PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park VS. Perryton RegionI Semi-Final

GreenMonster
05-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Game 1

Iowa Park 2 - Perryton 0

Game 2 (Top of 5 Perryton at bat)

Iowa Park 2 - Perryton 3

Will update at game's end. Game 3 if necessary scheduled for Saturday @ Snyder's Moffett Field 5pm.

Ranger Mom
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Out of curiosty, why are they playing in Snyder??

LH Panther Mom
05-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Game 3 if necessary scheduled for Saturday @ Snyder's Moffett Field 5pm.

:eek: Man, that's a drive for Perryton!

Ranger Mom
05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
One again LH Panther Mom.....GMTA!!!:D

LH Panther Mom
05-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
One again LH Panther Mom.....GMTA!!!:D

:clap: :clap: :D

wildstangs
05-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Snyder has a really nice park. Seems like somewhere in Oklahoma would have been more of a logical choice.

RangerRedFan
05-26-2005, 10:28 PM
I agree that is a heck of a drive, and playing in Okla. would have made way more sense. It seems that our players like to play at Snyder. This is probably the umpteenth time they have played there in the last few years. BTY...Perryton leads 6-2 with Iowa Park batting in the bottom of the 7th. There are two on with 2 outs as I type.

RangerRedFan
05-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Final Perryton 6 Iowa Park 2 in game two. Game 3 Sat. Iowa Park pitcher in game one pitched a 2 hit shut out and recorded 15 strike outs. I hope we don't see him again!

GreenMonster
05-26-2005, 10:38 PM
just wanted to second RangerRed's score for game 2. Perryton will face the Iowa Park Ace on Saturday. By the way, the 2 hitter was thrown by our number 3 who was 0-1 going into the playoffs and has turned in 3 beauties to push his record to 3-1 with a no-no and a 2 hitter to his credit. Good luck to both teams on Saturday and may everyone have a safe trip home and back for the big game.

VWG
05-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Was that Bragg that threw the first game?

RangerRedFan
05-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Yes it was. I think a kid named Beals pictched game 2. I listened to the games on the radio, and it sounded like Perryton just never could figure him out. It is my understanding that Iowa Park has about 4 or 5 pretty good pitchers. Perryton really only has two. I don't have a clue who they will start Saturday. It may be one of those games where it is pitched "by committee". It could be tough for Perryton to survive.

Ranger Mom
05-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by RangerRedFan
Yes it was. I think a kid named Beals pictched game 2. I listened to the games on the radio, and it sounded like Perryton just never could figure him out. It is my understanding that Iowa Park has about 4 or 5 pretty good pitchers. Perryton really only has two. I don't have a clue who they will start Saturday. It may be one of those games where it is pitched "by committee". It could be tough for Perryton to survive.

Does the sophomore "Terhune" pitch?

I know he was a pretty good little pitcher when he played Greenwood Little League!

RangerRedFan
05-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes, he was the pitcher for Perryton in game two. He is now 3-0 in the playoffs and 10-4 overall. He is getting better with each game it seems. Write up in the Amarillo paper mentioned that he was sick yesterday, but went out and pitched a heck of a game anyway.

Ranger Mom
05-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by RangerRedFan
Yes, he was the pitcher for Perryton in game two. He is now 3-0 in the playoffs and 10-4 overall. He is getting better with each game it seems. Write up in the Amarillo paper mentioned that he was sick yesterday, but went out and pitched a heck of a game anyway.

Glad to hear he is doing well there. He and my step-son were fairly good friends when he was here.