PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jasper Folks...

KTJ
05-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Your QB, Gilbert Moye, likes Vince Young and Texas is on his list of schools. (Also including LSU which is his childhood favorite, Texas A&M, and OU.

Give me a little synopsis of this stud.

(That is if the mod, especially LHPM, doesn't mind.)

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Your QB, Gilbert Moye, likes Vince Young and Texas is on his list of schools. (Also including LSU which is his childhood favorite, Texas A&M, and OU.

:p Other than the fact that they won :mad: , why would I mind? ;)

Hupernikomen
05-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Reminds a whole lot of Vince Young in his HS days. I think Young had better passing skills but of course I saw him as a Senior and Moye is still young yet. They both seem to take their large frames and just blow by people and have the knack to weave their ways down the field.

I sure hope he doesn't go to OU!!

Bulldog_12
05-27-2005, 02:04 PM
He's a stud. Any college will be lucky to get him. I think that he could definately be an all-state QB his senior year. The talent is there for sure, I just hope nothing happens that would prevent him from reaching full potential. That being said I hope he follows Big Red and Jorrie and comes on to A&M. Just some wishful thinking.:D

j_dog
05-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

For one thing, you will have to wait awhile to get him at Texas. He is only a junior. :) :) :)

Barring injury or other misfortune, Jasper has him for two more years! :)

Yes, he is a stud. I thought he looked like Reggie McNeil, until I saw how Vince Young did in the Rose Bowl. Now I think he looks more like Vince Young in his moves. Moye just is not yet as tall as Young, but his moves are a mirror image of Young's in my opinion. Ask the Gilmer fans. Or ask LHPM! ;)

And I hope someone can talk him out of any idea of going to OU! :D

j_dog
05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:p Other than the fact that they won :mad: , why would I mind? ;)
We will see if we can give you a re-match! ;) He has EXPERIENCE now. ;)

JHS_c/o_06'
05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
I'll straight up kill him if he goes to OU or A&M. :D

j_dog
05-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Your QB, Gilbert Moye, likes Vince Young and Texas is on his list of schools. ...
Just curious. Is this a UT source you are quoting, or some scouting service? I am sure he is being watched for the future, but he IS only a junior so I am bit surprised to see talk about his college choices. :thinking:

DawgFan91
05-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Just curious. Is this a UT source you are quoting, or some scouting service? I am sure he is being watched for the future, but he IS only a junior so I am bit surprised to see talk about his college choices. :thinking:

It's not too early for college choices. There are juniors-to-be that have already declared. There is another '07 QB from Texarkana that is already getting a lot of attention too.

WOS1
05-27-2005, 08:38 PM
I have a gut feeling the Moye will not play QB in college. I just don't feel like his passing will be nurtured enough at Jasper. No offense, he is a phenominal athlete and will go DI, just not as a QB. I think he will probably have a good shot at one of those big fast receivers, the Roy Williams type...:D

j_dog
05-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I have a gut feeling the Moye will not play QB in college. I just don't feel like his passing will be nurtured enough at Jasper. No offense, he is a phenominal athlete and will go DI, just not as a QB. I think he will probably have a good shot at one of those big fast receivers, the Roy Williams type...:D
Good point WOS1. That is the big $64 question. How well will the Jasper coaching staff adapt their approach to fit his abilities? At this point, I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. I would think that by the end of this fall we will know whether they can develop and exploit his passing skills. No doubt in my mind that he has the skills and tools. I have seen them in action.

But, if not at QB, he will play at some position.

KTJ
05-27-2005, 11:48 PM

You sure seemed worried about that, seeing as how it's your second time mentioning it.

Would you not want him to come to UT? Or are you just that curious?

j_dog
05-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
You sure seemed worried about that, seeing as how it's your second time mentioning it.

Would you not want him to come to UT? Or are you just that curious?
I would very much love for him to go to UT. But even Jorrie Adams, who at least one rating service rated as the seventh best athlete in the entire nation his senior year, did not get such mentions before his junior year even began. But, on the other hand, I don't know if he even had any playing time his sophmore year.

No, I was truly just curious. Who is it talking him up professionally? Or is it just fan talk? I would love for him to go to UT. :) Actually even A&M. :D Then it would be closer for me to go see him play. :)

Gilmer Buckeye
05-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Moye doesn't really play QB on every play already. Sure, he lines up behind the center so technically he's the QB, but with that crazy fullhouse shotgun offense that Lauve runs, it can be snapped to any of three different guys. And I am not knocking it, because it is obviously successful. It still looks crazy, though. At first, not knowing what it's all about, you wonder if the center has lost his mind.

