainesville's "D" is fast, quick, and fairly big...they can swarm to the football easily...Dylan Buck at the defensive end spot will the lead the Leopard pass rush to keep Texas A&M prospect Stephen McGee on his toes...look for this to be a matchup of two explosive offenses and two dominant defenses!! Good luck to both teams!!!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE...You are very informed and unbiased