PDA

View Full Version : Crawford Athletics

Over-rated2004
05-31-2005, 08:20 AM
Crawford is OVER-RATED! It is rumored that Crawford recruits their players. Now that BUSH lives in that arm pit of a town, the A.D. figures he can get an athlete he desires.
Crawford Pirates=OVER RATED

Has anybody else heard this rumor?

HighSchool Fan
05-31-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Over-rated2004
Crawford is OVER-RATED! It is rumored that Crawford recruits their players. Now that BUSH lives in that arm pit of a town, the A.D. figures he can get an athlete he desires.

no, people are just hating on them since they won the state championship last year.

Over-rated2004
05-31-2005, 08:27 AM
I disagree! They go from winning two to three games a year. And now winning state in football and probally baseball. Hummm somthing just don't sound right.

HighSchool Fan
05-31-2005, 08:37 AM
I disagree! They go from winning two to three games a year. And now winning state in football and probally baseball. Hummm somthing just don't sound right.

something don't sound right?? listen a little longer and you will hear the sound of jealousy

rhs78
05-31-2005, 08:48 AM

i have not heard of a rumor, but i have seen lots of programs being turned around and winning,its not unheard of!!! thats probably is what has happen at Crawford,they also started using rightguard!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
05-31-2005, 08:59 AM

1) Winning a state championship does not make a team OVER-RATED!
2) I doubt very seriously the AD gives a hoot who lives there.

Until proven otherwise, rumor is all it is. As rhs78 said, plenty of programs have turn-around seasons. Look at Cameron's '03 & '04 seasons. Look at Liberty Hill's seasons prior to 2001. I could do a little research & provide numerous examples. I suggest you don't continue with this.

big daddy russ
05-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Back when I was in HS (eight years ago) Sinton was just getting its football program up and running again. They had a good tradition but up until my senior year they were one of the bottom-feeders of the district. Then they got things rolling during the '97 season with a little playoff run and look at where it's taken them.

Another example, one that's even better than Sinton, is Mathis. My senior year they were the worst 3A team in the Corpus Christi area. Undisciplined, lazy and lacking any heart whatsoever. Two years later they made it to the State Championship (with many of the same players) almost exclusively on being disciplined, hard-working and having more heart than just about any team they played. It's just too bad they didn't have enough talent to match up with Liberty-Eylau in the finals. You'd be surprised at what a little change in attitude can do. If the kids come to love hard work you can do just about anything you want with them. That Mathis team had maybe three college prospects vs. a Liberty-Eylau team with at least six (two of which were D-1 material).

KTJ
05-31-2005, 10:01 AM
This has to be the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board.

So because they go from winning 3-4 games a year to winning a State Championship means they are recruiting? By that logic, everyone who turns their season around to go deep in the playoffs must be cheating. And it also sounds like a.) you are jealous because they beat you knocking you out of the playoffs, b.) you're 7 years old, and c.) you think that they must always win 3-4 games a year and can/should never improve.

HighSchool Fan
05-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
you think that they must always win 3-4 games a year and can/should never improve.

that's whitesboro :D

GreenMonster
05-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Who cares, it's Class A. Last time I checked this was the 3A Downlown. Get a life and get over it, or better yet if you can't beat 'em join 'em. Then you can be OVER-RATED with them.

AggieJohn
05-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This has to be the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board.

So because they go from winning 3-4 games a year to winning a State Championship means they are recruiting? By that logic, everyone who turns their season around to go deep in the playoffs must be cheating. And it also sounds like a.) you are jealous because they beat you knocking you out of the playoffs, b.) you're 7 years old, and c.) you think that they must always win 3-4 games a year and can/should never improve.

i'm going with option B for the rook

Old Tiger
05-31-2005, 01:00 PM
OVER-RATED! That is what you and your post are, nevermind, you're just plain ignorant.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This has to be the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board. i agree.

c-town_balla
05-31-2005, 02:27 PM
i've got some firends that moved for Cameron to Crawford and they are some super studs at sports and they weren't even on Varsity. They say because of a very talented Sr. class this last year. There may be a drop-off this year however. and it AA

Old Tiger
05-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
i've got some firends that moved for Cameron to Crawford and they are some super studs at sports and they weren't even on Varsity. They say because of a very talented Sr. class this last year. There may be a drop-off this year however. and it AA You don't have any friends Nick, j/k

HighSchool Fan
05-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
and it AA

yes they are, they beat the mighty Celina Bobcats last year...it was great.

Holmes_Fans
05-31-2005, 04:40 PM

not too improbable, especially in 1A/2A where 1/2 players can turn a program completely around

sicem74
05-31-2005, 11:06 PM
yall are haters jus let it go they just are a good team
lol dang

Phantom Stang
05-31-2005, 11:18 PM
They don't have to recruit.
I hear Dubya just threatens the refs with tax audits.:p

Old Tiger
06-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
They don't have to recruit.
I hear Dubya just threatens the refs with tax audits.:p lol :D :clap:

sicem74
06-01-2005, 11:02 AM
nice sig

LeonJr
06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
I have a brother in-law who played on that State Champ team and I can assure you that nobody was recruited. They all grow up togather as kids. The only people to blame for winning are the coaches. They are a good group of coaches.