Brahma73
05-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Anybody know the score?????

bccards
05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
10-0 La Grange

RBARKER
05-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Wow !!! After Bridge City tore though Shepard the way they did I though BC would win this one. Congrats to unranked LaGrange for a big win.

pirate4state
05-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by bccards
10-0 La Grange

:eek: Whoa! What's the story? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: Whoa! What's the story? :thinking:

Uhm, I'll take a guess. BC wasn't as strong as Old Card thought, maybe? :thinking:

Brahma73
05-21-2005, 08:33 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

middleagecardinal
05-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey Brahma, Got your PM...Glad to hear everything is going the right direction for your girl.

BC got beat and beat themselves last night. Did not hit the ball at all and made countless errors. I do give credit to LaGrange though.....they put pressure on us all night. They seem to be much improved since the last time I saw them. However, it was only one game...we'll go back and try to double dip them today. It's not the first time we had to do that, right Brahma?

c-town_balla
05-21-2005, 09:38 AM
19AAA Softball might be better than *gasp* East Texas softball

pirate4state
05-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by middleagecardinal
However, it was only one game...we'll go back and try to double dip them today. It's not the first time we had to do that, right Brahma? Oh, I thought it was a one game series. Good Luck today.

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
19AAA Softball might be better than *gasp* East Texas softball

:clap: :clap: Well, since there are no girls teams from our district still in it, I'm rooting for Rockdale since they're in Williamson County with LH. :)

Rockdale Tiger
05-21-2005, 11:18 AM
We're in Milam LHPM... ;)

HighSchool Fan
05-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:clap: :clap: Well, since there are no girls teams from our district still in it, I'm rooting for Rockdale since they're in Williamson County with LH. :)

your suppose to be rooting for the Collinsville girls :(

Brahma73
05-21-2005, 11:36 AM
we'll go back and try to double dip them today. It's not the first time we had to do that, right Brahma?

Don't remind me! :rolleyes:

Good luck, to the girls, MAC.

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
We're in Milam LHPM... ;)

Milam? Good grief! Never mind then. :p Seriously though....someone needs to inform the American-Statesman, since they include Rockdale news in the Wmson Co news. :confused: :confused: Guess I'll need to find a new team.....I know...how about Collinsville. :)

Rockdale Tiger
05-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Or...you could still go for Rockdale anyway! :D

sicem74
05-21-2005, 04:00 PM
lol ya go rdale girls

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Wondering who our Lady Tigers face next week....Anybody know what the score was this afternoon?

sicem74
05-21-2005, 09:56 PM
we dun noe

hookandladder
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
La Grange, Bridge City- Game 1-LG-10 BC-0
Game 2-LG-8 BC-0

LaGrange 24 hits -Bridge City-6 hits 2 games

Total Domination

Old Cardinal you may want to have someone help you on your scouting reports. BC 2 ball players, pitcher and catcher and both players Total Head Cases. LG wins on BUNTING, Hitting,Pitching and Defense.Old Cardinal don't quit your Day Job, Scouting is not in the cards. BC would have struggled to finished 3rd or 4th in our District.

j_dog
05-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
.....BC would have struggled to finished 3rd or 4th in our District.
watch it, you are stealing OC's lines! :D

j_dog
05-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Congratulations LaGrange on your moving on! :)

XMan
05-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, Bridge City really got it handed to them in this series. The good thing is that BC can now start playing pay to play select daddy ball. In daddy ball there is always someone there to tell you how great you are and how you will have a scholarship waiting on you. Bottom line is that softball/baseball in the Bohemian belt is far superior to the everyday competition of the golden triangle. I dont want to even hear an argument until BC can beat someone. BC baseball has a chance this coming week, we shall see what happens. Last thing, daddy ball means nothing, high school ball is where its at.

3ASPORTSTALK
05-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Xman...insider to you!!!

You MAY have been able to make the girls softball team at WO. Notice no S.

You got that "CHICK"

Maybe you could have got the NRA to get you a positon.

You couldn't have made MAMA ball!!! out in Fair Park

LH Panther Mom
05-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Well, Bridge City really got it handed to them in this series. The good thing is that BC can now start playing pay to play select daddy ball. In daddy ball there is always someone there to tell you how great you are and how you will have a scholarship waiting on you. Bottom line is that softball/baseball in the Bohemian belt is far superior to the everyday competition of the golden triangle. I dont want to even hear an argument until BC can beat someone. BC baseball has a chance this coming week, we shall see what happens. Last thing, daddy ball means nothing, high school ball is where its at.

