PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Lee to play Florida's best Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna High

nutcrackin
05-24-2005, 10:37 AM
***2ND ANNUAL EAST TEXAS KICKOFF CLASSIC SCHEDULE RELEASED***

Smoaky.com has learned the schedule for the Second Annual East Texas Kickoff Classic at Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium.

Thursday, August 25th:
8:00pm Gilmer vs. Pine Tree

Friday, August 26th:
8:00pm John Tyler vs. Texas High

Saturday, August 27th:
4:00pm Wylie vs. The Colony

8:00pm Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna vs. Tyler Lee

BullFrog Dad
05-24-2005, 11:20 AM
HCM vs. Tyler Lee will be very interesting. Lee's enrollment 2563 to HCM's 860 for a 3 to 1 advantage. But it's Private vs. Public with this possibly being a peak at the Texas HS Football landscape 15-20 years from now.

Manck
05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
I posted this nearly 2 months ago! Come on guys, sort it out.

nutcrackin
05-24-2005, 01:59 PM
consider it a refresher course....retention skills need to be practiced on a regular basis....maybe catch a few new members who were unaware of this great event.

KTJ
05-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Why is Tyler Lee playing all of these out of Texas schools?

Seems kinda cocky to me.

nutcrackin
05-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Some may feel that way but Lee was not going out and looking for these ball games... Sporting PR firms as well as other states best teams are wanting to play the "best" in Texas because of the recent national publicity w/ the movie Friday Night Lights. Lee wasn't the best last year, they lost to Longview in OT and Lufkin in close games with major injuries to key players during both losses... Lufkin put scare into SLC during the semi's in Div. II. Who's to say who is the best.. SLC declined a monumental challenge of playing Bellevue Washington which ended De La Salle, Calif. winning streak of 8 years. Coach Dodge said his scheduled had been agreed upon for the next few years and it wouldn't change. Was SLC and Denton Ryan looked at as "cocky" for playing each othe on national TV? At least now the whole nation can watch a north vs. south showcase with open minds and not look at it as a "Texas" thing.

KTJ
05-24-2005, 05:05 PM
ESPN went to those schools. They didn't contact ESPN. And on that same note, those were two Texas schools playing each other.

I understand that idea behind playing cross-country schools. (Hell, my alma mater-Gainesville High School-is doing it as well against some Cali team. They aren't getting near as much pub because we are a 3A team.) But it just seems like when you search for out of state opposition, it just seems shady. That's all.

And by all means, I want every Texas school playing a non-Texas school to kick the ever living bejesus out of them.