I'm a UT alum, so I would encourage the big guy to go there. It really hurt me to see Manuel Johnson go to OU, but I understand he was treated as a relatively nobody (which he was at the time, being from a small 3A school) on his visit to Austin last summer.

I wish Jasper wasn't so far away. The Bulldogs are a very entertaining team to watch play. I still hold out hope that someday Gilmer and Jasper can establish a yearly neutral site game at Homer Bryce. It's not likely to happen, but one can dream.

sicem74
05-28-2005, 03:02 PM
hopefully we will see jasper and moye in the 3rd round because this year we will be ready.:evil:

JHS_c/o_06'
05-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
hopefully we will see jasper and moye in the 3rd round because this year we will be ready.:evil:

I thought yall said you were ready this last time around. :D

im just messin with ya man.

And we will make it to the third round....will you?

sicem74
05-28-2005, 04:31 PM
1st time it was 50-0 or w/e then 2nd time was 20-7 and you know what they say is that the 3rd time can be a charm? but we will be ready!:thumbsup: :flamingma :evil:

j_dog
05-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Hope to see you there! I love those playoff re-matches! :)

JHS_c/o_06'
05-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Hope to see you there! I love those playoff re-matches! :)

Me too....i'd love a gilmer playoff re-match....for one..i want revenge...lol...and two...that would mean it would be the state game.

sicem74
05-28-2005, 06:07 PM
i wont just be there to watch in the stands ill be playing.:D

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Me too....i'd love a gilmer playoff re-match....for one..i want revenge...lol...and two...that would mean it would be the state game.

I can think of another team wanting a little revenge. ;)

sicem74
05-28-2005, 06:12 PM
true panther mom yall was soo close how many returning running backs do yall have i think it was 3 of em running over 1,000!:eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2005, 06:15 PM
true panther mom yall was soo close how many returning running backs do yall have i think it was 3 of em running over 1,000!:eek:

The fullback graduated & had around 2500 yds and close to 50 td's. Tailback & halfback are both returning - hb had roughly 2300 yds & tb was just under 2000.

sicem74
05-28-2005, 06:18 PM
what grade are the returning people in?

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Both Escamilla & Kociuba will be Sr's. I happened to sit by Kociuba at my son's 8th grade graduation Thursday - he said he can hardly wait to get started. :)

sicem74
05-28-2005, 06:43 PM
i cant hardly wait either lol! i have a ? how come lh doesnt have a passing game? or defense im jw?

j_dog
05-28-2005, 11:31 PM
I can think of another team wanting a little revenge. ;)
You mean that team LH beat in the Region IV finals? ;)

Haunta Yo
05-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I see a battle with Cuero in your future first LHmom...
Look for the Apaches to make the playoffs which makes Cuero Div.II

Astrosdawg07
05-29-2005, 01:00 PM
That would mean the best teams in 3A are D2.

WOS1
05-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
That would mean the best teams in 3A are D2.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...:D

WOS1
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
The fullback graduated & had around 2500 yds and close to 50 td's. Tailback & halfback are both returning - hb had roughly 2300 yds & tb was just under 2000.

WOW... are you serious? You had 3 backs account for 6800 yards in one season? That's like, 450 yards per game...:thinking:

Astrosdawg07
05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
WOW... are you serious? You had 3 backs account for 6800 yards in one season? That's like, 450 yards per game...:thinking:

I didn't believe it either until I saw it with my own eyes.

Diocletian
05-29-2005, 10:30 PM
ahh the mighty power of the wing-T, only stopable by human error....

LH Panther Mom
05-29-2005, 11:34 PM

Most definitely. Including the yds the QB had, rushing was quite a bit over 7000. Early in the season, we had over 1300 in 2 games.

JHS_c/o_06'
05-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
ahh the mighty power of the wing-T, only stopable by human error....

Or a combination of Sean Weatherspoon and Corey McQueen on the 1 yard line to win the game.

but they were still VERY tricky. From the sidelines....it was extremely hard to tell who had the ball. Much like ppl from LH said they had a hard time figuring out who the ball was going from Jasper.

But i really do hope we get to play each other again in the semi's. We will be alot better prepared if it happens....as im sure ya'll will too.

j_dog
05-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that...:D
Yeah, better wait until after week zero to make such claims. :D