PDA

View Full Version : Viva Mexico!

Phil C
05-26-2005, 08:49 AM
TCM is showing some great movies tonight that were made in Mexico and they will have subtitles so you can watch them even if you don't understand Spanish! Start watching at 7 P.M. or record them if you are unable to watch them. They will last till 3 A.M. tomorrow! One of them is one of Cantinflas first movies. He was a great commedian and acrobatic and even professionally boxed when he was younger. Charlie Chaplin who many list as one of the greatest commedians of all time said Cantinflas was the greatest commedian ever. Don't miss this opportunity tonight to see him. Plus some great movies with two of the greatest singers and actors ever with Pedro Infante and Jorge Negrete. Great time indeed tonight! No NBA basketball or American Idol or soccer tonight so tune in for some great movies from Mexico! Viva Mexico!

Phil C
05-26-2005, 09:15 AM
I had to edit my last post. The Cantinflas movie doesn't start till 7 P.M. He was a great actor as I have said and was a great acrobat. Some of his later career movies spoke against social injustice but he was so talented that he got away with it and was still popular. He also was a good singer too. He could be dramatic when needed. A great actor indeed. He starred in two American movies one being Around the World in 80 Days (1956 version) in which he played David Niven's servant and he won a world award for his acting in that movie. He also made the great movie Pepe that was made around 1962. A great talent indeed.

Phil C
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Ole!