PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Updates

Jacket2000
09-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Rankings, weekly picks, and games of the week for week 2 are done.
J2K

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Diboll over Carthage. With all those talented freshmen you have got to be kidding. LOL. OK OK enough I know. On the serious side, I sure hope you are correct with Commerce over Wylie. I think it is going to be a tough contest. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Chris Hart
09-11-2002, 09:13 PM
This may seem like a stretch to some, but I'll take Commerce over Wylie by 10.Eye of the Tiger, I have a friend who told me about Coach Cron before his first state championship.I have been paying close attention to him since.I know yall lost a great coach, but I saw on another post where somebody said the commerce team chemistry and mystique left with him.I think he did outstanding his first year there don't you?All of his teams have always had a great team concept, I don't think that yall were downgraded at the coach position at all by bringing in Cron.If I had a choice of coaches in high school football, it would be him.One would think that a state championship in his first year would silence his critics there.What are your thoughts on this.Just curious.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

[This message has been edited by Chris Hart (edited September 11, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 09:34 PM
Chris I like Coach Cron alot. He was our third coach in three years. Steve Lineweaver now with 5A Euless Trinity was there for 9 years I think and he took us to 3 state games. Lost two, but won the last one all against Sealy. When he left Coach Bragg came and stayed for one year. He went 13-1 and left for 5A North Mesquite. Lot of people were concerned about losing a good coach two years in a row. Then Coach Cron came and put fears to rest. We won our second state championship in three years and our 4th trip to THE GAME in 7 years. He is dynamic. The fears rose again this year, because he put in for several 4A jobs during the off season. He obviously didnt get a new position and is still with Commerce. I like him and more important the players like him and his leadership. I hope he stays for awhile.

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited September 11, 2002).]

Chris Hart
09-11-2002, 09:44 PM
I don't blame you.

WillsPointgradTJC
09-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Wow, If Wills Point beats Forney in the first round you will blame the weather or something. It is amazing no matter what happens they get no respect from anyone. I dont care that you think they will lose this game but how can you say they are riding to high, they did not pull out a win on Lindale, they BEAT them there only score came on a fluke at the end of the game when WP had pulled people. Give them a little credit, those boys are good

Jacket2000
09-11-2002, 11:38 PM
I never said that WP won on a fluke. I said WP appears to be riding too high, based on the posts Ive read. Yes, you beat a good Lindale team, congratulations. Yes, most considered it an upset, but dont go ordering rings yet. It is possible that Lindale was overrated or that it was just a bad night for the Eagles. Truthfully, I hope not.If you noticed, I listed WP as my preseason team to watch. Id like to see Wills Point do well. They always seem to catch a bad break in the playoffs. It's been Forney, Commerce, or Aledo for the past 3 years, and that's bad for just about anyone. But, I do believe that Gilmer is the real deal and will probably bring more firepower than Lindale on both sides of the ball. So, good luck this Friday. You will definately have your hands full, but I hope you do well.
J2K

WpSr03
09-11-2002, 11:52 PM
Can't quite say that we are riding too high in reference to the posts on here J2K... No WP players post here, only 3 or 4 fans, all but me are grads. So what we say on here does not at all reflect the attitude of our team. In stark contrast, while were on it, I talk to many of the players and they have much respect for every team we have played. Many of them actually were amazed that we beat Lindale, and are very excited about playing a team as good as Gilmer... When asked about winning against Gilmer, all I really get is "I don't know, it will be a very fun game"...

wpgrad
09-12-2002, 12:29 PM
I agree that Gilmer is the real deal but so is WP. I am up in the press box every game and have seen film on Gilmer. I can tell you that Gilmer is better on offense than Lindale but not as good on defense. I get updates just about everyday from my two brothers that are on the WP team and also speak with coaches every couple of days. I can tell you this, it is going to be a great game b/c both teams are the real deal.