PDA

View Full Version : If you could coach, what sport would it be?

KTJ
05-28-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm bored...it's 10 A.M. and the Longhorns play Baylor on FSN in about 3 minutes. I went to the Softball game last night and I'm going again today, which hopefully it will stop raining, and I'm hungry. So all of that means crazy, useless posts by KTJ. :) (sidenote--for those into BIg 12 softball, Bethune-Cookman is a very POWERFUL team. Those girls never quit and I see why they beat the Florida Gators in that regional.)

So what sport(s) would you coach? This is a post meant in fun so don't worry about having experience or thinking you could do a good job. Just hypothetically, if you had the chance...

For me:

1.) Basketball
2.) Track
*3.) Football (While I can always sit in the stands at DKR [and at away games] and critique UT all the time, I don't think I could actually coach football more or less I could be a conditioning coach and a motivational coach.)

sicem74
05-28-2005, 10:17 AM
mines would be cross country so i wouldnt do nuttin just tell the kids start runnin:hairpunk:

Rabbit'93
05-28-2005, 11:55 AM
1. Baseball
2. Football
3. Basketball

BHBrave08
05-28-2005, 12:01 PM
1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Track

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
mines would be cross country so i wouldnt do nuttin just tell the kids start runnin:hairpunk:

LOL! Good one! :D

Necked
05-28-2005, 12:36 PM
It would be a tough job, but I would be interested in coaching the American version of the Swedish Bikini Team...

vet93
05-28-2005, 12:38 PM
1. Football
2. Track (Shot and Discus)

sicem74
05-28-2005, 01:09 PM
shot n disc rocks!

HighSchool Fan
05-28-2005, 01:58 PM
is ladies mud wrestling considered a sport??

Diocletian
05-28-2005, 03:08 PM
It would have to be football. It is the most complex sport requiring the most detailed instructions from any coach....therefore making it the most challenging, and we all know the better the challenge the more exciting the wins can be...

sicem74
05-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan

lol we wish it was 1 lol j/k:D

AggieJohn
05-28-2005, 03:59 PM
skeet shooting.....

Bandera YaYa
05-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
It would have to be football. It is the most complex sport requiring the most detailed instructions from any coach....therefore making it the most challenging, and we all know the better the challenge the more exciting the wins can be... Of course, if I were a coach, the world would be square, but football is a tad too slow moving for me.....Basketball would be my choice.....love those split seceond decisions you gotta make, therefore make it the most challenging....uh, in my opinion, of course...... :rolleyes: :D

lepfan
05-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Did you skip grammar class?
:confused:

sicem74
05-28-2005, 09:30 PM
no i jus write like that ima sophmore dang

Diocletian
05-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Of course, if I were a coach, the world would be square, but football is a tad too slow moving for me.....Basketball would be my choice.....love those split seceond decisions you gotta make, therefore make it the most challenging....uh, in my opinion, of course...... :rolleyes: :D

well when I'm running up and down the court planning my drive to the hoop, "i'm surely not worried about being bulldozed down by 11 other 300lb 6+ footers".....hence the moral of my state of mind would need some coaching and motivational expertise. Football is more violent and a higher amount of bravery is needed to play, in turn coaching would obviously be far more important......

TheDOCTORdre
05-28-2005, 09:52 PM
its gotta be football for me, if its not then I'm gonna be wasting my life:D

lepfan
05-28-2005, 10:44 PM
no i jus write like that ima sophmore dang

Oh, ummmm --- ok whatever floats your boat. (but it does make it look like you are of the lower intelligence level ;) )

sicem74
05-28-2005, 10:51 PM
u say so
:evil:

Bandera YaYa
05-28-2005, 11:12 PM
well when I'm running up and down the court planning my drive to the hoop, "i'm surely not worried about being bulldozed down by 11 other 300lb 6+ footers".....hence the moral of my state of mind would need some coaching and motivational expertise. Football is more violent and a higher amount of bravery is needed to play, in turn coaching would obviously be far more important...... "a higher amount of bravery'????? With all the padding football players wear compared to ZERO on the BB court....but once again, just opinions here....yours and mine....

mwynn05
05-28-2005, 11:16 PM
well when I'm running up and down the court planning my drive to the hoop, "i'm surely not worried about being bulldozed down by 11 other 300lb 6+ footers".....hence the moral of my state of mind would need some coaching and motivational expertise. Football is more violent and a higher amount of bravery is needed to play, in turn coaching would obviously be far more important...... If you're are saying (not saying that you are im not sure) basketball is not a contact sport then you really dont have a clue what you are talking about.

