PDA

View Full Version : Sb Regional Finals

18handicap
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
REGION I
Snyder (23-14) vs. Pilot Point (18-5), Thursday, 7:30, Brownwood HS

REGION II
New Boston (37-6) vs. Van (30-2), (2 out of 3), Friday, 1:00/ Saturday, 1:00, Marshall HS

REGION III
LaGrange (21-11) vs. Rockdale (26-3) (2 out of 3), Friday 2:00 / Sat 5:00, Noack Softball Compex in Austin

REGION IV
Columbia (25-3) vs. Needville (25-6), Thursday, 7:30, Weimar HS

scrub c
05-22-2005, 07:07 AM
for those that dont already know. . .

Needville and Columbia are from the same district (25-AAA)

GOFOR2
05-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
for those that dont already know. . .

Needville and Columbia are from the same district (25-AAA)

well, for those that dont already know, only 1 can go to state.

Johnny Utah
05-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Rockdale and La Grange are from the same district as well!!! Going to be a great series in all the regional finals!!!!

Dugoutcoach
05-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Any indication of where the N v. C game will be played? (I am sure CJ would like to play at his "home field" in Shiner!)

18handicap
05-22-2005, 08:01 PM
That's no different than "O" flipping for his "home" field in Weimar. I still say that was a crock of crap to play that series so far away. I know my AD and supt. would have shot that down in a heartbeat.

Old Cardinal
05-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I will pick-- Snyder, Van, Rockdale and Needville. Sure I will be wrong on some but it is interesting those that do the criticizing of us with the fortitude to venture a pick-- DON'T make picks--they just Sunday morning Quarterback and criticize those that have the guts to try to make predictions for the fun of it.

18handicap
05-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I would love to see Snyder make the state tournament as I started the program there in 1994 and had 3 playoff appearances in a row in AAAA. Left there in 1997 to coach closer to home, but I have a lot of great memories for some great people and friends in the Snyder ISD and community. Go Lady Tigers!!!!

sicem74
05-22-2005, 08:33 PM
La Grange becuase they frm District 19-3A!

LH Panther Mom
05-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Snyder
Van
Rockdale
Needville

BTEXDAD
05-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Snyder
Van
Rockdale
Needville

Panther Mom, you may get in trouble making same picks as Old Cardinal, but you guys are probably right.
I'll pick same except I'll take La Grange instead of Rockdale. La Grange just seems to be playing really well right now and I don't think Rockdale will beat La Grange 3 times in one year.

Don't know much about Snyder and Van except what I've read on Texas girls' coaches page.
La Grange beat Bellville 2 out of 3 in regional quarterfinals and as I've said before, they're one of the better hitting teams Bellville had played all year.
Bellville beat Needville twice during regular season, but both games were close and could have gone either way. Needville has very solid team in hitting, defense and pitching.

Snyder, Van, La Grange and Needville. One thing I agree with Old cardinal on though, I'm sure I'll also miss one or two of my picks.

Bobcat
05-23-2005, 08:37 AM
BTEXDAD, I have to disagree about putting LaGrange in over Rockdale. Rockdale has faced LaGrange twice and spanked them both times.

scrub c
05-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
well, for those that dont already know, only 1 can go to state.

nice

BTEXDAD
05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Bobcat
BTEXDAD, I have to disagree about putting LaGrange in over Rockdale. Rockdale has faced LaGrange twice and spanked them both times.

You may be right, bobcat. I'll have to admit I'm not that familiar with Rockdale. They beat la grange fairly easily 6-2 first time in district. Second time around, the "spanking" was by one run in extra innings.
La Grange is playing best ball they've played all year, according to some parents. That's reason I'm now picking them, but I've been wrong before.
Believe it or not, I was picking bellville to beat la Grange and then (and I know I'll be blasted for this) I actually thought Bridge City would win series with LG. Didn't bet any money on it though.

neck_06
05-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Columbia Lady Necks all the way!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
05-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Panther Mom, you may get in trouble making same picks as Old Cardinal, but you guys are probably right.
:doh: I know....probably wasn't my smartest move. ;)

I'll pick same except I'll take La Grange instead of Rockdale. La Grange just seems to be playing really well right now and I don't think Rockdale will beat La Grange 3 times in one year.
One thing I agree with Old cardinal on though, I'm sure I'll also miss one or two of my picks.

My reasoning for picking Rockdale was they spanked our girls pretty good in a warm-up. Similar reason for picking Needville - Wharton whupped us good & Needville beat them.

I don't follow softball too much outside our team, so Old Card has a huge advantage over me in being more informed. :eek: :D

18handicap
05-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Needville vs Columbia on Thursday at 7:30 in Weimar.

softball_mom
05-23-2005, 12:18 PM
That is so freaking stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18handicap
05-23-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm upset with both schools.......they are wasting my tax dollars! I live in CBISD and own a farm in NISD and a couple of the NISD board members with daughters in softball thought it was funny when I complained about them and Wharton playing in Shiner.

softball_mom
05-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I just can't believe we have to drive back to Weimar. Weimar fields were not all that!!!!!!

pirate4state
05-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Needville vs Columbia on Thursday at 7:30 in Weimar. :eek: :eek:

WOW - couldn't find a closer field? :doh:

Why not go with home to home or some place further north like, um, I don't know...Houston! :rolleyes:

This is a little nutty. Oh well...it may be worth the drive from Sinton. :D

District303aPastPlayer
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
wow that sucks... long drive

GOFOR2
05-23-2005, 06:47 PM

What the heck?
Do wish this could have been a 2 out of 3 series.