Thank you! I never quite understood the stigma of select ball. I'm sure in many cases the kids are at the top of the talent pool, but what I see around here is the kids playing select are the ones that their parents are willing to shell out big bucks - it has nothing to do with talent.

BTEXDAD
05-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Let's see now. La Grange outscored BC 18-0 in the two games.

According to old cardinal BC had outscored district and playoff opponents something like 206-2 (I'm exaggerating).
So now the cumulative run totals for BC are like 206-20. That's very good.

congratulations La Grange.
There is some very good softball played in the Washington, Fayette, Colorado and Austin County areas.

Dugoutcoach
05-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah Guys!, Same song, third verse - at least!!! Old C. must be full by now of eating all of that "East Texas Crow"!!! - He has been doing it for at least three, maybe more, years now!!! We went through this same "drill" last year on our (Wharton Lady Tigers) trip to "The Ship" - maybe after this year he will start "flying a little closer to the ground"!!! - LIKE DOWN TO EARTH FOR A CHANGE!!!

BCsportfan
05-22-2005, 10:05 AM
We lost two games (BIG ) in playoffs ....WE LEFT GIVING NO EXCUSES... We had been OUT PLAYED.... but as mad as you get at OC, there is no excuse for dogging two of our players, or any of our team personnally.

Others teams that we played know and still know we had a talented TEAM. We never had probelms with any "head cases"

We got beat this weekend, and when we left we were telling your fans good luck we hope you take it all.

So all this crap on here makes it sound like ALL of BC are jerks. That is just not the case.

We competed and did fine. Now we are out ..... thats all of the story.

GOOD LUCK and I hope ALL teams stay injury free through state.

lepfan
05-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BCsportfan
"head cases"

Call me stupid...but exactly what is meant by "head cases"?

3ASPORTSTALK
05-22-2005, 10:24 AM
HOOKANDLADDER,

I think the "HEAD CASES" were from the LAGRANGE FANS who had "BC SUX" written all over their TSHIRTS. (3rd row from top of bleachers (several students had this on their shirts)...real class act.

Lagrange is a great team...good luck all the way.

BCsportfan
05-22-2005, 10:28 AM
To Lep fan,
What I was refferring to was HookandLadders comment about us having two "total head cases" on our team.

ej2525
05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Call me stupid...but exactly what is meant by "head cases"?

Note to lepfan..... read the previous posts before you make a comment!

Etexpirate
05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Thank you! I never quite understood the stigma of select ball. I'm sure in many cases the kids are at the top of the talent pool, but what I see around here is the kids playing select are the ones that their parents are willing to shell out big bucks - it has nothing to do with talent.

I didn't say much when BC beat Shepherd..and if you could see the book it would tell a story about who beat who if you look at the actual earned runs in those games.. But it's neither here nor there as to if we beat ourselves or to as how much help we had.... We made errors and they hit. That simple.
We went one less game in the playoffs than BC with a team that only had one bonifide select ball player..(which by the way..her Daddy doesn't coach...never has...and never will.) The kids in our district don't have the funds to allow for the opportunity of playing travel ball..
Hats off to talented kids that exists in many of our Texas High schools, that when well coached, can bring as much 'Game" to the table as the travel kids..:inlove:

Edited...because I came back and re read my comments..
East Texas High School Ball and Houston select ball in general has traditionally produced some the finest Big 12 players that I have had the priviledge to watch.. To name a few.. Melissa Collins, Adrian Gregory, Heather Bobbit, Amanda Scarborough, Cat Osterman.. to allude that the programs we have don't produce results would be silly indeed!!
Way to go BC and good luck to La Grange!

Old Cardinal
05-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Congrats to both the girls of Rockdale and LaGrange. In the situation with BC & LG the Leps out hit us all the way through. We loaded the bases 3 times and could not convert anything into runs. Yes we were 137-2 going in to the games and to the person who belittled our pitcher and catcher that is not good, they are just HS girls trying their hardest to win. Region III is very tough and if you can't hit a particular pitcher you are out. Congrats to Kimmey Lee of LG you have a great pitching future ahead of you. To the BC girls you went 4 deep-- many teams cannot claim that accomplishment.

