PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in La Grange/Weimar

Swarm 51
05-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Will be in the La Grange/Weimar area the first week-end of June attending a baseball tournament for 15 year olds. Can you point me in the direction of some good restaurants in your area?

rhs78
05-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Weimer- there is'nt much except Dairy Queen,La Grange-Boss Hoss Steak House is fairly good,Riverside cafe at lunch is good, In Schulenberg their is Frank's,and the Smokehouse. Columbus their is Nancy's Steakhouse,Schoebels,Roasters. Hope this might help a little.

ej2525
05-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
Weimer- there is'nt much except Dairy Queen,La Grange-Boss Hoss Steak House is fairly good,Riverside cafe at lunch is good, In Schulenberg their is Frank's,and the Smokehouse. Columbus their is Nancy's Steakhouse,Schoebels,Roasters. Hope this might help a little.

I ate at the Smokehouse in Schulenberg about 2 months ago... it was pretty good (chopped beef sand.)!

big daddy russ
05-27-2005, 09:02 AM
The Oakridge Smokehouse and Frank's in Schulenburg are both real good. There's also one little place on your way out of LaGrange on 77 that's pretty good... kinda by the HS... forgot what it's called but it was basically one of the old houses that had been converted into a little homestyle place. That restaurant is pretty good, but I haven't eaten there in a few years.

CheerMom
05-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Travel a few miles out of Weimar on FM 155(North) to Holman Valley Steakhouse,
it is good. If you are in LG and want to experience some of the best food in Texas travel a few miles to the tiny town of Round Top, and eat at Royer's Cafe. They have excellant food.

lepfan
05-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Boss' Steak House never has impressed me. Very $$$ for a dried out steak. LaMarina is an ok place to eat...not to $$$ either. Royer's is good...but can be $$ too! (just according to what you eat) You can not leave without eating their pie! There is a taco shack on the north side of town that is good for breakfast burritos :) If I were still there I would cook for you. :D Cernoch's Chicken place (Golden Crisp) has great chicken! And then when all else fails...Whataburger.