Rockdale Tiger
05-23-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm going to go with a homer pick and choose Rockdale over La Grange. We beat them twice this season 6-2 in the first meeting and 2-1 in 8 innings the second time around. Our girls played an awesome game against Splendora which I believe is a way better team that Bridge City beating them 4-2 the first game and 5-1 the second game. Our girls showed that they could play under pressure and come out on top. Go Rockdale!!!! BRING ON REGION III

Necked
05-23-2005, 07:41 PM

Man what a bummer. A 2+ Hr drive to play a team that lives 20 minutes away. There is no way working stiffs like me can make it to a game that far away on a Thursday. Are they afraid they may not have enough tickets or something? You just know there would be a much larger turnout if it was played locally.
Oh well, I'll still be cheering for them, even if they can't hear me from a hundred miles away.....

Johnny Utah
05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Will have to go with Rockdale as well. They are due, program has been around since 94, gotten better each year. Good thing is Elgin is 4a, or they would represent region 3 in 3a. Elgin might just go in 4a anyway!!! Freejay still the coach at Elgin??? Yes it is hard to beat a team 3 times, but this is for the show, both teams will give it their all from region 3. I have seen Needville, they are mostly seniors, will have to go with them.

GOFOR2
05-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Surfs up Johnny!!!!!

Johnny Utah
05-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Surf is up and so was my golf game!!!

18handicap
05-24-2005, 06:04 AM
They claim that they had University of Houston on Thursday, but the 5A regional game also claimed they had the field (Elkins vs. Tomball) and since Elkins (Fort Bend ISD) has played almost every playoff game there in the last 3 years, UH gave it to them. MONEY TALKS!!!

There are a lot of close venues that would have held the crowd....Cinco Ranch, Pearland......how about flipping for home and home.

softball_mom
05-24-2005, 06:47 AM
18 I felt the same way. And I had a lot of calls last night from friends that WERE coming to the game. But when they found out we had to go back to Weimar on a Thursday night they said they wouldnt be going. But Cami was very pumped about playing back in Weimar......so I'm fine with it!!!!! LOL

Snyder_TigerFan
05-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Abilene Reporter News has Snyder vs. Pilot Point 7:30 Thursday, in Brownwood.

neck_94
05-24-2005, 08:21 AM
wowsers !

i am for whoever said play it in Damon.
Thats a long way to go for two schools that are seperated by a couple of cotton and rice fields.
However, I heard the field in Weimar was REALLY NICE.

18handicap
05-25-2005, 06:03 AM
ttt

BTEXDAD
05-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
wowsers !

i am for whoever said play it in Damon.
Thats a long way to go for two schools that are seperated by a couple of cotton and rice fields.
However, I heard the field in Weimar was REALLY NICE.

The field in Weimar IS very nice. Only problem is it's not close to much of anything. If you are able to take off work and go early you can travel a few more miles and get tour and a couple complimentary beers from Shiner brewery.

neck_94
05-25-2005, 08:33 AM
SWEET !

I love Shiner Bock (Shiner Blonde aint bad either)

i think i will have to take off a little early and try to make this game.
So how do you get to tour the brewery?
Show up sign up or are there times available, cost???

18handicap
05-25-2005, 08:36 AM
I agree about the field in Weimar. We played in a tournament there just to play on the field.

Here is a link to see the pictures of the field and there has been more done there since those pictures were taken last year.

http://www.weimarsports.org/Sports-Complex/photos.html

neck_94
05-25-2005, 08:37 AM
wow what a great link

BTEXDAD
05-25-2005, 08:41 AM
LOL. I think tours end at like four in afternoon, so you would have to go down quite a bit earlier.
No cost. Not a lot to it, and they do limit your alcohol intake unlike years ago. Usually have about 4-5 different beers on tap in the gift shop. Bock and Blonde always, then usually Octoberfest, Honey wheat or something like that. They fill first 6 oz glass and give you three more tokens, so it's equivalent to 2-12 oz beers. Always good to take along a couple non-drinkers, so you can use their tokens.

neck_94
05-25-2005, 08:43 AM
lol

what a great idea!

BTEXDAD
05-25-2005, 08:49 AM
By the way, neck, you don't have to take the tour to get the beer.

18handicap
05-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea -- "take along a couple of non-drinkers!"

Last time I went, my parents were with me as we were visiting relatives in Moulton and I drove for them. Dad wanted me to stop at the brewery and before I finished my first cup, my mother took my tokens away and as good Bohemians do, drank the beer that I couldn't drink so I could drive. Guess who was sleeping all the way home??? LOL...My parents were about 80 at the time and they drank all of my beer!!!

neck_94
05-25-2005, 08:54 AM
lol

BTEXDAD
05-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: I know....probably wasn't my smartest move. ;)

My reasoning for picking Rockdale was they spanked our girls pretty good in a warm-up. Similar reason for picking Needville - Wharton whupped us good & Needville beat them.

I don't follow softball too much outside our team, so Old Card has a huge advantage over me in being more informed. :eek: :D

Old Card, me and others are 0-2 in picks so far. Had Snyder and Needville going to state, and both are now out.
Picked La Grange and Van in other series. I don't assume Van has played already. Haven't heard anythign on that game/series.

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Old Card, me and others are 0-2 in picks so far. Had Snyder and Needville going to state, and both are now out.
Picked La Grange and Van in other series. I don't assume Van has played already. Haven't heard anythign on that game/series.

*Disclaimer: I don't follow softball too much outside our team, so Old Card has a huge advantage over me in being more informed. :eek: :D*

That's my story & I'm sticking to it and blaming Old Card. :D Actually, I didn't intentionally pick the same, it just worked out that way. ;)