PDA

View Full Version : For Old Cardinal

HighSchool Fan
05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
http://www.gainesvilleregister.com/articles/2005/05/27/news/news1.txt

this is another reason that gainesville stays 3a.

Old Cardinal
05-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Thank you HSfan: That was an interesting article. There is some duplicity in the Superintendent's statement! The TX State Law of 1994 says he can't coerce these people in any way yet that is what he plans to do.
I was on a Orange County Jury about a case in Vidor ISD in Vidor, TX. A young ninth grader age youth of strong Christian background and his parents decided to home-school. When the Superintendent went on a rampage before us the Jury the lawyer out of Houston(who had been home-schooled)-- ate his lunch before us with legal cases and interpertation of TX state law!
The youth had taken a recent test and had jumped from 9th grade to 12 grade in just 10 months-- on standard achievement test. The screaming Superintentent claimed it had to be a bogus test. That fell through when the Houston Lawyer showed that the test was administered by a certified Texas testing person and was in fact valid.
They gave the 12 of us a stack of workbooks at least a foot high of the boy's work done in that 10 months of home schooling to scan.
We acquitted the boy and his parents within one hour of deliberation.
As we were trying to leave the building the same Superintendent started to "tell us all off" I personally told him that if he spent some viable time trying to lower the violence and paganism practices in his school instead for trying to jail Christian parents attempting to embrace an alternative learning method that he would be better serving the children and taxpayers of his District.

Now as to your intent of this thread--You previously said that the schools in our area were trying to stay under the 3A enrollment limit. Jasper, Silsbee, and West Orange-Start are all in relatively larger Districts of 9,000 or less population and were forced by enrollment to drop down to 3A.
Gainesville population is roughly DOUBLE that. I have heard that Gainesville is being investigated about the enrollment methodology used. Maybe this personal attack on the home schoolers and their parents is just a smoke-screen to coverup some other "adjustments" having been made in the past.

etbu
05-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Old Cardinal: Just wondering what do you do for a living?

HighSchool Fan
05-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Thank you HSfan: That was an interesting article. There is some duplicity in the Superintendent's statement! The TX State Law of 1994 says he can't coerce these people in any way yet that is what he plans to do.
I was on a Orange County Jury about a case in Vidor ISD in Vidor, TX. A young ninth grader age youth of strong Christian background and his parents decided to home-school. When the Superintendent went on a rampage before us the Jury the lawyer out of Houston(who had been home-schooled)-- ate his lunch before us with legal cases and interpertation of TX state law!
The youth had taken a recent test and had jumped from 9th grade to 12 grade in just 10 months-- on standard achievement test. The screaming Superintentent claimed it had to be a bogus test. That fell through when the Houston Lawyer showed that the test was administered by a certified Texas testing person and was in fact valid.
They gave the 12 of us a stack of workbooks at least a foot high of the boy's work done in that 10 months of home schooling to scan.
We acquitted the boy and his parents within one hour of deliberation.
As we were trying to leave the building the same Superintendent started to "tell us all off" I personally told him that if he spent some viable time trying to lower the violence and paganism practices in his school instead for trying to jail Christian parents attempting to embrace an alternative learning method that he would be better serving the children and taxpayers of his District.

Now as to your intent of this thread--You previously said that the schools in our area were trying to stay under the 3A enrollment limit. Jasper, Silsbee, and West Orange-Start are all in relatively larger Districts of 9,000 or less population and were forced by enrollment to drop down to 3A.
Gainesville population is roughly DOUBLE that. I have heard that Gainesville is being investigated about the enrollment methodology used. Maybe this personal attack on the home schoolers and their parents is just a smoke-screen to coverup some other "adjustments" having been made in the past.

as i've said before, i've got 4 family members that work at GISD, there is no investigation. if you have a source, he is a liar. get a better one.

Matthew328
05-27-2005, 11:59 PM
I've never heard of any kind of investigation of Gainesville High...Gainesville for years has always had the same # of students enrolled...somewhere between 800 and 900....they were 4A for a few years back in the early 90's I think and even then their enrollment was never more than 900......it was just then the 3A/4A cut was much lower....