PDA

View Full Version : Finally a Region III finals series coming up

Old Cardinal
05-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Bridge City vs Lufkin Hudson--both teams have left some great teams in their paths to the top of Region III

Comments and Projections?

BHBrave08
05-28-2005, 09:45 PM
I think that Lufkin Hudson has Bridge City beat. I think that Hudson's just to much for BC.

Brahma73
05-28-2005, 09:46 PM
OC, were you there today? I looked for you and MAC but couldn't find either of you. My wife and I sat with some friends from Columbus. Some nail-biting finish, huh?

Good luck, BC!

Old Cardinal
05-28-2005, 09:59 PM
To Brahma: I did not attend this game today I was at a big Select team tournament at Ford Park Beaumont. Would have liked to see you again....

Old Cardinal
05-29-2005, 09:37 PM
I have seen both of these teams play and it is a real tossup. I would say that each, have one of the two best proven top pitchers around. I saw Brandon Belt against WO-S and he won the game over a tough Mustang team. I have seen Kevin Angelle who was a Sophomore All-Stater last year and he will play Professional someday. This is a head-on collision of two premier teams trying to win Region III.

Incidently, Broc Haymon, BCs other Pitcher(besides Angelle) in the 16 & u National Championship rotation is apparently recovering pretty well from his recent operation. He is already hitting 87 mph this soon after starting conditioning.
I look for Broc to be a consistant 94 mph by next season.
He will join Kevin Angelle and that twosome will be quite stout as Seniors in 3A baseball. Next year may prove to be a good season for BC baseball.

Astrosdawg07
05-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Do we know any details? I would think Jasper would be a possible location.

ALLSPORTSGUY
05-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Do we know any details? I would think Jasper would be a possible location.

It will be played in Humble, Thursday 7:30, Saturday 1:00 and then third game 30 minutes after if needed.

Old Cardinal
06-02-2005, 02:54 PM
The weather looks perfect. This should be the beginning of a great series. Do you throw your best? Do you sandbag for the Saturday 1 pm game? These teams have eliminated some top-flight teams to get this far. Congratulations to the eventual winner: you have beaten some great teams to get this far! LOL

exbccards76'smom
06-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Bridge City wins 3-2. The pitcher Angelle drove in the winning run in the bottom of the 8th inning. Second game starts at one on Saturday.

BCsportfan
06-03-2005, 12:35 AM
I was really impressed with both teams tonight. The hudson kids jumped out early and just couldn't quite hold on long enough. The pitching was great from both kids as I thought the umpire was pretty much inconsistant all night for both pitchers. They did a good job overcoming it. Tonight I was treated to one of the better baseball games I have ever seen at the high school level and I'm glad it turned out the way it did, but either of these teams will represent region 3 very well. Kevin you did an exc. job on the mound and in the batters box! Congrats. Nice shot Johnny D.