PDA

View Full Version : Is Bill Walton stalking the Spurs or am I just going crazy?

big daddy russ
05-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Now I love the Spurs as much as anyone, but this is a little scary. The guy looked like he wants to kiss Timmy D during pregame shootarounds. The other night he talked about Ginobili's "flowing hair." Finally, while tonight's game is going on he all but confesses his undying love for the black and silver.

Actual dialogue from tonight's game:

(Quentin Richardson had just clanked a three)
Walton: "Quentin Richardson has got to make those open shots. He's been terrible tonight."
Other announcer: "He's 2-5 on the night."

Before that, he had been talking about how San Antonio had been completely ready for Phoenix... and how awesome they were... and how well prepared they were... and furthermore how terrible Phoenix was playing. Less than 15 seconds later, Phoenix took its first lead of the game capping an 11-0 run spanning about four minutes... all while Walton was gushing about how sexy the light from Bruce Bowen's head looked under the lights of America West Arena.

I say that Walton beats up the guy behind the Coyote costume before game 3 and masquerades at least three quarters before security at SBC finds the real mascot tied up in a janitorial closet and foils his evil plot.

Gobbla2001
05-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Walton: "Quentin Richardson has got to make those open shots. He's been terrible tonight."

I thought that was funny myself... but when you think about it, he hadn't made open shots and had made other poor decisions when Walton had said that...

Walton has always gotten on my nerves, but it is because he's good... he'll blast a team for 3 straight minutes, then praise them for the next 3, then blast the other team for 3 straight minutes, then praise them for the next 3...

I just hope he doesn't do all of that to ole Wylie...

KTJ
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Tonights game further proves my theory that Bill Walton drinks heavily before he does the announcing.

SintonFan
05-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Now I love the Spurs as much as anyone, but this is a little scary. The guy looked like he wants to kiss Timmy D during pregame shootarounds. The other night he talked about Ginobili's "flowing hair." Finally, while tonight's game is going on he all but confesses his undying love for the black and silver.

Before that, he had been talking about how San Antonio had been completely ready for Phoenix... and how awesome they were... and how well prepared they were... and furthermore how terrible Phoenix was playing. Less than 15 seconds later, Phoenix took its first lead of the game capping an 11-0 run spanning about four minutes... all while Walton was gushing about how sexy the light from Bruce Bowen's head looked under the lights of America West Arena.

I say that Walton beats up the guy behind the Coyote costume before game 3 and masquerades at least three quarters before security at SBC finds the real mascot tied up in a janitorial closet and foils his evil plot.
ROFL!!!
This guy is the most opportunistic person I have ever seen or heard. It's amazing how his "commentary" flows with the game.:D
It's a Disney conspiracy.;)
GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

pirate44
05-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Dickie v is the same way but without all the gayness. Walton sounds like he has a mouthful of marbles, but he has come a long way since he first started doing commentary.

BTEXDAD
05-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Tonights game further proves my theory that Bill Walton drinks heavily before he does the announcing.

Get your facts straight KTJ!
Walton does not drink. He does drugs, but he does NOT drink.

rhs78
05-25-2005, 10:11 AM
I do not understand why he is even on tv, he contradicts himself almost ever other statement he makes. one minute the team is the greatest and the next they are bad. He is not very good,period and should not be on tv(my opinion)!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
05-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
I do not understand why he is even on tv, he contradicts himself almost ever other statement he makes. one minute the team is the greatest and the next they are bad. He is not very good,period and should not be on tv(my opinion)!!!!!!!!!!

We have to remember he had a great college career at UCLA and in his early career he was great and lead Portland to the NBA championship one year and had not a big knee injury not ruined (even though he was able to play a few more years) his effectiveness he would have been spoken in awe as a great player like Kareem and Wilt.

rhs78
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
We have to remember he had a great college career at UCLA and in his early career he was great and lead Portland to the NBA championship one year and had not a big knee injury not ruined (even though he was able to play a few more years) his effectiveness) he would have been spoken in awe as a great player like Kareem and Wilt.

Phil i'm not saying anything about his playing career(which way agood one) i'm talking about his lack of talent on TV, He is not very good,i think a few to many smoked things in College and since.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bandera YaYa
05-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
We have to remember he had a great college career at UCLA and in his early career he was great and lead Portland to the NBA championship one year and had not a big knee injury not ruined (even though he was able to play a few more years) his effectiveness) he would have been spoken in awe as a great player like Kareem and Wilt. The ONLY thing we have to remember is GO SPURS GO !!

Phil C
05-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
The ONLY thing we have to remember is GO SPURS GO !!

Well that is pretty good though. Go Spurs Go!