PDA

View Full Version : Baylor Baseball

c-town_balla
05-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Baylor got a very difficult Regional with TCU and Stanford better watch out. Texas got it easy with only Arkansas being a threat at all. Standford is off but watch out they can mash.

VWG
05-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Check your spelling or you won't make it in to Stanford, one of the highly credited academic schools in the nation. Baylor can play. Went to the Big 12 tournament this past weekend.
Baylor should advance, as they have an outstanding ballclub.
TCU will shut down anybody they face as long as Lance Broadway is pitching. He is the real deal and was the Conf. USA pitcher of the year.

Diocletian
05-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
all. Standford is off but watch out they can mash.

no problem I can't STANDford either lol rofl!!!

sicem74
05-30-2005, 09:46 PM
lol ctownballa cant spell j/k

Diocletian
05-30-2005, 09:49 PM
who needs to spell when you got moves on moves and drives on drives.........rofl!!

sahen
05-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Luckily TCU and Stanford will play in round 1 of the regional, thats in waco by the way...I actually think TCU will beat Stanford, this year TCU has a very good team and Stanford is down...Just look at the rankings for proof of this TCU is 24 and Stanford is no where to be found...Baylor should be able to advance to super regionals, as indicated by it's number 4 national seed, but it is baseball and anything can happen especially if one of the other 3 team's pitching staffs can find a way to keep the Baylor bats quiet...

KTJ
05-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Baylor got a very difficult Regional with TCU and Stanford better watch out. Texas got it easy with only Arkansas being a threat at all. Standford is off but watch out they can mash.

How did we "get it easy"? We're not even hosting a super regional. We do, however, get matched up with Ole Miss in the Super Regional round so there is a chance they could lose and we'd end up hosting. But I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

The system was set up so the top 8 national seeds--this is where Baylor comes in--can make it to Omaha. So technically, Baylor has an easier road since practically all of your games will be in Waco.

sahen
05-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
How did we "get it easy"? We're not even hosting a super regional. We do, however, get matched up with Ole Miss in the Super Regional round so there is a chance they could lose and we'd end up hosting. But I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

The system was set up so the top 8 national seeds--this is where Baylor comes in--can make it to Omaha. So technically, Baylor has an easier road since practically all of your games will be in Waco.

i think he was just thinking about the regional round...the teams in UT's regional are not waht most poeple would call great for this year...even arkansas is having a down year which seems to be the biggest threat in there.....however you are right, if you have to play mississippi in oxford it will be very tuff....in my opinion UT's regional is easier than Baylor's but Baylor's road is easier since they would get to play their hardest team (which should be Clemson if the seeds work out) in Waco whereas UT has to go to Mississippi if their seeds work out.....

by the way anyone see how Rice got stuck in the Baton Rouge Regional? they could really spoil LSU's party and then Tulane's in the super regional...Rice beating LSU and Tulane is very possible, it probably wont happen but i wouldnt be shocked if it did....