PDA

View Full Version : District 13AAA Stadiums

Buckeyeman
05-30-2005, 11:30 PM
It was reported earlier that Gilmer was getting new artificial turf installed in Buckeye Stadium this summer and now it is being reported that Pittsburg is also getting new turf installed in Pirate Stadium. That means that 3 of the 5 schools in district 13AAA will have artificial turf in their stadiums. The other one being Gladewater.

VWG
05-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Turf??? Come on guys. Where's the love for the "old school" grass? I know turf is the latest craze, no more watering the field, less work, etc.... but what about football the way it was meant to be played, on real grass. You know, where it gets muddy when it rains, and hard when it's cold, something to factor in on game days. Is baseball the only sport left that utilizes natural grass anymore?

Phantom Stang
05-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by VWG
but what about football the way it was meant to be played, on real grass. You know, where it gets muddy when it rains, and hard when it's cold, something to factor in on game days.
Sounds like VWG is a Turf salesman.:D

JHS_c/o_06'
05-31-2005, 01:34 PM
I wouldnt play on anything else but grass at home.

Bandera YaYa
05-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm with you.....gotta be real grass for high school football...... :)

Buckeyeman
05-31-2005, 08:25 PM
This fall Gilmer will play only 2 regular season games on real grass-at Daingerfield and Sabine.

Ranger Mom
05-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Greenwood had new real grass put down a couple of years ago. We looked into turf but told it would not be cost effective unless we had a bowl like field because of the cotton field across the street. They figured with the way the wind blows here, the turf would be shredded in about 2-3 years.