PDA

View Full Version : More about Gainesville

oldengray1
10-29-2003, 12:03 PM
I would like to know more about the team-What are their strengths, do the ru or pass more, who are the players that make the big plays, what size is their line, all that stuff. They sound like an awesome team and are rated # 1 in some polls.

thunder
10-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Fast Fast Fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jason
10-29-2003, 12:11 PM
oldengray1:
I would like to know more about the team-What are their strengths, do the ru or pass more, who are the players that make the big plays, what size is their line, all that stuff. They sound like an awesome team and are rated # 1 in some polls.i believe burnet is #1 in every poll

oldengray1
10-29-2003, 12:39 PM
How good are they? Can they beat ForneY?

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2003, 01:05 PM
oldengray1:
How good are they? Can they beat ForneY?can they? yes

will they? who knows?

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2003, 01:06 PM
jason:

oldengray1:
I would like to know more about the team-What are their strengths, do the ru or pass more, who are the players that make the big plays, what size is their line, all that stuff. They sound like an awesome team and are rated # 1 in some polls.i believe burnet is #1 in every pollexcept for one guy who voted in the AP poll :D :D :D . Give him credit for originality :D

Keith7
10-29-2003, 01:23 PM
oldengray1:
I would like to know more about the team-What are their strengths, do the ru or pass more, who are the players that make the big plays, what size is their line, all that stuff. They sound like an awesome team and are rated # 1 in some polls.Of course everyone knows Gainesville's biggest strength is speed.. we have tons of it.. Our line is really undersized, the average weight is around 200.. Our best player in my opinion is Terrius Purvey, he is nearing 1000 yards, and already has 18 rushing touch downs, he is our running back averages 10 yards a carry, he can stop on a dime and be up to speed in just a few steps, hes patient in finding his holes but when he finds one, he is gone.. Our QB Chris Brown has 1,000 yards passing and 400 yards rushing, and makes good audibles.. our best receiver is Darcel McBath, he has almost 500 yards receiving and is commited to TCU..But Our new coacing staff has the team pumped up, I am still friends with alot of the people on the team and they give all the credit to this years success to the coaching staff they do a great job coming up with game plans to support one of the best defenses in state... Our Defense has only given up 35 points in 8 games.. Our Defense's leading tackler is MLB Jeremy Franklin who is only a sophmore.. the only weaknesses we possably have is being undersized, but i think we proved we could over come that after going up against a huge Celina Line that averaged 270 lbs...
I dont know if this helped u understand more about our team (Gainesville) , but if your wanting to know anything else about the team then just ask

jason
10-29-2003, 01:30 PM
crzyjournalist03:

jason:

oldengray1:
I would like to know more about the team-What are their strengths, do the ru or pass more, who are the players that make the big plays, what size is their line, all that stuff. They sound like an awesome team and are rated # 1 in some polls.i believe burnet is #1 in every pollexcept for one guy who voted in the AP poll :D :D :D . Give him credit for originality :D true, but one first plave vote doesnt = a first place ranking (the guy who voted was prolly from gainesville anyways)

Keith7
10-29-2003, 01:37 PM
jason:

crzyjournalist03:

jason:

oldengray1:
I would like to know more about the team-What are their strengths, do the ru or pass more, who are the players that make the big plays, what size is their line, all that stuff. They sound like an awesome team and are rated # 1 in some polls.i believe burnet is #1 in every pollexcept for one guy who voted in the AP poll :D :D :D . Give him credit for originality :D true, but one first plave vote doesnt = a first place ranking (the guy who voted was prolly from gainesville anyways)Yall wont give Gainesville credit until we beat u again huh

repeat2002
10-29-2003, 01:59 PM
The latest Harris Poll has G'ville ranked #1 and Burnet #2

oldengray1
10-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks, Keith 7. What about run vs pass? Are the %'s about even? Good special teams? Good punter?
How about the linebackers? Waht base defense do they run? How fast is your fastest receiver and your QB & tailback, and safety? I am getting more interested in this team all the time. How would you matchup with Everman-I have a feeling they are not out of the hunt. The coaching staff is great and they have great athletes who are getting the experience they need. Oh, and thanks for actually answering my question

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Keith7:

jason:

crzyjournalist03:

jason:

oldengray1:
I would like to know more about the team-What are their strengths, do the ru or pass more, who are the players that make the big plays, what size is their line, all that stuff. They sound like an awesome team and are rated # 1 in some polls.i believe burnet is #1 in every pollexcept for one guy who voted in the AP poll :D :D :D . Give him credit for originality :D true, but one first plave vote doesnt = a first place ranking (the guy who voted was prolly from gainesville anyways)Yall wont give Gainesville credit until we beat u again huhjust wondering, has Gainesville ever played Forney in a REAL game? They haven't since I can remember.

westcoast54
10-29-2003, 03:31 PM
The Leopards are for real. If they can stay focused, they should get a shot at Forney. They have not played Forney in a Real game, but they did scrimmage them this year and it was ugly. Even though Forney was larger in most areas they couldn't match up with the speed factor. Now, Forney's stud RB did not play but I don't think it will matter is these two meet. Size is nice, but Speed kills.

Keith7
10-29-2003, 04:29 PM
oldengray1:
Thanks, Keith 7. What about run vs pass? Are the %'s about even? Good special teams? Good punter?
How about the linebackers? Waht base defense do they run? How fast is your fastest receiver and your QB & tailback, and safety? I am getting more interested in this team all the time. How would you matchup with Everman-I have a feeling they are not out of the hunt. The coaching staff is great and they have great athletes who are getting the experience they need. Oh, and thanks for actually answering my questionwe normally run a 5-2 defense, but we have a 4-3 and a 4-4 package too, our fastest receiver runs prolly a 4.4, thats Darcel Mcbath he also plays safety, our QB is prolly a 4.5, and Terrius our RB prolly runs a quick 4.4 they all have great speed our line backers are both about 5'11" 180, Jeremy Franklin is alot faster then the other prolly runs a 4.6, and the other one Shawn Thomas is the same size and runs maybe a 4.7/4.8...
We use a spread offense, the tight end isnt involved much at all.. Both of our defensive ends are relativly small, one is just 150 lbs. but was the state powerlifting champion, and the other is about 190, but quick.. like I said our team is pretty small compared to most but their speed puts them in position to make big plays any play

oldengray1
10-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks, Sounds like a different kind of a challenge for most teams-not too many game plan around pure quickness and speed. Things must happen fast

Keith7
10-29-2003, 05:38 PM
oldengray1:
Thanks, Sounds like a different kind of a challenge for most teams-not too many game plan around pure quickness and speed. Things must happen fastOh and our team has 228 rushing attempts between 9 runners (including back ups), Terrius Purvey has just 94... and we have done 122 pass attempts (including back ups) if that gives u an idea on our offensive attack

Matthew328
10-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Gainesville will be able to score on anyone..they prolly can match up pretty good with Burnet becuase of their secondary...I dunno how well they'll match up against a team that can run the ball right at em..ie Forney, Everman

Rabbit'93
10-29-2003, 06:07 PM
yes Gville beat forney in the '89 Area round. They beat us pretty bad if I remember correctly.

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Rabbit'93:
yes Gville beat forney in the '89 Bi-district round. They beat us pretty bad if I remember correctly.thanks for the info!

Keith7
12-10-2003, 12:37 AM
ttt