PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Softball

pirate4state
05-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Needville 2 Pearsall 0
Columbia 10 Goliad 0

A set up of district foes!! 1st match up Needville won 1-0, 2nd match up Columbia won 1-0. Did they play a game to decide the district championship or did Columbia lose to someone else? Either way, should be a helluva game!

Congrats to both squads! :thumbsup:

pirate4state
05-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Nevermind, I see that Sweeny blanked Columbia in the final game of district! :)

Wonder where they'll play this one? :thinking:

Johnnypaycheck
05-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Way to go LADY NECKS!!!

softball_mom
05-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Way to go Lady Necks!!! Good luck next week!

18handicap
05-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Yep, Sweeny 9, Columbia 0........

Columbia only gave up one or two runs during district to everyone else but Sweeny and gave up 14 to the Lady Bulldogs.....but instead of bragging about it, you see who is still playing and who isn't.....the girls of our two teams know each other so well that nobody is intimidated by each other and both just get after it......Nobody has touched Columbia since that night in Sweeny.

Necked
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
You have seen both teams up close 18handicap. I won't pester you for a prediction, but do either of these teams have an advantage over the other?

18handicap
05-22-2005, 07:48 AM
I plead the 5th on that one!!!

Seriously......experience would favor Needville, but athleticism would favor Columbia.....both pitchers can hold their own at any time so they would equal each other out.....

This would be a great 2 out of 3 series, but with graduations and the UIL restrictions to Friday/Saturday only, we'll probably see just a one game playoff which would deny fans of a great series.

I was the chairperson of the TGCA softball committee and wrote the legislation to the UIL to get the coin flip for the 2 out of 3 series instituted. Looks like its been a good deal, but I guess I'll work on trying to get the UIL to allow some leeway on when the games are played.

GOFOR2
05-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I plead the 5th on that one!!!

Seriously......experience would favor Needville, but athleticism would favor Columbia.....both pitchers can hold their own at any time so they would equal each other out.....

This would be a great 2 out of 3 series, but with graduations and the UIL restrictions to Friday/Saturday only, we'll probably see just a one game playoff which would deny fans of a great series.

I was the chairperson of the TGCA softball committee and wrote the legislation to the UIL to get the coin flip for the 2 out of 3 series instituted. Looks like its been a good deal, but I guess I'll work on trying to get the UIL to allow some leeway on when the games are played.

that would be a good idea, to allow for a Thursday/Saturday or Thursday/Friday/Saturday series, etc.

neck_06
05-23-2005, 09:21 AM
PLAY IT IN DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its the perfect place

scrub c
05-23-2005, 09:40 AM
hey thats my line!

but yes, play it in DAMON, no doubt

softball_mom
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
LOL!!!

Johnnypaycheck
05-23-2005, 09:48 AM
play it at WEST OF THE BRAZOS BAR AND GRILL...they can clear the parking lot and put up a field...

pancho villa
05-23-2005, 09:57 AM
I say play it in Damon so we can drink beer and watch the game.

Old Green
05-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I say play it in Damon so we can drink beer and watch the game. AHH !!!! West of the Brazos:D . One of my favorited destinations in Damon. I'll be there again in two weeks pancho.