HighSchool Fan
05-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Region III is very tough

we know, we hear that from you all the time. i'm waiting for some of the teams from R3 to join the big 12 at anytime.

Etexpirate
05-22-2005, 02:01 PM
...and shame you guys for dogging Oldcardinal about his school pride.. Sure he is proud of his team and the girls that play on it.. Aren't we all?? Good grief! But I have never seen him be negative about a player on this board...and have read his comments of praise and respect for outstanding players on opposing teams.
Shame on adults that would criticize high school girls on a public forum.. They are still kids playing a game..

HighSchool Fan
05-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
...and shame you guys for dogging Oldcardinal about his school pride.. Sure he is proud of his team and the girls that play on it.. Aren't we all?? Good grief! But I have never seen him be negative about a player on this board...and have read his comments of praise and respect for outstanding players on opposing teams.
Shame on adults that would criticize high school girls on a public forum.. They are still kids playing a game..

it's not his school pride that is the problem. it's his statements that say that no one can compete with SE Texas teams. that SE Texas is the best in everything. then he starts making stuff up about schools faking enrollment numbers. stay around awhile and read his post with an objective view and you will see what we all are talking about.

Etexpirate
05-22-2005, 02:32 PM
ok.. I'll try.. but really you are probably about the second person to ever to reply to me directly.. This has been a hard board to break the ice on..

:thinking:

Even though I don't have the history here on this board enjoying all of OC's delightful posts of the past... I will say that he was a gentelman and a class act and a gracious individual when I met him in person at the playoff game.. So that's all I got to go on..
But I will disagree with him on SE Texas being the best in everything unless you love gross humidity and mosquito's and big a birds..:(
I think he likes to Devil you guys...:devil:

HighSchool Fan
05-22-2005, 02:37 PM
come into the chat room sometime, that is the best way to break the ice

LH Panther Mom
05-22-2005, 02:48 PM
ok.. I'll try.. but really you are probably about the second person to ever to reply to me directly.. This has been a hard board to break the ice on..

I think he likes to Devil you guys...:devil:

Sorry about that....sometimes the new folks that get lots of replies aren't necessarily good replies. ;)

And you're right about Old Card....he does...I was just dogging him back a little. :D

As far as select ball, I wasn't trying to be rude. My experience with it is only what I see around me and is generally with the younger kids playing baseball. It wasn't meant as anything against any player. As I said, I know there are many cases where talent is what is getting those players in.

Old Cardinal
05-22-2005, 02:56 PM
I am sorry but I do favor Region III as the strongest overall in sports. As to questioning of enrollment reporting I have questioned only ONE and that is Gainesville's reporting methodology in remaining in 3A. When the town has 18,000-19,000 population???? If you happened to notice I was not the only one on here that found that a little questionable and would like a UIL investigation on the enrollment determining procedures. I know you grip that many of us have questioned the enrollment thing at Gainesville but that is the way it is and it will continue!

HighSchool Fan
05-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I am sorry but I do favor Region III as the strongest overall in sports. As to questioning of enrollment reporting I have questioned only ONE and that is Gainesville's reporting methodology in remaining in 3A. When the town has 18,000-19,000 population???? If you happened to notice I was not the only one on here that found that a little questionable and would like a UIL investigation on the enrollment determining procedures. I know you grip that many of us have questioned the enrollment thing at Gainesville but that is the way it is and it will continue!

i think it was you and 1 other person talking about it. the town isn't 18,000 people either. again your just throwing out made up stuff. people we kids don't move to gainesville becuase of the school system. i graduated from there and would never send my kids there. just learn some facts before you make stuff up.

Etexpirate
05-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
come into the chat room sometime, that is the best way to break the ice
Yeah..I gotta figure out how to do that and just jump in I suppose..

HighSchool Fan
05-22-2005, 03:11 PM
click on chat and come on in

Etexpirate
05-22-2005, 03:13 PM

As far as select ball, I wasn't trying to be rude. My experience with it is only what I see around me and is generally with the younger kids playing baseball. It wasn't meant as anything against any player. As I said, I know there are many cases where talent is what is getting those players in. [/B]

I didn't think that you were rude at all.. I hate to see kids that don't have the talent being pushed by parents with a check book just so they can have bragging rights.. And then we have a ton of raw talent on our HS team that made it to Area champs with a bunch of girls that are talented enough to play Select, but either don't want to or don't have the funds to do so..
My daughter LOVES to pitch and LOVES travel ball.. Every year I try to buy her another Rodeo horse and get her to come haul with me.. But she must love it because she can't be bribed...lol..