District303aPastPlayer
05-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Tennis
Football
Basketball

vet93
05-29-2005, 09:19 AM
YaYa....I have to agree with diocletian on this one. While I enjoy basketball and it is faster paced in-between plays I don't believe that it is the most challenging to play and coach. When the ball snaps, football is just as fast paced (especially if you are down on the field). In regards to contact and courage....basketball has fairly strict limitations on contact. That does not mean that there is no contact.....body-up defense, hard fouls etc....are a part of the game. On the other hand football is all about contact....You are trying to knock your opponent around. Yes they wear pads, if they didn't, we would not have the sport that you know as modern football because it requires too much abuse to the body. Ask the guy on Panther Power's sig how important those pads are to your well being...he only escaped with a concussion and broken jaw.....In regards to strategy....Football is more challenging because you simply have twice as many people to coach together as a team...there is more role-playing and much less overlap in terms of responsibility. In the end....football is more challenging physically (not cardiovascularly) and requires a higher degree of coaching expertise to coordinate the many facets of the game.

Pmoney
05-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Football
Basketball
Powerlifting

Old Tiger
05-29-2005, 02:27 PM
1. Football
2. Track
3. Powerlifting

Astrosdawg07
05-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Baseball

Bandera YaYa
05-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by vet93
YaYa....I have to agree with diocletian on this one. While I enjoy basketball and it is faster paced in-between plays I don't believe that it is the most challenging to play and coach. When the ball snaps, football is just as fast paced (especially if you are down on the field). In regards to contact and courage....basketball has fairly strict limitations on contact. That does not mean that there is no contact.....body-up defense, hard fouls etc....are a part of the game. On the other hand football is all about contact....You are trying to knock your opponent around. Yes they wear pads, if they didn't, we would not have the sport that you know as modern football because it requires too much abuse to the body. Ask the guy on Panther Power's sig how important those pads are to your well being...he only escaped with a concussion and broken jaw.....In regards to strategy....Football is more challenging because you simply have twice as many people to coach together as a team...there is more role-playing and much less overlap in terms of responsibility. In the end....football is more challenging physically (not cardiovascularly) and requires a higher degree of coaching expertise to coordinate the many facets of the game. Well, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion....I like basketball better and feel it's very much a hard physical sport, as well as being challenging to coach....I have higher regards for a basketball coach than I do a football coach....but again, JUST MY OPINION.

WOS1
05-29-2005, 09:14 PM
1. Football

2. Baseball

Diocletian
05-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Average salary for NBA coach......1.2 Mill
Average salary for NFL coach.......2.5 Mill

Bandera YaYa
05-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Average salary for NBA coach......1.2 Mill
Average salary for NFL coach.......2.5 Mill LOL......another reason I like NBA coaches better!!!!! :p :D

mwynn05
05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Vet from what youare saying about the # of players I would think football would be easier to coach yu have a lot more coaches in basketball we only had 2 for about 30 guys

Diocletian
05-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
LOL......another reason I like NBA coaches better!!!!! :p :D

so u like 1.2 mill better than 2.5 mill?

odd choice I would go for the money myself

Bandera YaYa
05-29-2005, 10:32 PM
so u like 1.2 mill better than 2.5 mill?

odd choice I would go for the money myself Yeah, that's what I said.......I would like to think a coach coaches for the love of the game......call me a romantic...AGAIN, just my opinion here

JHS_c/o_06'
05-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan

No...lol....but they 'say' cheerleading is!!!:D

VWG
05-30-2005, 10:12 AM
That's a tough question. Love football and baseball.
So... since they're in two different times of the year, I would coach both!

big daddy russ
05-31-2005, 01:44 AM
1. Baseball
2. Hoops
3. Girls Volleyball, preferrably at the college level.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-31-2005, 04:48 AM
my 3 sports would be Football then powerlifting then track. id kinda perfer to be conditioning coach. id also like to think i wouldnt do a half bad job at it.

HighSchool Fan
05-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Vet from what youare saying about the # of players I would think football would be easier to coach yu have a lot more coaches in basketball we only had 2 for about 30 guys

i think the mavericks have more coaches than players