PDA

View Full Version : A&M Baseball

Hobbs
05-24-2005, 06:24 AM
There's a lot more behind this story! Johnson has not been on Byrne's 'a' list since he became AD. Johnson is a class act and to be honest with you Byrne is not. Any guys who would ask a coach to step down after making it to a regional then super regional in back to back years is an absolute idiot. Byrne is a control freak and wants to put a puppet in there that will be his little *****. I agree that Johnson was getting old and needed to start thinking about moving on, but you let the guys finish his career. He's given to much to the program, school, and to the lives of many players to be treated like this. Piss on Byrne and any wanker alumni with money that pushed Johnson out the door.

Please watch your language.

HighSchool Fan
05-24-2005, 06:40 AM
people get fired everyday, get over it

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
people get fired everyday

I agree. Most coaches live in the hot seat.

AggieJohn
05-24-2005, 05:08 PM
even coach k is in the hot seat

Phil C
05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Hobbs
There's a lot more behind this story! Johnson has not been on Byrne's 'a' list since he became AD. Johnson is a class act and to be honest with you Byrne is not. Any guys who would ask a coach to step down after making it to a regional then super regional in back to back years is an absolute idiot. Byrne is a control freak and wants to put a puppet in there that will be his little *****. I agree that Johnson was getting old and needed to start thinking about moving on, but you let the guys finish his career. He's given to much to the program, school, and to the lives of many players to be treated like this. Piss on Byrne and any wanker alumni with money that pushed Johnson out the door.

Please watch your language.

Gee I hope he doesn't ruin their wonderful soccer program. Also the women's softball program also. :(

KTJ
05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Coach K at Duke? He has never, nor will he ever be on the Hot Seat.

And regarding the A&M baseball issue--your AD has been tooting his "here at Texas A&M, we want to win, hire the best, and be a National Power in everything" horn since he got there. So I would figure most Aggies would he happy that this guy was fired.

Then again, I just found out his record today since he was in College Station and it's not half bad...it's actually pretty good.

So, I dunno how you Aggies feel about this. One thing is for sure..it's definitely interesting to see where you go now. I'm not a big baseball fan but I keep up with it so I'm sure whoever you hire will be a good fit. Good luck with that.

AggieJohn
05-24-2005, 05:24 PM
it was a big loss, don't get me wrong, but it was necessary, it was needed, he had made the program stale in the last two years....

Johnny Utah
05-24-2005, 06:06 PM
You are correct, people get fired every day. His record speaks for itself, should have let him go out of his own terms. Not classy at all. I am sure Bryne has a man in mind already. Hope he wins more than 800 baseball games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes coaches are on the hot seat, all the time, they choose that profession. Seems funny to me, most in charge have never coached, but seem to think that they are experts! How many of you on here coach? Tough job to say the least, bless all of you that do!

AggieJohn
05-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
should have let him go out of his own terms. Not classy at all.

Byrne expressed his displeasure last season when the baseball team wasn't doing that well and wanted him to step down, MJ convinced Byrne to wait a season and let him right the ship, but he didn't right the ship this season he took it too a lower level, i think MJ in his classiness understood what he had too do

HighSchool Fan
05-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
should have let him go out of his own terms. Not classy at all. I

how many people that work for a company get to leave on their own terms?? he didn't produce in the end, so he got what he deserved.

Hobbs
05-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Some of you guys are missing the point, especially you HSFan! Aggie John you said it yourself that Byrne had asked MJ to step down last season when the team "wasn't doing that well". What are you kidding? They made it to a regional and super regional two years in a row. How good does someone have to do? That's exactly what I'm talking about. Byrne has had it out for MJ long before this season or last season ever took place. Bottom line is that he cowards towards the money holders with a loud voice. I know he's not the only AD in this country to do the same thing, but this one has particularly pissed me off. 2004: 42-22: Super Regional; I gotta let this go I know. I can't wait to see who they get to take his spot. Maybe he can win 43 or 44 games?

HighSchool Fan
05-25-2005, 07:18 AM
you are taking it the wrong way. your letting your emotions get in the way. i hire and fire people where i work at, if you don't produce, your fired, peroid. the school doesn't owe him anything, he was paid for his services.