Old Cardinal
05-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Ladies, I have been around year round ball for a while. The premium named teams have "tryouts" and all of the parents there at the tryouts are willing to make sacrifices monetarialy and timewise to let their youth play on a premium team. Of course not all the girls can make the premium teams that try out. The girls earn the spots on the teams and if they don't make it this season the try out again next season.
What has happen is that very inferior teams are sometime formed and try to compete. When it becomes apparent that they can't hang they usually dissipate quickly as their best players are picked up as premium team get players hurt or have to move away or something. It's a good program and it beats the alternatives out there in our area.
I do feel for the girls that live in rural areas with the skill to play year round and improve to the level that some college would scholarship them.
The HSs that are getting the boys and girls tons of scholarships are usually getting them in golf, tennis, cross country, softball, baseball, volleyball and math & science academics. On the other hand there are HSs that specialize almost exclusively in football and basketball.

lepfan
05-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
Note to lepfan..... read the previous posts before you make a comment!

Note to YOU...that was NOT a COMMENT that was a LEGIT QUESTION...I truly do not know what you all are talking about "head case". I was asking what it meant to be a "head case". Geez...can a person not ask a question without being slammed. Can someone WITHOUT an attitude PLEASE answer my QUESTION.:confused:

:hand: to YOU ej!

rhs78
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Congrats to the ladies from La Grange,good luck in the next matchup.

BTEXDAD
05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Note to YOU...that was NOT a COMMENT that was a LEGIT QUESTION...I truly do not know what you all are talking about "head case". I was asking what it meant to be a "head case". Geez...can a person not ask a question without being slammed. Can someone WITHOUT an attitude PLEASE answer my QUESTION.:confused:

Sometimes I think what people consider a "head case" is simply a very competitive player who doesn't like to lose and shows their frustration when losing. If you are on a team that has a winning tradition, the coach wants these type of players and I'm not saying that in a negative way.
A "head case" to the visiting team is a "competitive, hard nosed kid" to the home team.

Let's all back off jabs at the kids though.

BTEXDAD
05-23-2005, 09:00 AM

I'm pretty new on here too, etexpirate. I think i may have you mixed up with someone else. Are you the one who said he came through Bellville sometimes on way to livestock shows?
If so, you can stop and have coffee with me. I like to talk sports for hours and my wife seems to get tired of it after five minutes or so?!?!?

ej2525
05-23-2005, 10:05 AM

I am TRULY SORRY for answering your question in the manner I did. I hope this morning you awoke to birds chirping and fresh spring time air to start off your Monday morning. Please accept my sincere heartfelt apology for the manner in which I replied to you yesterday. I have turned a new leaf and put that attitude behind me to start this new week. I hope we can still be bestest of friends!!

Easy Tiger…. I am just kidding! At the time I wrote that I was a little irritated by the comment by hookandladder <-- (LOW CLASS) calling out two kids publicly (hence the attitude). Hookandladder was probably one of the kids in the stands with “BC Sux” written on their T-Shirts. :kiss:

BTEXDAD
05-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I am TRULY SORRY for answering your question in the manner I did. I hope this morning you awoke to birds chirping and fresh spring time air to start off your Monday morning. Please accept my sincere heartfelt apology for the manner in which I replied to you yesterday. I have turned a new leaf and put that attitude behind me to start this new week. I hope we can still be bestest of friends!!

Easy Tiger…. I am just kidding! At the time I wrote that I was a little irritated by the comment by hookandladder <-- (LOW CLASS) calling out two kids publicly (hence the attitude). Hookandladder was probably one of the kids in the stands with “BC Sux” written on their T-Shirts. :kiss:

I'm glad you did a disclaimer on that first paragraph, ej2525. I was thinking "it's Monday, I don't notice fresh air or birds on Monday. What is this idiot's problem even mentioning it?"
If birds chirp too much on a Monday, that shotgun of mine is coming out.

lepfan
05-23-2005, 10:45 AM
birds chirping and fresh spring time air to start off your Monday morning

the birds are chirping...the weather is fine...but there is a hint of cow poo smell in the air...

