PDA

View Full Version : Big Surprises at a "Home Schooled" Graduation attended by 285 Seniors!

Old Cardinal
05-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I went to the Lake Charles, LA-- Parkview Baptist Home School HS Graduation. What a surprise 285 grads came forward in the Lake Charles Civic Center giant auditorium in beautiful purple cap & gown. These homes-schoolers are just one active program in the area and surprisingly many were from Texas. It was refreshing to hear prayers in the name of Jesus Christ instead of the pagan-controlled activist Judges coersion of the public schools bans on public prayers.
I learned a lot--these youth have to perform at a level on SAT, TAKS etc: and various Louisiana testing mechanizisms to obtain a bonafied Diploma.
The speakers to the class of 2005 were past graduates--A war-hero Captain in the Airforce, an Orthopedic Surgeon, and many other industrous younger adults.
I had come to support just one young person I knew but to my surprise one of the Honor Grad speakers was a fine young lady that is in the youth group at my own church! These home schooled kids for the most part knock the top out of the college entrance exams and a high percentage are destined to be future college grads in difficult degree plans. The Parkview school's background followup data is more than impressive on the success of their grads out in society.
Why are they home schooled? The girl from my church had a wonderful Christian testimony in her stirring talk that she preferred to not be in a public school with it's more pagan-based teachings.
I did notice that many of the girls in the group were from school districts in both Louisiana and Texas that reek of violence, crime, drugs sales and poor academics. They chose to be in a home school atmosphere mainly to get away from a depressing dangerous local school district that they found themselves subjected to. These boys and girls are doing fine.
All in all, I was convinced that this alternative method of education should not be attack-- like I hear many public school administrators express themselves on the subject.
If the activist Judges could be somehow retired then paganism could be replaced by the Christian/Judeo value system that the private schools and alternative home-school teaching methodology is holding up as a new quality standard. They have been doing this well for the last two decades.
I am still an optimist about the public system even though there are terrible problems in SOME Districts. I see the schools like Parkview Baptist as a good alternate when public schools are sick, weak and ineffective in some local school districts.

HighSchool Fan
05-24-2005, 05:24 PM
i think they the school has them in home schooling so that they can turn in a lower number of students so they can stay in a lower classification. :D

Old Cardinal
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
I think you are wrong again as always! The public schools statewide want them in public school so they can collect more government money!

HighSchool Fan
05-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think you are wrong again as always! The public schools statewide want them in public school so they can collect more government money!

i agree that the schools want the kids in public school, but over there where your at, they do whatever they can to turn in 3a numbers.

VWG
05-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i agree that the schools want the kids in public school, but over there where your at, they do whatever they can to turn in 3a numbers.

?????
Wait a minute.... where do your facts come from?

HighSchool Fan
05-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by VWG
?????

when talking to OC you don't need facts, you can make stuff up like he does.

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2005, 07:04 AM
The Parkview school....

I'm totally confused. :confused: And no, it's neither the first nor the last time. ;)

Are the children home-schooled or do they attend Parkview school? Did I miss something? It sounds more like private school to me. :confused:

spiveyrat
05-25-2005, 07:30 AM
That's neat! :clap:

BTEXDAD
05-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The Parkview school....

I'm totally confused. :confused: And no, it's neither the first nor the last time. ;)

Are the children home-schooled or do they attend Parkview school? Did I miss something? It sounds more like private school to me. :confused:

I agree with you panther mom. This is a private school apparently. Home schooled is pretty much what it says, being taught at home, and usually by actual parents.

spiveyrat
05-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Maybe Parkview school is not a school in the traditional way of thinking, but rather a place that offers a curriculum or a process for parents to follow in home-schooling their kids. Just an idea, I really have no idea.

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Maybe Parkview school is not a school in the traditional way of thinking, but rather a place that offers a curriculum or a process for parents to follow in home-schooling their kids. Just an idea, I really have no idea.

That makes sense.

The graduation ceremony sounds like it was awesome.

vet93
05-25-2005, 09:21 AM
I have been able to attend a couple of home school graduations in San Angelo and they were very impressive. They didn't have the numbers that OC talked about but the kids who participated were first rate and it was really touching the tributes that each student gave to their parents (each student put together a video collage for their parents and loved ones expressing their thanks and appreciation). It was much more personal and emotional than a standard graduation.

BTEXDAD
05-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by VWG
?????

It's well known fact that in Bridge City, if a child attends church where there is parochial school, the child is considered by BC school district as being a student in that church school even if they attend public school.
In this way BC is able to keep 3A numbers even though their graduating class is over 300.

Bandera YaYa
05-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
It's well known fact that in Bridge City, if a child attends church where there is parochial school, the child is considered by BC school district as being a student in that church school even if they attend public school.
In this way BC is able to keep 3A numbers even though their graduating class is over 300. Oh my gosh.......are you sure??? That is crazy!!!!! (Not to mention cheating!!!!) :eek: :mad:

Ranger Mom
05-25-2005, 10:19 AM
In this way BC is able to keep 3A numbers even though their graduating class is over 300.

How is that legal?? It would seem they would have to be enrolled in one place or the other!

spiveyrat
05-25-2005, 10:39 AM
I think ya'll are getting caught up in a little sarcasm/teasing.

BTEXDAD
05-25-2005, 11:49 AM
This was first post i'd done that wasn't on the up and up. I apologize, but it's not really my fault. I'm being corrupted by some of the low lifes on down low.

Bandera YaYa
05-25-2005, 12:19 PM
This was first post i'd done that wasn't on the up and up. I apologize, but it's not really my fault. I'm being corrupted by some of the low lifes on down low. Ha ! So, thanks for getting me in trouble now!!!! Sorry, but you gotta take responsibility for your own actions......fess up!!!! :eek: :D

HighSchool Fan
05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
This was first post i'd done that wasn't on the up and up. I apologize, but it's not really my fault. I'm being corrupted by some of the low lifes on down low.

i thought it was pretty good myself. good job :D

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2005, 05:12 PM

I thought it was great! And which low lifes have been corrupting you? :thinking:

Bandera YaYa
05-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I thought it was great! And which low lifes have been corrupting you? :thinking: It's not me!!!! I am HIGH on life!!!! :D