I left my attitude at the door ;). :)

Sorry about the "unsportsman" attire....some have no taste or tact.

lepfan
05-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Sometimes I think what people consider a "head case" is simply a very competitive player who doesn't like to lose and shows their frustration when losing. If you are on a team that has a winning tradition, the coach wants these type of players and I'm not saying that in a negative way.
A "head case" to the visiting team is a "competitive, hard nosed kid" to the home team.

Let's all back off jabs at the kids though.

Thank you...:)

I agree, cheap stabs at individual kids is a NO NO!!!! They are kids giving 100% for their passion.

Etexpirate
05-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I'm pretty new on here too, etexpirate. I think i may have you mixed up with someone else. Are you the one who said he came through Bellville sometimes on way to livestock shows?
If so, you can stop and have coffee with me. I like to talk sports for hours and my wife seems to get tired of it after five minutes or so?!?!?
Nope..that's me! Except I'm a "she".. I Pro Rodeo and always seem to be cutting through there with a big trailer for some reason...hence the interest in small town resturants. :D
I can talk softball (high school or Select ball)..for days..baseball for hours..football only if it's about the days of Dallas' Roger S and Houston's Dan P or Terry Bradshaw.. Lost interest after that..
lol.. But I LOVE a good cup of coffee.. So if your wife doesn't mind you drinking a cup with a cowgirl..you're on!

hookandladder
05-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Maybe you shoud ask him what he had to say about the LG coach. Referring to her coaching ability.

hookandladder
05-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by BCsportfan
To Lep fan,
What I was refferring to was HookandLadders comment about us having two "total head cases" on our team.

What I was referring to was the way your pitcher and catcher were acting on the field, As a pitcher and catcher it's your job to fine the umpire's strike zone and make the adjustments to the umpire. Your pitcher and catcher were not willing to do so, so that's what I was referring to as the way they were acting. Player must understand they are a reflection of their coach.The LG picther kept her cool and her head in the game. Your pitcher definitely has chance to be a player at the college level, but she will need to learn to hit a good changeup. Good luck to her.

lepfan
05-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
LG coach

Is Sharon V. still the softball coach?

Ranger Mom
05-23-2005, 02:24 PM

I left my attitude at the door ;). :)

I'm sorry..but that was SO unbelievable I just HAD to laugh!!:D :p

pirate4state
05-23-2005, 02:29 PM
:doh: I can't believe this is still going on! The series is OVER - let it rest. :rolleyes: Everyone give La Grange a :clap: and congratulate Bridge City on their fine season. :clap:

JEEZ!!!

3ASPORTSTALK
05-23-2005, 02:32 PM
HookandLadder

which coach were you? The guy on first or the guy on third?

rhs78
05-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: I can't believe this is still going on! The series is OVER - let it rest. :rolleyes: Everyone give La Grange a :clap: and congratulate Bridge City on their fine season. :clap:

JEEZ!!!

I agree Pirate4state, the best Team won the series and is moving on, both teams were good enough to get this far and the ladies from LaGrange won.

middleagecardinal
05-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Last thing, daddy ball means nothing, high school ball is where its at.

Highschool ball doesn't get your college paid for.

Bandera YaYa
05-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Highschool ball doesn't get your college paid for. Yes it can........

Bell_06
05-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Seldom does high school softball expose their players to college coaches. One of the biggest reasons is the fact that colleges are playing at the same time. Some of the 5A school with top winning records can help recruit their girls but not often do you see that same interest in the 3A schools. I can not recall a single girl in recent years that has been recruited by a college that didn't play tournament ball. And not just tournament ball but playing in tournaments that are geared for college exposure.

So I'd have to disagree with the statement that high school ball is where it's at, unless you are only collecting jacket patches.

Brahma73
05-26-2005, 08:56 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can this thread die now?!?!?!?!?!:rolleyes:

Bell_06
05-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can this thread die now?!?!?!?!?!:rolleyes: Sorry I bothered you Greg by posting.. consider it dead

ej2525
05-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Highschool ball doesn't get your college paid for.

It paid for approximately 80% of my degree!!

Old Cardinal
05-27-2005, 08:43 AM
I know there is a ton of evidence that all the girls with the major scholarships have played tournament ball. That is why you see all the College Scouts at major 18 & U Select tournaments. They know that the girls have played 70-80 games a year for many years and are dedicated to the point of keeping on getting a little better each year.

3afan
05-27-2005, 08:47 AM
not 3A --- but I'm calling the Rockwall/Garland best 2 of 3 series Fri/Sat in Allen - 5A Region II championship -- should be fun